Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Aug 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #376 of 1,858
I did try the am 240. And a Iphone 5 and 4s. They both sounded very good and perhaps on par with a ak240.
An iPod is not good. But memory is limited
Al

Aug 27, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #377 of 1,858
I did try the am 240. And a Iphone 5 and 4s. They both sounded very good and perhaps on par with a ak240.
An iPod is not good. But memory is limited
Al

@ALRAINBOW, Why is an iPod worse than an iPhone?

@flaco, thanks.

Aug 27, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #378 of 1,858
It is I am sure of this. Maybe the prosesor inside. But I use a Hugo daily and the iPhone and CIEMS, is fine fine enough that if I connect o a desk top with CIEM the improvement is there but not big. Anything I post is what I heard myself , own or had for awhile to play with . Find a cheap I phone 4s and a camera adaptor .
I pads are fine as well.
Al

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #379 of 1,858

the Chord Electronics team are on their way to drizzly sunny Suffolk(UK) for this weekends Hi-Fi Show in Ipswich.

Chord will be displaying their flagship Hi-Fi system along with the superb Hugo (looks like there maybe a little surprise).

http://www.signals.uk.com/audioshoweast201.html

Headphones on the Chord Electronics stand:-

Audeze
Focal
HiFiman
Sennheiser

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #381 of 1,858
Great choices

not mine but hey, wouldn't mind getting me a listen of some of HiFiman's headphones..
normal_smile .gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #382 of 1,858
I only know the hifiman HE6. And that will not be driven well with a Hugo
But a great headphone. And with a proper amp sounds fantastic.

What choices did you prefure. Also a friend has the fostex. Another very good headphone just below the hd800

The hd800 are very good with the Hugo

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #384 of 1,858
Good point I know someone who had them and the he6
They said the he6 was better. But I have never heard them myself.
Al

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #385 of 1,858
I only know the hifiman HE6. And that will not be driven well with a Hugo
But a great headphone. And with a proper amp sounds fantastic.

What choices did you prefure. Also a friend has the fostex. Another very good headphone just below the hd800

The hd800 are very good with the Hugo

Al... I can't really comment on headphones but I am looking to buy some full-sized cans at some point but I won't be scaling the dizzying heights of flagship ones, I'll probably settle for something mid-tier.

I can talk about the IEM's I own...
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #386 of 1,858
@seetoyou, Acer are already shipping fanless laptops based on Haswell - I'm holding off to see if the rumors around a fanless MBA come to fruition in the Northern Fall. I'm convinced that the USB ports in my Mac Mini are providing cleaner power than my Asus laptop - I can easily demonstrate this using my HRT microStreamer's line-out and the iFi 'stack' from the laptop and the difference isn't subtle - it's music vs distortion. I just assumed I had a faulty line-out and confined myself to the headphone out : total shock to hear what this thing is capable of with clean USB power. Not crazy about the thin keyboard on the MBA, but I'm quite happy with the results I'm getting with A+ on the Mini - theoretically I could remove the fan to see what difference it makes but I'm not prepared to risk it  :D

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #387 of 1,858
In have a few of those for the trains. Very coo little nuggets.

What ones do you have or favor.
??
Al

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #388 of 1,858
For me fanless is a novelty. In my caps I Cannot tell one from the other.
Rinning win 2012 and AO
I would not trouble over it. Just CPU fan us fine.
Getting ATX cd adaptor and a good DAC power supply externally makes a very notible improvement.
Go to Atech fabrication. They have both for about 200 tops.
A very good investment
Al

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #390 of 1,858
I asked Craig of Whiplash if they make the iPhone to mini USB connector and they do. I am not sure though if I want to use my iPhone for a storage source. The DX90 with coax has been working excellent and I like the ability to change out cards. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back