Chord Hugo
Oct 14, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #12,226 of 15,694
  I use the usb HD connection and the chord USB drivers for my Win8.1 system. I play mainly with Foobar2000 but get the same quality from Kodi, as long as switch off replay gain in both programs! I get the same results with both the the AISO and WASAPI driver in Foobar2000. I have used Fidelizer, but mainly because my network sometimes causes hiccups. I am currently playing without it and have no problems as there is almost no other network activity. I switched off any processing both in the playback tab and in the DSP Manager. Hope these tips are clear enough. If you have any problems, send me the details about which program and settings you work with.

The funny thing is that before I also only heard subtle differences until the Hugo naturalness unlocked itself when all the settings were right. Best thing is to be patient and try to pass an unprocessed signal and let the Hugo do the work

I agree for the most part with this.  There is a lot of optimizing you can do to get a cleaner signal to the HD Chord input.  The Regen is complimentary to any optimizing you do.

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #12,227 of 15,694
Does anyone have brown stains on the metal body of the Chore Hugo. I tried to wipe it off but it doesn't seem to go away?

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #12,228 of 15,694
Does anyone have brown stains on the metal body of the Chore Hugo. I tried to wipe it off but it doesn't seem to go away?

I have the black Hugo and it's indeed difficult to clean! Even the original leather case leaves some marks when you insert/extract the Hugo, and they are not easy to wipe out.
Can you post some pictures of the stains?

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #12,229 of 15,694
I agree for the most part with this.  There is a lot of optimizing you can do to get a cleaner signal to the HD Chord input.  The Regen is complimentary to any optimizing you do.

I went the optical way...

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #12,230 of 15,694

I was interested in using regen with Hugo, but now unsure the effect would be good after reading the thread about regen measurements in whatsbestforum and pinkfishmedia.

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #12,231 of 15,694
anybody using Beyer dt880 600 ohm version with hugo ? or suggest any other flat response monitoring type headphones of high impedence in the similar price range ? ken Rockwell has very high praise for Beyer dt880.

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #12,232 of 15,694
anybody using Beyer dt880 600 ohm version with hugo ? or suggest any other flat response monitoring type headphones of high impedence in the similar price range ? ken Rockwell has very high praise for Beyer dt880.

I do, but i listen to music fairly loud. The Hugo maxed out is just about there for me in terms of volume paired with the dt880/600.
Idsd micro hv much more power for tht can

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #12,233 of 15,694
About optimizing:  I'm using ASIO4all V2.1.2.  The instructions talk about adjusting some parameters for best use with a control panel for the program.  Problem is that I can't seem to find this control panel.  I use FB2K.
Any ideas?

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #12,234 of 15,694
  I was interested in using regen with Hugo, but now unsure the effect would be good after reading the thread about regen measurements in whatsbestforum and pinkfishmedia.

don't worry, the effect is beneficial. using regen with hugo now for several months, definitely an improvement over just usb cable in!! but don't use supplied​ smps got a cheap Chinese lps off ebay

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #12,235 of 15,694
  About optimizing:  I'm using ASIO4all V2.1.2.  The instructions talk about adjusting some parameters for best use with a control panel for the program.  Problem is that I can't seem to find this control panel.  I use FB2K.
Any ideas?

Why would you do that?  It's almost always better to use the manufacturers device driver.  Use the Chord ASIO 1.03 device driver.  When I speak of optimizing, I'm talking about the operating system in general, turning off unnecessary apps etc. that use resources in memory or CPU.  Also power supply plays a very large part, a good LPSU can go along way in optimizing ones computer audio.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #12,236 of 15,694

Any ideas?

Why would you do that?  It's almost always better to use the manufacturers device driver.  Use the Chord ASIO 1.03 device driver.  When I speak of optimizing, I'm talking about the operating system in general, turning off unnecessary apps etc. that use resources in memory or CPU.  Also power supply plays a very large part, a good LPSU can go along way in optimizing ones computer audio.

I didn't see the ASIOHugo1.3  until I installed the A4All.  That's when it showed up under my output choices.  I have to switch manually between driver choices for speaker or HP use.
It would be great if it could be automatic, but it isn't too bad.
Still stuck on XP, limiting my choices.
As a side:  How many taps does the new Mojo supposed to have with the new 7 chip?  Just wondering.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #12,237 of 15,694
Just been reading the Big Sound wrap up by Tyll Hertsens over at InnerFidelity.  Us HD800 users are delighted to see the Sennys make the top of the list of headphones.  Moon 430 HAD tops the list of amps.

My question: what is going on with Tyll and Chord?  There is just no mention of the Chord Hugo anywhere on the site (at least that I can find).  I would love to get his take on it.  Has he fallen out with the Chord company or something -- does anyone know?

Cheers

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #12,238 of 15,694
@gnomen: I realised this too. At the beginning Tyll mentioned to compare Hugo TT with the rest of the bunch and I was interested in getting the respective views. Its a pity that such a strong contender such as Hugo was never mentioned...

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #12,240 of 15,694
  Just been reading the Big Sound wrap up by Tyll Hertsens over at InnerFidelity.  Us HD800 users are delighted to see the Sennys make the top of the list of headphones.  Moon 430 HAD tops the list of amps.

My question: what is going on with Tyll and Chord?  There is just no mention of the Chord Hugo anywhere on the site (at least that I can find).  I would love to get his take on it.  Has he fallen out with the Chord company or something -- does anyone know?

Cheers

You mean the modded the HD800?

He also chose it because of his work not enjoyment 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back