Chord Hugo
Apr 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #2,536 of 15,694
I spoke with Matt at Chord they've say they have 500 pieces of a short straight gold plated solid brass RCA extender being made for them. These will be available on request to those customers that have sent in their Guarantee cards. These parts will come along with a complete set of micro USB cables too. Matt says that Hugo has only one screening ground and that is the chassis so there are no problems with these touching each other or the chassis.

Anyone can get this? whether they have the new or old chassis regardless or just for the ones with the old chassis? 

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #2,537 of 15,694
Hi, you are not misunderstanding my post. I drove my 805 directly with Hugo. The digital input was my Linn Akurate DS/K and as I explained in the previous post, I attached speaker cables to RCA plugs and then plugged them to Hugo's RCA outputs. It worked very well. 
805 was very loud when the volume was in ultra-violet color. I found that volume level at blue color was loud enough for most of the albums I had.
For some of the albums, I had to turn my Hugo's volume to ultra-violet level... but never the white color level. Please kindly try yourself as well as it is pretty easy to try.
From the sound quality perspective, Hugo drove my 805 Diamond very well. Hugo was superior in details, sound stage preciseness and had no harsh in the trebles. I found that my reference digital amplifier TA-DR1 sounded no better in those areas. TA-DR1 was more powerful in the bass and more live but I guess there was not much difference in the level of sound quality. They are just different in the sound characters. Considering that my TA-DR1 used to be SONY's [COLOR=545454]flagship model [/COLOR]... Hugo's sound quality was very impressive.

Wow. That means you didn't even send through headphone amplification although with Hugo's design, I'm not sure how big a difference that means. Basically you are saying line level or close to it could drive the speakers. Have you tried just plugging in the linn directly to speakers as well as it should be similar given that both sending around line level.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am trying this on mine, but maybe I will. I still don't see how it would work even close to well or loud. Those speakers are 50w at 8ohms minimum recommended. Don't see how the 1w at 8ohms could be enough as speakers would try to draw a ton more which would cause clipping etc even if you could hear anything beyond a whisper. And the tiny battery would drain fast assuming it could pull out what it wanted.

Hew did you attach speaker plugs into rca jack? Did you rewire speak cables or use some adapter. Could you link the adapter or give us picture of rewire. Might try if just using adapter.

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #2,538 of 15,694
I spoke with Matt at Chord they've say they have 500 pieces of a short straight gold plated solid brass RCA extender being made for them. These will be available on request to those customers that have sent in their Guarantee cards. These parts will come along with a complete set of micro USB cables too. Matt says that Hugo has only one screening ground and that is the chassis so there are no problems with these touching each other or the chassis.

Awesome news. I'll send my card in ASAP. Did he say when this might happen? Also whether or not connectors are straight or 90 degree

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #2,541 of 15,694
Apr 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #2,542 of 15,694
anyone compared  AK240>Optical>HUGO  to     Sony ZX1>USB>HUGO ?  which offer best SQ ? Those are my 2 options to replace my AK100 as a source for the HUGO.  

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #2,543 of 15,694
Wow. That means you didn't even send through headphone amplification although with Hugo's design, I'm not sure how big a difference that means. Basically you are saying line level or close to it could drive the speakers. Have you tried just plugging in the linn directly to speakers as well as it should be similar given that both sending around line level.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am trying this on mine, but maybe I will. I still don't see how it would work even close to well or loud. Those speakers are 50w at 8ohms minimum recommended. Don't see how the 1w at 8ohms could be enough as speakers would try to draw a ton more which would cause clipping etc even if you could hear anything beyond a whisper. And the tiny battery would drain fast assuming it could pull out what it wanted.

Hew did you attach speaker plugs into rca jack? Did you rewire speak cables or use some adapter. Could you link the adapter or give us picture of rewire. Might try if just using adapter.

I was also surprised to see my speakers sounded loud with only 1w limitation. Also, I kept listening to the music for more than 1 hour but the battery didn't go out may be because it was connected to the AC power supply.
Also, OK, please take a look at my pictures. I used a RCA plug that looks like WBT. It does not require solders to joint cables as it has screws. Very handy to use. 

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #2,544 of 15,694
Thanks, I will pass this on to John Franks. 

Again,,,,super impressive customer focus Chord is displaying. If I build another system it is going to be 100 percent Chord.

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #2,545 of 15,694
Again,,,,super impressive customer focus Chord is displaying. If I build another system it is going to be 100 percent Chord.

But....Chord doesn't make headphones or speakers, so that wouldn't be possible
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #2,547 of 15,694
I was also surprised to see my speakers sounded loud with only 1w limitation. Also, I kept listening to the music for more than 1 hour but the battery didn't go out may be because it was connected to the AC power supply.
Also, OK, please take a look at my pictures. I used a RCA plug that looks like WBT. It does not require solders to joint cables as it has screws. Very handy to use. 

Interesting. What connector is that? Do you have link?

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #2,549 of 15,694
The 'Chord-Noble Tour' rolls into London this weekend (1st-5th May)…

you will be able to demo the amazing Noble K10’s along with 8C & N6 with the sensational Chord Hugo.

the Event is being hosted by Farrukh (SCSAV) and was arranged by Chord… refreshments and a warm & friendly welcome awaits… you can either just turn-up or arrange a time by emailing them, you can take your own source/music to listen to via the Hugo, details below:-

Swiss Cottage Sound & Vision
21 Northways Parade
Finchley Road
SWISS COTTAGE
London
NW3 5EN

Email: info@SCSAV.co.uk

Thursday-Saturday 10am-6pm
Sunday 12pm-4pm
Monday 10am-6pm

Tube Station: Swiss Cottage (Jubilee Line)

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #2,550 of 15,694
Got a love / hate relationship with my HD800's.. more love after I got the Moon Audio Black Dragon v2 cables for them, and even more love now after I have connected them to Hugo.. I can't say that I miss my Linn DS/Dynamic to my AURALiC Taurus much.. not at all actually.. haven't turned any of them on after I got the Hugo. Now just enjoying music while working.. ohh.. working.. yes.. back to work! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back