Chord Hugo
Aug 29, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #11,776 of 15,694
Absolutely. The reason it was done was I needed a calibrated output, so I could do initial listening tests against earlier DAC's which were always set to exactly 3v RMS with 0 dBFS. So what started as an initial feature just for my prototype listening became something we kept as it was useful when in DAC mode and for test.

Rob 

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #11,777 of 15,694
I can't comment about purchases from Taobao since I have never bought from them. However, I asked my friend to help me order a Chord Hugo from Yahoo Japan Auctions. I remembered buying it for $1577 shipped (within Japan).

Aug 30, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #11,778 of 15,694
A perfect remote for Hugo...

http://www.audiocubics.com/

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #11,779 of 15,694
Aug 30, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #11,780 of 15,694
Remote for HUGO ?? What for ?

I find myslf using my hugo connected to my focal studio setup, this system without remote is a headache.
Im looking for some good quality remote control solution for it. 1,2 in and 1 out.
With remote... I cant get it, but there is almost no solution for this problem...

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #11,781 of 15,694
I find myslf using my hugo connected to my focal studio setup, this system without remote is a headache.
Im looking for some good quality remote control solution for it. 1,2 in and 1 out.
With remote... I cant get it, but there is almost no solution for this problem...

The best solution for you would be the Hugo TT.

Above remote control works in the analogue domain and adds electronics components to the signal path. I'm not sure if Rob Watts would give the green light for this compromise.
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #11,782 of 15,694
The Hugo was built as a portable device but a victim of its own success and versatility. People using the Hugo primarily or exclusively as a home source would do well to consider trading up to the TT. The Hugo does not seem to be as heavily depreciated on the second hand market as other audio toys.

Or just get up from the chair and consider it exercise :wink:

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #11,783 of 15,694

The best solution for you would be the Hugo TT.

Above remote control works in the analogue domain and adds electronics components to the signal path. I'm not sure if Rob Watts would give the green light for this compromise.
wink.gif

Oh... The Hugo sound quality for 100% suits my needs. Even more than that :) So to want more, is a sin.
And to get a TT just for getting the remote feature,,, is overkill...

This cube looks like ultimate zero loss , super transparent solution...

At least the specs are awesome.

Maybe somebody got it ? Maybe there is cheaper solution ?

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #11,784 of 15,694
Had a great time at London Canjam this weekend, unfortunately I could only do the Saturday so was crying on the Sunday. Just a few quick pics of the Chord stand just as the day was about to start. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #11,785 of 15,694

Oh... The Hugo sound quality for 100% suits my needs. Even more than that :) So to want more, is a sin.
And to get a TT just for getting the remote feature,,, is overkill...

a tad obtuse imho, there's a lot more than a 'remote-control' upgrade to the Hugo-TT.

btw... I thought that cube thingy was a bit reminiscent of a Borg-Spaceship or my Sony Walkman dock... it's obviously apparent my mind plays tricks at times hence why I have a Rubic to keep brain-fit, cubes huh...
wink_face.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #11,786 of 15,694

a tad obtuse imho, there's a lot more than a 'remote-control' upgrade to the Hugo-TT.

btw... I thought that cube thingy was a bit reminiscent of a Borg-Spaceship or my Sony Walkman dock... it's obviously apparent my mind plays tricks at times hence why I have a Rubic to keep brain-fit, cubes huh...
wink_face.gif

Speaking of which, is it my imagination or does the Walkman BCR dock offer slightly more detail with the Hugo than the WMC NWH10 LOD, in your opinion?  Seems that way to me!

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #11,787 of 15,694

Not more with my Focal CMS/sub (and Yamaha hs8/sub) and not more with any of my headphones...
for me they (TT/Hugo) will be the same with very little (if any) differences.
Hugo gives me the gentle sound, extra nice mids and tight bass...
I don't need better sound then Hugo gives.

I need a remote control!

:)

Some people will pay thousands to get a little bit better then Hugo...
I will pay nothing. I'm satisfied.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #11,788 of 15,694
You could try making a mechanical, motor-driven remote control. Sort of a slowly rotating rubber cylinder pressed against the Hugo's volume wheel. That would be better than analogue electronics if you want the Hugo's sound to remain unaltered.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #11,789 of 15,694
Its very hard to alter the Hugo sound, its signature very strong and energetic.
  You could try making a mechanical, motor-driven remote control. Sort of a slowly rotating rubber cylinder pressed against the Hugo's volume wheel. That would be better than analogue electronics if you want the Hugo's sound to remain unaltered.

:) Thank you!

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #11,790 of 15,694

Speaking of which, is it my imagination or does the Walkman BCR dock offer slightly more detail with the Hugo than the WMC NWH10 LOD, in your opinion?  Seems that way to me!

unfortunately I've never tried both side-by-side so to speak as I gave my WMC-cable away when I bought the Dock/ZX2, I was never happy with the bulk-end of the cable when connecting my old ZX1>Hugo... what I do know is that Sony-Dock provides a better source than my pc to the Hugo which I personally consider to be a big benefit, hth...
normal_smile .gif

Quote:

I need a remote control!

finger aerobics is the only way to go with the Hugo... later in life you will be thankful to Chord for being rheumatism free, finger wise...
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Virgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some people will pay thousands to get a little bit better then Hugo...
I will pay nothing. I'm satisfied.

happy eared Customers is what it's all about at the end of the day...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back