Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 18, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #16,216 of 42,765
Mojo - Phone - Flac - IEM. Fully charged blue light, did not turn off Mojo. Blue light lasted 1hour 45 minutes. Volume one before White light.

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #16,217 of 42,765
Mojo - Phone - Flac - IEM. Fully charged blue light, did not turn off Mojo. Blue light lasted 1hour 45 minutes. Volume one before White light.

Under 2 hours fully charged? Faulty?

Thanks for replying. I listen to 16bit flac files and stream spodify most of the time on my phone, which one will give me a more noticeable improvement? ( upgrading from a fiio x5ii )

Both improves sound quality over x5ii. Hugo and Mojo are two differently tuned DAC. Give a listen for both & decide. Of course there are other aspects, i.e. Size, price.

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #16,218 of 42,765
Under 2 hours fully charged? Faulty?
Both improves sound quality over x5ii. Hugo and Mojo are two differently tuned DAC. Give a listen for both & decide. Of course there are other aspects, i.e. Size, price.
I really dont think anything is faulty , I think thats the battery life.

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #16,219 of 42,765
Anybody else notice this:

I use my Mojo permanently close-coupled to a Z5 Compact with 200GB microSD as my music source (not using the phone for anything else) to hold a range of mp3/flac/dsd.

As most know, the Mojo is affected by electrical interference from phones aerials especially if close-coupled, with recommendation to put the phone in "Flight-mode" which then stops it being used for streaming media (Spotify/Tidal). I have found that over wifi only, there is no interference 99% of time but with 4G enabled the interference is constant. I then tried turning 4G off just forcing 3G and interference greatly reduced, similar to WiFi. Anybody else confirm this? I'm only using a cheap short right-angled OTG cable as seen in photos.

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #16,220 of 42,765
  Anybody else notice this:

I use my Mojo permanently close-coupled to a Z5 Compact with 200GB microSD as my music source (not using the phone for anything else) to hold a range of mp3/flac/dsd.

As most know, the Mojo is affected by electrical interference from phones aerials especially if close-coupled, with recommendation to put the phone in "Flight-mode" which then stops it being used for streaming media (Spotify/Tidal). I have found that over wifi only there is no interference 99% of time but with 4G enabled the interference is constant. I then tried turning 4G off just forcing 3G and interference greatly reduced, similar to WiFi. Anybody else confirm this? I'm only using a cheap short right-angled OTG cable as seen in photos.

Use some ferrite cores, it's priced less than $5 on AE, it vastly reduced all the RF noise. You just need to put 1 core on each side of ur OTG cable.

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #16,222 of 42,765
Apr 18, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #16,224 of 42,765
2 hours, which is just 25% of the claimed battery life sounds faulty to me. Mine lasted more than 8 hours.
Thanks for the reply. How are you using your Mojo, dap, pc, phone? What sort of headphone or iem ? EQ? Volume ?

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #16,226 of 42,765

2 hours, which is just 25% of the claimed battery life sounds faulty to me. Mine lasted more than 8 hours.

Looks like he said 1.75 hours for the blue light which isn't that bad. There's still green, yellow and red to go, unless I'm grossly misreading something here.

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #16,227 of 42,765
  Recently acquired a Mojo and let's just say it's lived up to the hype. So much I'm thinking of just keeping it and replacing my current rig's DAC.

Any issues using the MOJO primarily as a desktop DAC??? I know each time you power it up you need to set it to line level.

Also I'll mostly be using my DX80 to output via COAX to it. Will any 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable work or should I get something more specific?

Actually there is a way around that. Line level is set to 3V rms with the Mojo default line-level. However e.g my active desktop speakers line level-in, is set to 2V. According to Chord (ref earlier in the thread) 2V rms can be got by four clicks down from 3V rms.

By following this, set to 2V rms, it means the Mojo remembers that volume setting every time I start it up. Basically I don't touch my Mojo when left on my desktop, besides switching it on and off.

I have it charged to full, and leave it plugged in. Chord assure us this is OK, as the battery is tough. It means that the Mojo doesn't get too hot charging and playing at the same time. It does warm though for short periods of time. Secondly leaving the charger plugged in all the time has one other good feature explained by Rob Watts. When the battery is full, and not using the Mojo, the charging is switched off with the charger plugged in. In other words you don't have a charge going into the battery constantly when it's not in use. It's drawing no power from the charger.

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #16,228 of 42,765
I am having a crazy idea for powering the Mojo. Using a solar power charger. Surely there is one that operates at 5V, (as I guess phone chargers do). Therefor one would need to run 5W to get a 1A charger. Some are rated at e.g 7W. Some also say they have a micro-USB cabel with them.

Anyway, http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/gadgets-tech/best-solar-chargers-for-phones-iphone-camping-a6981856.html

(I am thinking of using one at home. However it may be useful for folk who use their Mojo portably, and can't get a full day out.)

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #16,229 of 42,765
Hello guys, I'm stuck between getting a chord mojo or a Fiio X7 itself. How do they compare in term of sound quality? 

I have both. Mojo wins on Sq. For me for the X7 to even sound comparable I had to purchase the am2 module. Mojo still sounds better, but they are much closer together. If I had to choose between them, I'd pick the Mojo. I love my X7 too. On some days I might pick the X7 actually. :wink:

Also depends on usage. Are you not going to be mobile? Strictly at home? Definitely mojo. On the go more often? Than maybe reconsider, as it's not always ideal to stack. I do whenever it's possible, it's worth the extra effort.

I think i'm getting about 5-6hrs max with mine.  All i've been using with it is iems and volume mostly at red-yellow, blue when i'm on full basshead mode.  so it's not like i'm using a lot of the power.  

I'm gonna go full charge to full drain and mark the time after each use to find out if I need to send this thing in.

I think that's about what I'm getting as well. Powering mostly IEMS, but sometimes my th900, which I feel are easier to drive than some of my IEMS. I'm rarely in the blue, especially yesterday was working so music was just background noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back