Chord Hugo
Sep 22, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #8,311 of 15,694

Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone had encountered similar problems with the chassis of the hugo. My hd input metal housing went loose and came off rendering the hd input totally unusable (top most pic). Also the cover of the sampling rate indicator came out (Bottom photo). Mine was an overseas order from customs cable UK shipped to Singapore. Only 4 months of use
frown.gif
. Anyone here has experience with such warranty issues? Could you kindly pm me pls, would really appreciate it as I'm anxious over this issue.

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #8,313 of 15,694

Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone had encountered similar problems with the chassis of the hugo. My hd input metal housing went loose and came off rendering the hd input totally unusable (top most pic). Also the cover of the sampling rate indicator came out (Bottom photo). Mine was an overseas order from customs cable UK shipped to Singapore. Only 4 months of use
frown.gif
. Anyone here has experience with such warranty issues? Could you kindly pm me pls, would really appreciate it as I'm anxious over this issue.

send your Hugo back to Chord Electronics directly and things will be rectified under warranty, clearly state your problem and send via Courier(FedEx) or Recorded-Delivery, on the Customs-Form state that 'item is being returned for repair' with 'no value', address link below and don't forget to put 'United Kingdom', hth

http://chordelectronics.co.uk/contact.asp

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #8,314 of 15,694
Hi,
Just purchased Hugo from the National Audio Show on Saturday. Really impressed with the sound quality via laptop. However, I have a Samsung S4 and have been advised that it doesn't accept OTG cable for Dacs. Is this correct? Also have a HM-901. How can I use this as transport for Hugo. By the way, this is my first ever post but have been following many threads since buying a filo x3 when it first came out.
Thanks for your help
Steve

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #8,315 of 15,694
Hi,
Just purchased Hugo from the National Audio Show on Saturday. Really impressed with the sound quality via laptop. However, I have a Samsung S4 and have been advised that it doesn't accept OTG cable for Dacs. Is this correct? Also have a HM-901. How can I use this as transport for Hugo. By the way, this is my first ever post but have been following many threads since buying a filo x3 when it first came out.
Thanks for your help
Steve

Hi Steve

I do not have S4. For HM-901, you can use this cable http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=170
The RCA connector fits.

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #8,317 of 15,694
Hey Steve
I am suprised that you have been informed by others that S4 cannot do USB OTG to external DAC...

You may check out this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/667838/samsung-galaxy-s4-compatible-portable-dac-amps

And download USB Audio Player Pro trial from play store to try...should support bit perfect highres

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #8,318 of 15,694

send your Hugo back to Chord Electronics directly and things will be rectified under warranty, clearly state your problem and send via Courier(FedEx) or Recorded-Delivery, on the Customs-Form state that 'item is being returned for repair' with 'no value', address link below and don't forget to put 'United Kingdom', hth

Thanks Paul for the information =) I have just checked with fedex and I asked them what i should take note of for shipping of defective electronic products to UK.

The fedex guy mentioned that I needed an import license or custom license of some sort even if I'm shipping it for repair and he mentioned that it applies to all electronic items that are being shipped to UK. Without this license, it will be stuck at UK customs. Can anyone kindly advice me on this?

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #8,319 of 15,694
The first Diy Moder of Chord Hugo come from Taiwan(Country on Earth).

I only know expect removing battery , EMS ,DHL ,UPS or other company in Taiwan can't send the thing include the Li battery.

Orz
frown.gif

So I mod my hugo using silver wire to solder on USB socket like this.

Singopore get Taiwan aid at 1975~1985 after leaving Malaysia.

The first Diy Moder of Chord Hugo come from Taiwan(Country on Earth).

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #8,321 of 15,694
Hi,
Thanks for your help
Steve

I'm using my Hugo with Samsung S3. I would imagine no problem with S4.
I use the OTG cable provided with Hugo and use USB Audio Player Pro app from Android Playstore.
Give it a try.

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #8,324 of 15,694

I wouldn't :) He bought from Custom Cable and they already replied that they would help him. Custom Cable take their business very seriously and seem to understand that in the internet age all customers are local customers.

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #8,325 of 15,694
I really like your poignant comment that "In the internet age all customers are local customers" as this is very true and should be acknowledged by all online retailers selling worldwide. 

Quote:

I wouldn't :) He bought from Custom Cable and they already replied that they would help him. Custom Cable take their business very seriously and seem to understand that in the internet age all customers are local customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back