Chord Hugo
May 7, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #2,731 of 15,694
An interesting video sent to me from a friend. In the interview the pianist (Krystian Zimerman) talked about problem with audio recording/ reproduction where in the process of capturing perfect detail sound the music flow is lost. He made a very funny (but spot on) comment at the end of the first video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6PpDQ6miBg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GznevkSGktA

May 7, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #2,733 of 15,694
I also would upgrade to the Hugo first:you may think twice about and i.e.m. or full size can upgrade right away.Hugo has a way of making you forget about equipment and just enjoy the EMOTION of the music again. Hugo just gives your headphones detail and musicality they never had before.

May 8, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #2,735 of 15,694
I am mobile guy. I have lived in China, Micronesia, California, Arizona, and now Alaska all within the past 7 years. Along with over 3000 tubes, my test equipment, 9 very nice tube testers that are all calibrated and working, parts and etc. etc. I miss he stuff but this is what I am doing now. 

So the Hugo, my DX90 and other great musical items, will go with me on my travels, and still I have too much "stuff". :^)  Glad that everything has gotten more portable and listenable in the last few years. 
Busy guy and yes it's great with the Hugo as you have top quality sound wherever you go.I use to live in Singapore and use to go to a private school, the school bus picked me up every morning and remember using my brothers walk man to listen to,can't remember the make but thought it was amazing and that was in 1982,how things have changed this year with the Hugo

May 8, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #2,736 of 15,694
It's interesting how when we were younger and working singles, we'd buy all these mid to hi end speaker systems and dream of the day we can fully maximise them in our own place in the living room and then the wife factor comes in and we seem to have more fun with speaker systems back then! I can be in my living room now with an open back headphones and the missus is still screaming that she can hear the music. Hugo with LCD-xc is a dream born in reality for guys like us.

May 8, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #2,740 of 15,694
Phil do you know of a docking station for my i phone 5 s with lightning audio out so I can keep the phone charged but link it to my Hugo through the audio out,it's doing my head in the having to charge the phone up all the time

May 8, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #2,741 of 15,694
Phil do you know of a docking station for my i phone 5 s with lightning audio out so I can keep the phone charged but link it to my Hugo through the audio out,it's doing my head in the having to charge the phone up all the time

This sir

http://www.arcam.co.uk/products,ipod-docks,iPod-Docks,rdockuni.htm

May 8, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #2,742 of 15,694
Exactly that! TBH we sell very few Hugo's that are going to be put into a system and the customer use large RCA plugs. If it's sole use is as a USB/Headphone amplifier then the original chassis is perfect.

so plugging my vertere cable into the back of the Arcam dock will connect to my Hugo and I can get hi def music up sampling etc as I would with the camera lightning cable direct from the iPhone to the vertere cable then to the Hugo?

May 8, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #2,743 of 15,694
Have I got this right,less analogue components after the Hugo means better sound quality so using the volume of the Hugo as the preamp and connecting directly to a power amplifier will sound better than switching the Hugo with the cross feed to switch the volume to maximum and connecting to pre amp and then to a power amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back