Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Apr 2, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #1,801 of 1,858
Hey Rob, Hey Anyone...

Am I the only one to experience this??? The Sampling Rate Window went under literally...
blink.gif

Do I have to crack open the Hugo to fix??? Holla if there's an easier solution...

P.S. Medasi for the reply OverKill Red...

Peace...
L3000.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #1,802 of 1,858
Just thought I would mention I just placed my mint black Hugo in the source classifieds ...

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #1,803 of 1,858
Long time thread lurker here who just had the HD USB break off my Hugo. Not impressed considering how careful I am with it. Soon after breaking, the device began operating strangely (getting no sound from SD USB port) and the volume indicator didn't provide all levelled colours. After a few resets now I get nothing when I turn the power on. The only indication it's on is the small white Auth LED. Argh!!

I bought it used but it was originally purchased in July 2014 from an authorized dealer in British Columbia. Can I get warranty service? Anyone know why it's not turning on?

Any info much appreciated. Thanks.

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #1,804 of 1,858
Long time thread lurker here who just had the HD USB break off my Hugo. Not impressed considering how careful I am with it. Soon after breaking, the device began operating strangely (getting no sound from SD USB port) and the volume indicator didn't provide all levelled colours. After a few resets now I get nothing when I turn the power on. The only indication it's on is the small white Auth LED. Argh!!

I bought it used but it was originally purchased in July 2014 from an authorized dealer in British Columbia. Can I get warranty service? Anyone know why it's not turning on?

Any info much appreciated. Thanks.

your best bet is try contacting chord about this matter, all chord hugo is covered by a 2 year warranty. i am not 100% sure about a second owners claim. you may want the original owner to address this issue since they are the original owner with the original receipt. makes everything very easy. just ask rob watts about your claim/issue and he will surely answer you on this forum/thread. rob watts is a VERY humble , highly knowledgeable & very respected man. he is also well active in this thread and most importantly they(rob watts/chord) do stand behind their chord products 100% for sure. i have the same problem(no break) with my hugo but i simply discontinued using it all together with my ipod 5th gen and just bought a AK380 cu which paired VERY WELL with my hugo for use with my cans such as fostex th900, alpha primes & in a month or 2 will try with mr speakers ether c. hurry up because the 2 year warranty is upon you,hope all works out for you. :punch::thumbsup:

Apr 24, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #1,806 of 1,858
Have my repaired Hugo back now and want to thank Chord and Bluebird Music for an awesome experience.  Extremely quick responses to email inquiries and a 1 business day turnaround time on my device...very impressive.  They ended up replacing the entire board and it's working flawlessly.  

Thanks to Rob Watts and Catovol55 for their advice!  I'm in audio heaven once again. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #1,807 of 1,858
  Have my repaired Hugo back now and want to thank Chord and Bluebird Music for an awesome experience.  Extremely quick responses to email inquiries and a 1 business day turnaround time on my device...very impressive.  They ended up replacing the entire board and it's working flawlessly.  

Thanks to Rob Watts and Catovol55 for their advice!  I'm in audio heaven once again. 

your welcome superotaku. i am glad to see you have resolve your issue with no hassle. chord electronics & Mr. Rob Watts are a very excellent business in my book. high respect and recommendation to them. A-1...

May 11, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #1,808 of 1,858
Well i have had my hugo for almost two years. Its the black with the latest RCA connectors. I have been primary using it while working out. But occasionally will use at home or in car. Car and home i use the RCA connectors.The RCA connectors are loose (not physically loose but musically plays hollow until i press hard against the connectors) now. Just wanted to see how long does it take to have Chord repair the RCA connectors? Any one else have the same issue?

Jul 12, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #1,810 of 1,858
I know there is a black version and the silver version in terms of colour but in terms of sound, am I correct that there is only one version of the Hugo?

I may consider getting a used one if I find a great deal on one so I would like to know in advance so that I can jump on it when it shows up. Thanks.

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #1,811 of 1,858
I know there is a black version and the silver version in terms of colour but in terms of sound, am I correct that there is only one version of the Hugo?

I may consider getting a used one if I find a great deal on one so I would like to know in advance so that I can jump on it when it shows up. Thanks.

The black one is much darker in terms of sound, the tone is blacker. The silver one tends to be brighter and more silvery.

Only kidding. They are exactly the same.

Jul 13, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #1,812 of 1,858
Haha, the preview didn't have the "Only kidding", I was very much?????

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,815 of 1,858
  What might be the improvements Hugo V2 has over original Hugo?

Everything Mojo can do in a Hugo body with much longer battery life and more connectios i hope:banana:

I was hoping to know the differences between Hugo V1 and Hugo V2 as someone in my city was offering a used item of the latter.
Mojo was never in the picture? Or, did you mean Hugo V1 is just Mojo but in a Hugo body and with more I/O?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back