Chord Hugo
Oct 26, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #12,346 of 15,694
  quick question,
for those using Hugo with iPhone or other apple products,what LOD do you use? where could I get one?

I use the camera connection kit (cck) from Apple and attach that to a moon audio USB (sd_usb-1 ft -USB A to USB Micro B).  Apparently, there may be Asian 3rd party LOD's which plug directly from iPhone to Hugo, but I haven't really pursued that search (maybe someone who has tried one can give opinion).

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #12,347 of 15,694

quick question,
for those using Hugo with iPhone or other apple products,what LOD do you use? where could I get one?

I use the camera connection kit (cck) from Apple and attach that to a moon audio USB (sd_usb-1 ft -USB A to USB Micro B).  Apparently, there may be Asian 3rd party LOD's which plug directly from iPhone to Hugo, but I haven't really pursued that search (maybe someone who has tried one can give opinion).

Yes, Fiio's L19 cable might soon be an option, but apparently it is still pending MFI certification (and Apple might not like it partially 'circumventing' their own intentions - it remains to be seen...)

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/2325#post_12024288

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #12,349 of 15,694
Chord Hugo/Mojo battery life and replacement

Hi all, I am asking this question on all 3 Chord threads because all 3 devices have batteries in them.  Does anyone know what the battery life and replacement costs are for the batteries in the Hugo, the TT and the Mojo?  

Elsewhere -- in phones, cameras, laptops, etc., these sorts of batteries are rated at a service life of about 5 years, regardless of usage.  Five years may seem like a long time when you first make your purchase, but for quality hi-fi equipment it is probably only a half or a third of what you might want to get out of it.  What happens when the service life is completed?

Thanks for any replies and apologies if this question was already answered thousands of posts earlier!

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #12,351 of 15,694
  Chord Hugo/Mojo battery life and replacement

Hi all, I am asking this question on all 3 Chord threads because all 3 devices have batteries in them.  Does anyone know what the battery life and replacement costs are for the batteries in the Hugo, the TT and the Mojo?  

Elsewhere -- in phones, cameras, laptops, etc., these sorts of batteries are rated at a service life of about 5 years, regardless of usage.  Five years may seem like a long time when you first make your purchase, but for quality hi-fi equipment it is probably only a half or a third of what you might want to get out of it.  What happens when the service life is completed?

Thanks for any replies and apologies if this question was already answered thousands of posts earlier!

It would depends on the usage of the batteries and operating temperature. 18650 rated to be at their 80% > 300 cycles and about 70% at their >700 cycles. I would say they are great. 

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #12,352 of 15,694
Wondered if anyone has had this happen?  I was listening to music, the song changed and suddenly music was screechy and full of interference,  it was a 44/16 track but the blue light (192/24) light was showing on Hugo.  I immediately turned Hugo off and back on, and everything went back to normal. Replayed same track and all was good.  Any ideas what the heck happened there?  Thanks!

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #12,353 of 15,694
  Wondered if anyone has had this happen?  I was listening to music, the song changed and suddenly music was screechy and full of interference,  it was a 44/16 track but the blue light (192/24) light was showing on Hugo.  I immediately turned Hugo off and back on, and everything went back to normal. Replayed same track and all was good.  Any ideas what the heck happened there?  Thanks!

It would help if you explain what set-up you are using;  Mac or PC etc. what Software ....

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #12,354 of 15,694

It would help if you explain what set-up you are using;  Mac or PC etc. what Software ....

Strictly portable, Sony ZX1 with Android software, using Sony self charging cradle with digital out to Hugo.  Hugo running on battery.

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #12,356 of 15,694
  My ZX1 did that with Hugo sometimes if I turned the player on before the DAC. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the input.  Didn't think it was a big deal, it was just strange that it had been playing fine right up to that track change.

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #12,358 of 15,694
I use shure srh 940 with Hugo. the shure headphone is 64ohm. I want to increase the impedence of headphone to around 600ohm. any adapter for increasing the impedence ?

Why would you want to do that? It is easy (add a resistor), but it will generate a lot of heat (~88%) and does not increase SQ. The Hugo can deal with almost all impedances. The transparency will not be better and the volume control is fine grained enough, at least for me. I do not know any commercial adapters, but have not googled them either.

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #12,359 of 15,694
@TabCam, I have experienced that with Hugo shure srh940 barely goes beyond light green volume level. though Hugo has very good digital volume control but I want to go in upper volume range of Hugo as I think Hugo reaches its full potential at around 1.5v range and above though differences may be minor. I don't want to buy 600ohm headphone right now.

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #12,360 of 15,694
today is a great day, Amazon Prime is my new best mate... Van Morrison's Astral Weeks (remastered) arrived today (released today
eek.gif
)... the sound quality is exquisitely georgous...
tongue_smile.gif

right I'm off for a third listen with my ole pal Hugo...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back