Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Oct 7, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #1,771 of 1,858
That's the one. It's a great little app.

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #1,772 of 1,858
FidelityCastro
Sappy

thanks for your confidence, your cables have been dispatched today first thing in the morning. Hope they will be with you soon.

bvng3540

pls don't be confused by similar cable I have for Oppo HA2 here. That one will not work with Hugo. It won't either lock the signal on Hugo or play any audio files.

Oct 7, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #1,773 of 1,858
  FidelityCastro
Sappy

thanks for your confidence, your cables have been dispatched today first thing in the morning. Hope they will be with you soon.

you are here on head-fi? very good! wanted to tell you this might be a good platform for you but obviously you know that already. thanks again for the good communication and the fast shipping. does the cable indeed need 150 hours of burn in? feels weird for a cable transfering digital information only.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,774 of 1,858

you are here on head-fi? very good! wanted to tell you this might be a good platform for you but obviously you know that already. thanks again for the good communication and the fast shipping. does the cable indeed need 150 hours of burn in? feels weird for a cable transfering digital information only.

indeed in may sound a bit weird and suspicious as all the stuff related to burn in time, nevertheless based on my experience and many customers' reports it does work with digital cables, in particular with usb, for instance. Hope it clarifies your question, Andreas.

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #1,775 of 1,858
 ​
You Talked, We Listened... The Game Will Change !!!
 ​
Date: 14.10.15 - Venue: The Shard
 ​

​
bigsmile_face.gif
 ...The Competition is free to enter and open TO ALL !!!...
bigsmile_face.gif
 ​

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #1,776 of 1,858
I've had my Hugo for about a month and am getting annoyed with the less than secure connection to the HD USB socket.  I've already had one set of replacement cables from Chord after both short and long USB cables became increasingly loose in the socket and prone to dropping out with the slightest encouragement.  The new cables, while for the moment more secure in connection to that socket, are certainly not as secure as I would want or expect them to be.  Is this a common problem with the Hugo or have I just got one that needs a socket replacement.  My Hugo is always used on a flat surface with leads lying on the same surface, and I never carry the Hugo around in bags with the cables attached. 

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #1,777 of 1,858
  I've had my Hugo for about a month and am getting annoyed with the less than secure connection to the HD USB socket.  I've already had one set of replacement cables from Chord after both short and long USB cables became increasingly loose in the socket and prone to dropping out with the slightest encouragement.  The new cables, while for the moment more secure in connection to that socket, are certainly not as secure as I would want or expect them to be.  Is this a common problem with the Hugo or have I just got one that needs a socket replacement.  My Hugo is always used on a flat surface with leads lying on the same surface, and I never carry the Hugo around in bags with the cables attached. 

i have the same exact problem.how did you go about getting a replacement cable from chord? my HD usb cable falls out of the socket at times without pulling it out. CHORD CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE I DEARLY LOVE MY CHORD HUGO.my ipod touch gen 5 loses it's signal due to not a secured and tight connection.
dear chord; i hope on wednesday october 14, 2015 you will announce a chord portable dap that will be a perfect combo with my chord hugo. if not i will have to make my upgrade to the Fiio X7 or Astell & Kern AK380(by christmas).

Oct 9, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #1,778 of 1,858

+ 1

Oct 9, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #1,779 of 1,858
  i have the same exact problem.how did you go about getting a replacement cable from chord? my HD usb cable falls out of the socket at times without pulling it out. CHORD CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE I DEARLY LOVE MY CHORD HUGO.my ipod touch gen 5 loses it's signal due to not a secured and tight connection.

I mentioned the problem to my dealer, who got in touch with Chord, and I got the new cables the next day.

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #1,781 of 1,858
Has anyone tried this cable?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Solid-Silver-Lightning-to-Chord-Hugo-interconnect-cable-Iphone-5-6-/171952447720?hash=item28092a20e8

would like your impressions if you've tried it.

I am currently using applce CCK and silver moon cable but would like something more compact.

thanks!

just wanted to give final feedback that this cable works just fine. mine arrived today, i tested it briefly with the onkyo player and some hires stuff from the iphone. worked fine and sounded good. dont know if it sounds better than other options, didnt A-B with my cck+standard usb cable. i am satifsfied as there is no need for the bulky cable combo anymore. this cable does what should be a standrd to the market.

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #1,782 of 1,858
just wanted to give final feedback that this cable works just fine. mine arrived today, i tested it briefly with the onkyo player and some hires stuff from the iphone. worked fine and sounded good. dont know if it sounds better than other options, didnt A-B with my cck+standard usb cable. i am satifsfied as there is no need for the bulky cable combo anymore. this cable does what should be a standrd to the market.

That's good to know. I have a couple coming after yours.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,784 of 1,858

Awesome, my order is currently on its way to me.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #1,785 of 1,858

I had the same problem and the best one for fit is my Moon Audio Silver Dragon, so I can recommend it.
Also the Lavricables one that removes the need for the Apple CCK (always the weak link in terms of SQ, in my experience of trying a few different connectors).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back