Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 1, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #17,057 of 42,788

Sorry, it was the CCK less cable in the stacking picture on the previous page.  Someone mentioned that there were rumors that it wasn't durable.  From personal experience, I can say that is not the case.  Because it is so flexible and strong, it ends up working quite well.

May 1, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #17,058 of 42,788

Don't forget that the signal interference depends on what type of signal you're pulling in (2, 3 or 4G) so if you're in a good signal area you won't have any problem at all, fringe area, or one with an older 2G signal, the RFI will be all around the mojo.

I'm enjoying my rekindling love of mojo, on my long arduous journey, my little triple stack is putting a smile on my face
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe this explains why I've never heard the slightest bit of noise.  I live in inner Sydney and pretty much all of Sydney has strong 4G reception with 5G just around the corner.  But I never noticed anything in Melbourne either and they have a few small holes where 4G will drop to 3.5, especially indoors.

I'm going to test forcing 2G (if possible).  I'm pretty sure I know what the noise is (heard on AM radio for instance) but not once heard anything on my Mojo.

May 1, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #17,059 of 42,788
  So which driver are you supposed to use if you are using Windows 8.1? I can't find any specification about that, only that there is a driver for Windows and Windows 7?...

I think "Windows" means Windows 8 or newer and "Windows 7" refers to just Windows 7.  At least that's how I interpreted it and I haven't had a problem on Windows 10.

May 1, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #17,061 of 42,788
No problems here with Windows 10 either, although it was a brief test with a now returned surface book. Prefer my MacBooks. I've never listened to Mojo with my macs yet. I'm assuming kind of pointless. I don't have any music software, and I'm usually using my X7 with the Mojo.

May 1, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #17,063 of 42,788
3G Asus phone here, never had any interference on the MOJO unit I have over otg micro-USB.

May 2, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #17,064 of 42,788
  Is there any way to charge and play from your iPhone at the same time with using the mojo?

Have you received your USB 3 CCK cable yet? Apple website says that, it is only compatible with iPads. 

Edit: I found this after I posted here. A snippet from one of the reviews of the item on apple's website:

May 2, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #17,065 of 42,788
Have you received your USB 3 CCK cable yet? Apple website says that, it is only compatible with iPads. 

Edit: I found this after I posted here. A snippet from one of the reviews of the item on apple's website:

Yup works on my iPhone!

May 2, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #17,068 of 42,788
I have a phone that is only used as a music player for my Mojo. My question is leaving the phone connected to the mojo over night, will that drain the phone faster?

May 2, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #17,069 of 42,788

I only get RF on occasion and only when they are stacked one on the other.  

Putting it on airplane mode takes care of the problem.  

Also, when I listen to them flat on a desk, next to each other, there is no RF.  

On a certain walk, under power lines, there is one spot, always, which gives a nasty RF.  As I approach it, I know its the same spot each time.  I wonder if some material between the iPhone and the Mojo might help?

Even on my lap, if side by side, gets no RF; only in stack.  I also have an extra cable with me that is 2' long and works nicely for just setting them down next to me.  I have tried the longer cable, with phone and mojo in opposite pockets and this works too.  Strangely enough, there are times, on the treadmill, where they are stacked and I get no RF.  I prefer to get no calls so I don't mind the Airplane mode. 

Aha. Do you run mojo only via phone? I would recommend, as you are seriously bitten by the Mojo-bug, to looking into a cheapish player to use as a transport. Even an older, superceded model would be a great option, digital out is, for the most part, still digital out, even if it's in last year's colours and stripes, so to speak! I always find the whole thing about using a phone to listen to music with is a bit of a non-sequitur, as the distractions are too many and the interface is so poor and pretty buggy at the best of times.

It's also so nice to have the buttons accessible on a dedicated player which can be pressed through shirt pockets, etc.

I think i remember I noticed you mentioned you are running T1.2's with your mojo? I have the T1's original version. Got them a few months back at a bargain price, and I can't fault them. They are just amazing with the mojo. So many things are "right" when I listen. One of the most noticeable things is how the music flows and swells in dynamics in a natural, effortless way. And the micro-detail on tap is incredible. I would dearly like to get some IEM's which can duplicate that!! I have the K3003's from AKG but they just sound a little stressed and lacking by comparison. Very good in isolation, but compared to the T1's... hmmm. How do your's fare with the Mojo?

May 2, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #17,070 of 42,788
  Aha. Do you run mojo only via phone? I would recommend, as you are seriously bitten by the Mojo-bug, to looking into a cheapish player to use as a transport. Even an older, superceded model would be a great option, digital out is, for the most part, still digital out, even if it's in last year's colours and stripes, so to speak! I always find the whole thing about using a phone to listen to music with is a bit of a non-sequitur, as the distractions are too many and the interface is so poor and pretty buggy at the best of times.

It's also so nice to have the buttons accessible on a dedicated player which can be pressed through shirt pockets, etc.

I think i remember I noticed you mentioned you are running T1.2's with your mojo? I have the T1's original version. Got them a few months back at a bargain price, and I can't fault them. They are just amazing with the mojo. So many things are "right" when I listen. One of the most noticeable things is how the music flows and swells in dynamics in a natural, effortless way. And the micro-detail on tap is incredible. I would dearly like to get some IEM's which can duplicate that!! I have the K3003's from AKG but they just sound a little stressed and lacking by comparison. Very good in isolation, but compared to the T1's... hmmm. How do your's fare with the Mojo?

I use the Mojo mostly through Macbook Pro and Tidal.  I've considered something separate for Mojo, but haven't decided yet.  
I have heard the T1 first gen. and they are wonderful and the price has come down considerably.  My only concern was I wanted detachable cable with grandkids jumping on me, but we may get one for my wife.  She has confiscated the AK T8 ie on me and her smile was all too much to resist, so she has them.  We found a dealer willing to discount the AK T8 ie because they did not sell and have very few reviews, and I find these the closest to that marvelous T1 sound (I heard T5, too and love it).  I feel very strongly about German made quality (I feel this way about English made mens shoes and now English made DACs, too).  

As to the connection to iPhone or other device:  
This might work:    
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CBT76TG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1462138828&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=bicycle+silicone+band&dpPl=1&dpID=519Dqlvy3rL&ref=plSrch

I do wonder if other than Airplane mode, if a simple thin rubber matting between them might work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back