Chord Hugo
Oct 20, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #12,302 of 15,694
It's a long time since I used a Hugo, but could temperature (of the circuitboard or battery) perhaps have some bearing on the unusual light signals?

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #12,303 of 15,694
any experience of batteries being defective ? I think if batteries have gone and charging despite the charger supplying the power, it should be the case of leds blinking ? any help would be very much appreciated as I have Hugo as the main source. any idea of the repair expenses in india as Hugo is now beyond 1 year warranty period .

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #12,306 of 15,694
  I have the Yiggy/Rag combo and i have a Hugo.....the difference is the power of the combo but the Dac's are both fantastic.....to be able to travel with a product as outstanding as the Hugo is a pleasure....the combo is better but the Hugo is 90% of what is top shelf sound.....highly recommended to anyone especially now that you can by a Hugo cheap given the introduction of the Mojo.....

That's good to know. An it's not just portability. My Hugo sits unobtrusively on my desk permanently and who can deal with a set of 17-inch wide boxes there?

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #12,308 of 15,694
any experience of batteries being defective ? I think if batteries have gone and charging despite the charger supplying the power, it should be the case of leds blinking ? any help would be very much appreciated as I have Hugo as the main source. any idea of the repair expenses in india as Hugo is now beyond 1 year warranty period .

Yeah, it could be a defective battery is not taking the charge from the charger cable, which is why the red light is blinking when connected to the charger cord, but having the other light blinking is concerning.  My totally non professional guess might be a circuit board, in which case you would definitely need to communicate with Chord direct.

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #12,310 of 15,694
thanks ! battery led and source selection led and volume control light is also blinking !

Till you get in touch with Chord, don't leave the thing on in case of overheating or potential fire danger.

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #12,311 of 15,694
thanks ! battery led and source selection led and volume control light is also blinking !

rk31... I would recommend that you contact your Dealer where you purchased your Hugo in the first instance... if you encounter any problems pm me, hth...
normal_smile .gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #12,312 of 15,694
thanks a lot OK-Guy for the help. It is suspected that one of the battery of Hugo has gone defective. I read that Hugo has two enix 18650 type li ion batteries. are these replaceable ? are these soldered or simply held by springs ? enix brand not available in India, can Panasonic or Samsung be used ? I will require flat top or button type ? any help is very much appreciated as Hugo was a big big investment for me and it certainly is much much better than other DACs in the price range !

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #12,313 of 15,694
thanks a lot OK-Guy for the help. It is suspected that one of the battery of Hugo has gone defective. I read that Hugo has two enix 18650 type li ion batteries. are these replaceable ? are these soldered or simply held by springs ? enix brand not available in India, can Panasonic or Samsung be used ? I will require flat top or button type ? any help is very much appreciated as Hugo was a big big investment for me and it certainly is much much better than other DACs in the price range !

Not sure if you change the battery by yourself would void the warranty.

But to answer your question, The enix batteries used samsung 18650 cells and they are wired solder to the board. If you are not sending the unit back to change the batteries and decided to do yourself, you could look for panasonic 18650 batteries with solder tabs, then salvage the battery protection circuit from the original batteries.

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #12,314 of 15,694

RTK31... I can understand your concerns but please 'do not' attempt to do anything to your Hugo yourself, you will invalidate the Warranty that protects your investment in the Hugo... pm me how/where you purchased your Hugo and I will assist you to a successful conclusion.

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #12,315 of 15,694
As someone who just purchased their Hugo a few weeks ago (albeit used), the appearance of the Mojo is a litlte disheartening. I'm glad more people get to appreciate the sound, but the Hugo itself was a huge outlay for me, and the idea that I could have saved significantly by waiting for a couple weeks is a little depressing. Still, I realize that's part of the game. 

Don't feel dispirited. Remember that the reasons that you bought the Hugo in the first place haven't changed , ie its sheer musicality and the delight you get when you play music through it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back