Chord Hugo
Feb 15, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #9,633 of 15,694
My link was prompted by finding this post using a Google search. Never owned an HM901, so I can't comment any further.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/656138/hifiman-hm-901-visit-pg-18-imgs-pg-19-new-beta-fw-1st-page-new-dock-out/3030#post_10983162

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #9,634 of 15,694
  That doesn't look like a line out, it has two rca jacks out. If there is a digital line out then it would go to one output jack probably.

A digital out would only need one RCA, whereas a line out would require either 2xRCA or one stereo jack.

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #9,635 of 15,694
Yeah, what i said…...
cool.gif

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #9,636 of 15,694
  Yeah, what i said…...
cool.gif

...but you said it doesn't look like a line-out, when it most definitely does
wink.gif

Edit: Oh.. Ok I'm used to line-out and digital out being used to represent two separate things - I'm confused by your use of line-out to mean digital out. You may see where I was confused... apologies.

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #9,637 of 15,694
Oh got me, i meant it didn't look like a digital line out. Thats how i corrected it in the second sentence. It is an analog line out, which is not what the poster with the 901 is asking for obviously. He needs a digital line out to connect the 901 to the Hugo. Guess it's context.

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #9,639 of 15,694
  A very quick Google turned up this  - http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=172#

This doesn't actual say digital output just line out.

The title sais: «S/PDIF Input/RCA Line out Cable». So it's an S/PDIF input / RCA line out cable.

Yes, that's the one Maxsimus needs, as I see it: «S/PDIF Input/Output Cable».

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #9,640 of 15,694
Whelp, the USB port on my Chord Hugo came off today, which is quite unfortunate because I use it as a desktop AMP/DAC and not a portable one.

I'm wondering if there is a way to fix it through a local audio dealer, or if you have to send it back to the manufacturer company (although I bought mine from a head-fi member on this site so I'm not sure if the warranty is still valid or not).

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm currently using the HD USB port for now but the fact that I only have 1 USB port is not very assuring.

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #9,641 of 15,694
was Bob Barnard & The Swedish Jazz Kings CD through Hugo. the soundstage was so accurate that could literally measure the distance between the performers. Hugo delivers so much realism, can't think any other dac can do that at this price .

Feb 15, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #9,642 of 15,694
Whelp, the USB port on my Chord Hugo came off today, which is quite unfortunate because I use it as a desktop AMP/DAC and not a portable one.

I'm wondering if there is a way to fix it through a local audio dealer, or if you have to send it back to the manufacturer company (although I bought mine from a head-fi member on this site so I'm not sure if the warranty is still valid or not).

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm currently using the HD USB port for now but the fact that I only have 1 USB port is not very assuring.

What you mean by "came off"? It's soldered on! Is it the newer version with the USB upside-down??

Feb 15, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #9,644 of 15,694

What you mean by "came off"? It's soldered on! Is it the newer version with the USB upside-down??

This is the new chassis Hugo. The bottom base length is longer than the top base of the Micro USB port. When I mean "came off" I literally mean, as I was pulling my USB cable out of the port, it broke off (I didn't use a lot of strength to simply just break it off). Currently using the HD Micro USB port for the time being but I would like to have the other Micro USB port repaired.

Feb 15, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #9,645 of 15,694
You should contact Chord Electronics directly! They give a two year warranty as far as I can remember. Are you based in the UK??
I never liked those Micro USB connectors anyway. They feel flimsy and if you is the HD one it is even more difficult to operate the on/off switch….
That was one of the reasons for me to use an USB/SPDIF converter with the HUGO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back