Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Aug 2, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #1,621 of 1,858

I think the Hugo sounds good with my 325i and 1000e HPs.  I loath Grado racists.
I also found the Hugo to have plenty of bass when fed a good signal. 

I can only hope that you are not accusing me of being a Grado racist, because that would really annoy me.

I was merely highlighting the need for me to try all of my headphones with all of my equipment, without falling into the trap of thinking that a works with b, and c works with d.

In fact, I am so taken with the pairing 325's with the Hugo that I have been listening to nothing else for the last three days.

Aug 2, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #1,622 of 1,858

In fact, I am so taken with the pairing 325's with the Hugo that I have been listening to nothing else for the last three days.

That changes many things, although it does not mean the 325's sound bad. It and RS1's are my favourite out of the Grados although I prefer HD650's smoothness.

And speaking of Grados I really don't like my modded SR80Es. I haven't touched them more than 10 times since I got them I think.

Aug 2, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #1,623 of 1,858
That was a funny comment a page or so ago about not wanting maximum fidelity out on the road, that is when I want it the most, to take me away from the drudgery of everyday life, brings a smile to my face when those around me are frowning

Aug 2, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #1,624 of 1,858
cant find my Hugo charger, aaaargh!!!
eek.gif
 did I leave it at work <check tomorrow> or at the hotel in Jakarta <nooooooooo>. No carelessly walking away with Hugo switched on till said charger has been found. Sorry! had to share my pain 

Aug 2, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,625 of 1,858

I think the Hugo sounds good with my 325i and 1000e HPs.  I loath Grado racists.
I also found the Hugo to have plenty of bass when fed a good signal. 

I can only hope that you are not accusing me of being a Grado racist, because that would really annoy me.

I was merely highlighting the need for me to try all of my headphones with all of my equipment, without falling into the trap of thinking that a works with b, and c works with d.

I was only stating that I've found what seems to be some strong oppinions against Grado.  I think racism is the wrong word for me to have used.  I withdraw it.
I was saying that the Hugo tamed the somewhat harsh treble of the 325i's and made them pleasant.
The original poster sounded to me like he was conserned about using the G word and starting another debate.

Aug 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #1,626 of 1,858
Let's please keep the 'r' word out of the thread, and out of the forums please, no need for it, must admit to being puzzled by its context but will leave that there.

Aug 3, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #1,629 of 1,858

if I can add a comment, the Hugo is like a faithful Labrador always at your side & wanting to please, you really wouldn't be disappointed... today I am a Doctor so feel free to 'trust me'...
wink_face.gif

The Hugo keeps amazing me, I am really glad that I pulled the trigger on buying one. I use it in the office every day and it makes my time here a lot more fun and comfortable. I doubt there is a better portable dac/amp out there at the moment.

Aug 3, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #1,630 of 1,858
*This was posted in the other Hugo thread but I ask here again just to get more info from different people*

Did anyone hear that Hugo's firmware (okay maybe not firmware but whatever is inside it) has been changed?
I heard from someone on a different thread that Hugo's firmware has been changed when ability to connect to android devices were introduced and Hugo's before that could not. Also, and more importantly, the person told me that the change in firmware/software/program/or whatever it's supposed to be called had an affect on soundstaging and bass. Soundstaging has become a bit smaller since the change and the bass has a bit more impact. This is sort of what I felt too when I compare my demo-experience versus my own Hugo which is the latest while the demo was the first gen Hugos with the smaller input/output casing. This might be just my placebo, failure of memory, or something but I just want to ask if anyone has had a similar experience. This was unheard of to me until yesterday but it sounds kinda like a big deal to me.
Thank you.

Aug 3, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #1,631 of 1,858
  cant find my Hugo charger, aaaargh!!!
eek.gif
 did I leave it at work <check tomorrow> or at the hotel in Jakarta <nooooooooo>. No carelessly walking away with Hugo switched on till said charger has been found. Sorry! had to share my pain 

Charger found on office desk!! All is well with the world again
beerchug.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #1,632 of 1,858
i agree with you Rubenv 1000%!!! i use my hugo everytime i ride my bike,home lawn mowing and to work every time. it is VERY ADDICTING. life will not be the same without it. if hugo ever makes a hugo gen 2 upgrade version,i will shell out $$$$ effective immediately. sold my fiio e17(loved it) and in the process to pull the trigger on selling my backup to my hugo, my centrance M8 XL4 which i only used no more than 24 hours burnt in. i currently have ipod touch with onkyo hf app player & astell & kern Jr and both are very pleasing to my audiophile thirst. future upgrade pairing with my hugo will be astell & kern AK380,Fiio X7 and geekwave xdf 256. all 3 will be heavy audition and only 2 will be kept of the 3.  a main and a backup. thanks for all info head-fiers on head-fi.org.  :punch::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #1,633 of 1,858
  i agree with you Rubenv 1000%!!! i use my hugo everytime i ride my bike,home lawn mowing and to work every time. it is VERY ADDICTING. life will not be the same without it. if hugo ever makes a hugo gen 2 upgrade version,i will shell out $$$$ effective immediately. sold my fiio e17(loved it) and in the process to pull the trigger on selling my backup to my hugo, my centrance M8 XL4 which i only used no more than 24 hours burnt in. i currently have ipod touch with onkyo hf app player & astell & kern Jr and both are very pleasing to my audiophile thirst. future upgrade pairing with my hugo will be astell & kern AK380,Fiio X7 and geekwave xdf 256. all 3 will be heavy audition and only 2 will be kept of the 3.  a main and a backup. thanks for all info head-fiers on head-fi.org.  :punch::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dbl post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back