Chord Hugo
Apr 18, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #2,058 of 15,694
Your like old women in ere,it's the best that's it so buy it. and enjoy or do one

Apr 18, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #2,060 of 15,694
I see it like sex,if your talking about it your not getting it,half the ppl in ere Go on about the Hugo but don't own it

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #2,061 of 15,694
Hugo rules,so deal with it

Best portable device end of so buy it or shut up

Your like old women in ere,it's the best that's it so buy it. and enjoy or do one

If you been to the moon someone been the twice

I see it like sex,if your talking about it your not getting it,half the ppl in ere Go on about the Hugo but don't own it

Smoking? Drinking? Or both? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #2,062 of 15,694
Isn't it wonderful that so much passion is being spilled about a product that has so much passion designed into it.

have to agree Weisse... you can read Rob's passion here, I had occasion to visit Chord's offices earlier this week to drop something off, a worthwhile experience indeedy. The Staff are ultra friendly and very knowledgeable, they answered my layman's questions with dignity and after chewing the cud on the phone with young Damien, it was great to finally meet him... John Franks said hi just as I was going to stuff a 'Red-Reference CD-Player' under my sweater which was a downer the upper being talking the great man himself, a true gent for sure.

you understand the passion for music when you walk into Chord... not long till I'll be married to my own Hugo, that sounds so gay.

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #2,063 of 15,694

have to agree Weisse... you can read Rob's passion here, I had occasion to visit Chord's offices earlier this week to drop something off, a worthwhile experience indeedy. The Staff are ultra friendly and very knowledgeable, they answered my layman's questions with dignity and after chewing the cud on the phone with young Damien, it was great to finally meet him... John Franks said hi just as I was going to stuff a 'Red-Reference CD-Player' under my sweater which was a downer the upper being talking the great man himself, a true gent for sure.

you understand the passion for music when you walk into Chord... not long till I'll be married to my own Hugo, that sounds so gay.

Gay, not gay, as long as you are happy. :^)

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #2,065 of 15,694
  Hi,

I am a poor college student and viewing this thread for long. I was using Westone W4 for the last 2 years and very satisfied until I step into this forum this year. I managed to sell my W4 and got a pair of used AKG K3003 recently but they feel a little bit uncomfortable for my tiny ear canals. So I just pulled the trigger on HD800 today and plan to get the Hugo to pair with them in the summer, without starving to death. But I start to regret after spending almost £1000 in the morning. I don't even know why when I clicked the button:frowning2:  Probably I should keep K3003 and cancel the HD800 if they sound similar. (I definitely can only keep one of them) So that way I can afford Hugo easier. 

Please allow me to ask the silly question. What do you think about Hugo + K3003 vs Hugo + HD800? If I'm not considering portability or isolation etc. Would HD800 with Hugo sound much better than K3003? By the way, I mainly listen to rock from classic rock to heavy metal and anything in-between. I'm a big Pink Floyld fan. 
Thanks

It seems no one would like to help on this stupid question. Probably it's too silly to ask
redface.gif
. I would really appreciate if someone who has both K3003 and HD800 with Hugo could give some impressions and suggestions. Thanks.

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #2,066 of 15,694

It seems no one would like to help on this stupid question. Probably it's too silly to ask
redface.gif
. I would really appreciate if someone who has both K3003 and HD800 with Hugo could give some impressions and suggestions. Thanks.

I think K3003 will be much more portable and college friendly. HD800 is not going to be something you can take with you to college for your study sesssions at university library. 

Having said that they are both too different. With the output impedance of 0.075 ohm of HUGO you shouldnt worry about HUGO not been a suitable match for HUGO. Having said that if you can sell your K3003 for a decent price HD800 is a much better value for ones money. 

So at the end it comes down to you. 

NOTE: I do not own either one but have had a chance to try them and I have been interested in getting a K3003 for my own personal collection for a while.
NOTE 2: I did not try either one of them with HUGO.

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #2,067 of 15,694

redface.gif

Not silly whatsoever. Ok, so the 3003 is, what I consider to be the HD800 in portable form. If you like the presentation and sound signature of the 3003, you will almost certainly like the HD800.

The Hugo will not have any problems driving the HD800 with straight output power. I don't know what kind of voltages the Hugo swings, but it sounds fine. At some point down the line you may want to look at am amp with more power to get the most from the HD800. The HD800 will take the transparency and detail up a good amount, and the soundstage size will blow you away. 

I think the 3003 is fantastic with the Hugo, I was afraid it would be a bright combo, and it's not. HD800/3003 are similar, as far as an IEM and full-blast open headphone can be similar. But the HD800 is the older, much more capable, accelerated 3003. I think you'll quite like the HD800. What are your sonic preferences? This combo will be very clean sounding, big, detailed, transparent. It won't be warm and cozy, but will be engaging and enveloping. 

Edit: This is all assuming that the convenience of portability is a non-factor. You will not want to leave the house with the HD800, and they leak an amazing amount of sound as well. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #2,068 of 15,694
BTW have you also check out all the options like Fostex TH900, Audeze, Hifiman etc? After all you are into heavy metal and bass heavy music. Maybe take your Hugo to shop and try out all the options before deciding? One person's enough bass might not be enough for another. There are probably some nice shops that have most if not all those phones.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #2,069 of 15,694
  BTW have you also check out all the options like Fostex TH900, Audeze, Hifiman etc? After all you are into heavy metal and bass heavy music. Maybe take your Hugo to shop and try out all the options before deciding? One person's enough bass might not be enough for another. There are probably some nice shops that have most if not all those phones.

100% agreed. And the TH900 is my favorite dynamic. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #2,070 of 15,694
I still got to make up my mind on TH900 and HUGO combo. It sounds is nice but there is nothing there that capture ones attention right away that is normally a good thing as there is nothing really out of balance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back