Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 8, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #15,541 of 42,765
Dat Tech Specs: "True Reference Grade - Mastering Quality".

I understand putting that in description, but in tech specs?

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #15,542 of 42,765
The differences I heard was with an optical connection, which is immune to 'stray currents'. I really think that it's down to the way the player is decoding the file and perhaps (just a hunch) there may be DSP going on in some players that aren't being advertised. Of course, strictly speaking of what I've heard on my devices. RF noise and other 'stray currents' may affect other players, but I'm still doubtful it's jitter that would cause a difference.

YEAH right you said it was optical connection... So I'm going with what you said before :)
But one might argue if COAXIAL is totally immune to grounding problems...

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #15,543 of 42,765

I don't have a Femto clock version of the M1 and was expecting zero difference between using it and the AK100 as the transport. However, much like I had with the Hugo, the best results I got sonically were with the coax input. In the Hugo's case, it was with Soundaware's D100PRO. I have no idea why, unless one of the devices has an output that isn't bit perfect. If not that, the only thing I could speculate is that the Hugo and Mojo's electronics have to perform less timing recovery and the internal electronics end up generating less noise themselves. 

Are there any differences/implications apart from plug tightness/depth if I use a non coaxial cable to send coax signal - as it sound pretty impressive using my crystal cable and Esther M1 Vitality - Sending DSD with no problems

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #15,544 of 42,765

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=5706.1529727.a31f1.4.SmNVtI&scm=1007.11502.21311.100200300000003&id=528390962477&pvid=5e6a9193-0115-4887-a3ba-6f1ee2d8530f

not trying to help them ad. here but just an example from Taobao for available options of 3.5mm coaxial cable for Fiio Mk2s with Mojo

That's very helpful for a lot of owners. Curious why they use a TRS plug at Mojo end when a TS plug is all that's required.

Thanks, I appreciate the effort.

However, I'm not confident that that is wired correctly for Fiio X3ii/X5ii. It might be, but I'd need confirmation from a head-fier who's actually tried it, before suggesting others consider buying it.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #15,546 of 42,765
  Are there any differences/implications apart from plug tightness/depth if I use a non coaxial cable to send coax signal - as it sound pretty impressive using my crystal cable and Esther M1 Vitality - Sending DSD with no problems

Probably not at that length, but without testing with a 'scope it is impossible to say for sure. TRS plugs don't have the correct characteristic impedance anyway. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #15,548 of 42,765
Extreme question...

Someone knows how to make the balls frosted look restored to its original state?

I thought you were going to say your balls had fallen off and you want to know how to put them back in... :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 8, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #15,549 of 42,765
I thought you were going to say your balls had fallen off and you want to know how to put them back in...
tongue.gif

No.
tongue.gif

I would like to find out a cleaning method that makes the original look of balls back.

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #15,550 of 42,765
I don't know if this belongs here or at "Mojo's Greatest Hits" but I thought to share this thought with others this morning. 

Audiophile equipment likely makes many of us more 'critical' in our listening.  I went through this process testing various DACs and amps, after settling on headphones, and even of recent weeks, I went through this in in ear monitors for walking/hiking with Mojo.  

I find that with Mojo, not only am I using 'critical listening' and saying within myself, 'I did not hear that acoustic backing on Billy Joel before!" but my critical listening is very enjoyable with Mojo, elevating just above "can I hear this detail", to being 'lost' in the enjoyment of the music.  Perhaps this is the subjective meaning of "musicality" with Mojo. 

Yes, it is critical listening, but it is more with Mojo.  Perhaps it is that elusive and difficult to understand science of 'timing' and length of notes, but it is 'easy' listening for hours. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #15,551 of 42,765
Can I ask a VERY stupid question please.  Just hooked up my mojo to my macbook pro.  The toslink works just fine.  The micro usb does not.  I did not plug it into the micro charging port.   I set the MBP to output mojo usb.  Do I need a special micro usb cable???

Thanks

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #15,552 of 42,765
   I set the MBP to output mojo usb.  Do I need a special micro usb cable???

For use with a MBP, no, you definitely do not need a special microUSB cable (OTG, etc.). The standard USB cable that is supplied in the Mojo box is all you need to connect a Mojo to a MBP, so I'm not sure what is causing your current issue.

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #15,553 of 42,765
  Can I ask a VERY stupid question please.  Just hooked up my mojo to my macbook pro.  The toslink works just fine.  The micro usb does not.  I did not plug it into the micro charging port.   I set the MBP to output mojo usb.  Do I need a special micro usb cable???

Thanks

A second part of getting the Mojo to work with OS X is to run the Audio MIDI Setup App (located in the Utilities Folder) to set the Mojo output sample rate to match what the Mojo can input (or what you are playing or maybe just 44100.0 Hz). Set it to 44100.0 Hz and see if you can hear it play. This only has to be done once unless you change what you are listening to a higher sample rate.

I am assuming you have a data cable since you said you set the output to Mojo usb so the MBP must see it.

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #15,554 of 42,765

Thanks

Make sure its a charge/sync cable.   I am using a simple usb to micro (Samsung cable) with my MB pro and it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back