Chord Hugo
Oct 16, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #12,241 of 15,694
  You mean the modded the HD800?

He also chose it because of his work not enjoyment 
wink.gif

I agree with Tyll HD800 for monitoring while he 1000 for music .

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #12,242 of 15,694
anybody using Beyer dt880 600 ohm version with hugo ? or suggest any other flat response monitoring type headphones of high impedence in the similar price range ? ken Rockwell has very high praise for Beyer dt880.

Better to buy Mojo many said it sound 70 % of hugo , so save your money and get one of these baby .

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #12,243 of 15,694
I own dt 880 ( light bass ,very clear sound ) and Philips x1 . I prefer X1 for fun . It has more bass and same headstage , but X1 is better in imaging and rumbling inside your head so it's one of these headphones for gaming and movies .
the Hd 800 is the best Hp for monitoring,
or get the T1 v2 :  warm,smooth and musicality better than hd800 but less headstage .
T1 and hd 800 is way better technically than both X1 and dt 800 .

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #12,244 of 15,694
why Rob use Batteries which produce power through a chemical reaction. Every type of battery will have a slightly different chemical mixture that is used to generate power.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #12,246 of 15,694
  Well it does sound an awful lot better - but another Hugo moment? That's difficult to imagine. We all respond differently to devices, but Hugo to me, in entirely musicality terms, or being emotionally involved with the music, with Hugo it was like somebody had turned on the light on in a darkened room. I guess the visual analogy would be that future improvements will be like getting better glasses - Hugo has already kindly turned the lights on! 

Rob

Did you ever listen to tube amp or lampizator GG or 5 at least , hugo sound digital compare to very good dac.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #12,247 of 15,694
not being funny but you appear to have an obsession with putting Chord products down whilst promoting other brands... now I don't have a problem with constructive criticism but blatant 'shilling' of one brand over another gets pretty tiresome.

I don't have to justify Chord products as it's way easier to let Hugo/Mojo/Dave do the talking musically, there are thousands of happy end users that can attest to that... but hey, good luck with your search of music nirvana...
normal_smile .gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #12,248 of 15,694
I've been impressed by the highest standards of conduct and personal integrity, similar posts are available on this page

http://www.head-fi.org/t/730313/new-nagra-hd-dac/375

Another highly respected member had to exit because of such impulsive impressive behavior

http://www.head-fi.org/t/730313/new-nagra-hd-dac/390#post_11987565

Medal of Honor is more than deserved IMHO.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #12,249 of 15,694

I don't want to point the finger at anybody but one person in particular, who has joined recently, has for some reason nothing better to do then posting rubbish all day. I understand that there is something called "Freedom of Speech", but there comes a point  .....

I don't even want to log on to Head-Fi anymore.

So please turn it down a notch or use your "creativity" elsewhere!

I will probably reprimanded for this post - but it has to be said!

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #12,250 of 15,694
IT really suck when you bought a new dac and compare it to other very good dac and found that your highly hyped dac sound not impressive at all .
I can now tell hugo is a normal dac with overhyped also chord know how to marketing, it's true .They are trying to do the same thing everytime .
BUT mojo is the best product they could release for the price 100% even if it's sound 70 or 80% of hugo .

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #12,251 of 15,694
Raika, what setup do you have? Maybe a synergy issue?

Probably not a good idea in all honesty to spam threads with your dissatisfaction, best plan is to explain your problem and see if anyone can offer resolution...

If not, if your unit is so new that you're only making this observation now, am sure most retailers would offer you a refund if within the statutory period.

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #12,253 of 15,694
  why Rob use Batteries which produce power through a chemical reaction. Every type of battery will have a slightly different chemical mixture that is used to generate power.

Hugo is designed to use with battery because it is meant for portable/ transportable use. I am not sure for the 36650 battery used in hugo, but there are batteries that has very low noise, low ESR and very high discharge rate. I used batteries for a couple of my diy project which is better than most of the LPS out there (Not 36650).

Is that question meant for the TT? If that so, I read somewhere that Rob would ditch the battery if he were to redesign the TT.

Quote:
  IT really suck when you bought a new dac and compare it to other very good dac and found that your highly hyped dac sound not impressive at all .
I can now tell hugo is a normal dac with overhyped also chord know how to marketing, it's true .They are trying to do the same thing everytime .
BUT mojo is the best product they could release for the price 100% even if it's sound 70 or 80% of hugo .

What is your concern here? I am impressed with hugo to use with my headphones and replaced my lavry da11 with it. I tried to connect hugo to my home speaker setup. Compared to the my diy dac, it is still acceptable, and I am still tweaking the setup to match with my home setup. I can't say for TT as I never try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back