Chord Hugo
Oct 14, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #12,217 of 15,694
  Should I hold out for the new Chord Mojo or get Hugo to drive CIEM? 

I'll advise you to try and get a listen to the mojo before making any decisions. I have both, and at moment both sound nearly identical to my untrained ears
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #12,222 of 15,694
  how did u do that ? I play with Hugo 24 hours didn't notice any improvement even when change digital output setting of hugo usb in my win 10 . I did everything from 16 bit to 24 bit to 32 bit and tried all frequences .

I use the usb HD connection and the chord USB drivers for my Win8.1 system. I play mainly with Foobar2000 but get the same quality from Kodi, as long as switch off replay gain in both programs! I get the same results with both the the AISO and WASAPI driver in Foobar2000. I have used Fidelizer, but mainly because my network sometimes causes hiccups. I am currently playing without it and have no problems as there is almost no other network activity. I switched off any processing both in the playback tab and in the DSP Manager. Hope these tips are clear enough. If you have any problems, send me the details about which program and settings you work with.

The funny thing is that before I also only heard subtle differences until the Hugo naturalness unlocked itself when all the settings were right. Best thing is to be patient and try to pass an unprocessed signal and let the Hugo do the work.

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #12,223 of 15,694
  I use the usb HD connection and the chord USB drivers for my Win8.1 system. I play mainly with Foobar2000 but get the same quality from Kodi, as long as switch off replay gain in both programs! I get the same results with both the the AISO and WASAPI driver in Foobar2000. I have used Fidelizer, but mainly because my network sometimes causes hiccups. I am currently playing without it and have no problems as there is almost no other network activity. I switched off any processing both in the playback tab and in the DSP Manager. Hope these tips are clear enough. If you have any problems, send me the details about which program and settings you work with.

The funny thing is that before I also only heard subtle differences until the Hugo naturalness unlocked itself when all the settings were right. Best thing is to be patient and try to pass an unprocessed signal and let the Hugo do the work.

I agree ,before it sound simply stunning but after I messed up some settings on the system , it sound very bad and harsh . I will try to put again to 24 bit with 48khz and wait for 2 days, I didn't use any program . Only playing games with my kids, watching youtube . my main system is so different than my sec. The main system is only for music .
Thanks for you help.

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #12,224 of 15,694
I'm using from long time conceroHD converter spdif to the Hugo
It s sound ..different: the head stage is deeper and all voices and instrument are more aligned and it s sound more analog than straight from the Hugo usb
It s less in your face so even the bass become leaner..
But
The sound is more like a concero HD dac then the Hugo
It remind me more to a concero hd , fuller with more Armonic and much more bass than the Hugo with the transporter..
I tried many time (hoping to sell the hd to fund something else :grin:) but at the ends I mostly use the Hugo in this way

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #12,225 of 15,694
  how to use coax cable from pc to hugo , I still find hugo sound very digital with usb .

Nope, you don't want a USB converter/transporter, stick with the USB thru to the Hugo.  Keep it simple, REGEN, REGEN.  Well worth the money to clean up a lot of the noise.  Will make a big difference with the Hugo HD usb.

See Uptone Regen thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back