Chord Hugo
Aug 5, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #7,201 of 15,694

Are there any leaked photos available of the case yet?!
biggrin.gif
  or order of magnitude of price that you know of OK-Guy?

John's on route to Hong-Kong for the event there so I'll doubt if I'll get any answers till next week sometime... I will ask for a photo & see if he will hint at a price but I won't ask till he's back.

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #7,202 of 15,694
my hugo did something odd last night. i was at the gym running and it just stop playing music , but the lights were still on.
i could not get it to play untill i charged it when the hugo battery dies does the lights go out ? that is what happened when i cycled it a few times when new . this time all the lights were lite up as if it was playing even the format lights were glowing .
al

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #7,203 of 15,694

John's on route to Hong-Kong for the event there so I'll doubt if I'll get any answers till next week sometime... I will ask for a photo & see if he will hint at a price but I won't ask till he's back.

Sounds fair enough, thanks
smile.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #7,204 of 15,694
Aug 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #7,205 of 15,694
  Thanks for the reply.I'm pretty sure they would be too bright for me too.

Oddly enough, as somebody that often finds the Hugo bright, I'm surprised that the IE800's work well for me paired with the Hugo!  I get a great fit with the stock tips and get great bass and sparkling highs that don't sound harsh or bright to me.

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #7,206 of 15,694
i tried it and found it made this worse for me , i also tried a offramp 5 . but if you can borough one why not try. feeding it from my caps units made a notable improvement
but with the ap 1/pp it made it too bright and took the shine off the muisc . but this is me and currawang felt it helped so its worth a try.

I have experienced the opposite  - After I bought an Audiophilleo 2  - the the sound improved for me. Now I can't go back to HD USB anymore... As I am an APPLE user the Player Software made an even bigger difference.
According to Rob Watts the Jitter is being dealt with ... Perhaps it is just the RF Noise the AP reduces ... just a guess

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #7,207 of 15,694
Hi everyone,

I went down to my local dealer today to give the Chord Hugo a whirl and realised that the jack on my TG334 (I replaced the cables) would not fit with the recessed 3.5mm jack on the Chord Hugo. However, the one I tested was the one with the old chassis. The dealer was sure that the new chassis came with slightly larger ports and hence I'd be able to fit my 334s into it. Can anyone weigh in and help me determine if the size of the ports for the 3.5mm jack are indeed larger than the ones on the old chassis?

Thanks,
Luminarae.

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #7,208 of 15,694
I have the newest type and you will need a 1/4 to mini adaptor.
Install it in the large headphone jack it's what i do and it's fine.
They sell them at radio shack and many other palaces as well
Al

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #7,209 of 15,694
Ah, I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that. As far as I understand, the adapters will affect the sound quality and it just seems silly to me that the weakest link in a setup that costs thousands is a little adapter is that costs a few dollars. 

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #7,210 of 15,694
Don't fret the sound is the same to many people grip about these things and they upset the rest.
I too was upset as it did not fit but the spin is fine
Just buy it and enjoy it.
Al

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #7,211 of 15,694
Oddly enough, as somebody that often finds the Hugo bright, I'm surprised that the IE800's work well for me paired with the Hugo!  I get a great fit with the stock tips and get great bass and sparkling highs that don't sound harsh or bright to me.
Agreed... The combination is great (less treble sparkle than with the Denon D5000 on the Hugo if that makes a difference, so - seems almost perfectly tuned!)

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #7,212 of 15,694

I hadn't read about your new role when I asked about this btw 
rolleyes.gif
you just seem to be in the know on these things.

Congrats on the role too though
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #7,213 of 15,694
Has anyone tried the Wireworld SuperNova 7 optical cable with the Hugo? Does the cable able to fit into the Hugo's optical input? :)

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #7,214 of 15,694
Do not Waite your money I am sure it will for but not worth as the cables it comes with oaky fine up to DSD 128 fine.
If you wish to own one that's fine
But if you feel it's going to be better
Save your money.
Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back