Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD
Jan 31, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #106 of 114
Some say it tops AMR for space and air.
QBD76 has a real edge on both count. Plus piano with orchestra, piano flies distinctly when AMR is more blurred. Voices are more steady, have more poise. Impressive (if ugly IMHO, looks like a metal shellfish).

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #107 of 114

A++    

No not listened to a Berkeley Aplha 2.     

I have listened to a top end Naim cd555 CD player and a top end Esoteric CD player and I much prefer my Blu & QBD76.    

Just listening to Joe Bonamassa live at the Royal Albert Hall through my Blu to QBD76 to KGST Electrostatic Amp and Stax 009's which gives a fully balanced system......pure heaven.  

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #108 of 114
  Some say it tops AMR for space and air.
QBD76 has a real edge on both count. Plus piano with orchestra, piano flies distinctly when AMR is more blurred. Voices are more steady, have more poise. Impressive (if ugly IMHO, looks like a metal shellfish).

Yes the QBD76 DAC siting on its own with other boxy type of hifi components can look rather odd even when placed on a single tier stand.

But if you have the full Chord Choral system with Aspire Rack (see my signature photo of my speaker rig with a five tier full height rack) in my opinion it looks amazing and there is no other hifi system I can think of which looks like this... which was one of the reasons I bought it. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #109 of 114
I MIGHT be willing to let go of my Black QBD76HDSD.  Send me an offer and I just might part with it...I'm thinking of investing into my end of life turntable and having some funds together for it might just edge me towards placing an order.  

Jan 16, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #111 of 114
Did anyone compare Chord QDB76 (or HD or HDSD) with Hugo TT2 or Dave?

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #112 of 114
Its a bit aside from TT2 and DAVE, you can compare it to TT and 2Qute DAC maybe, where the QBD76 HDSD is great on serten things, high resolution ,warmth , great low end and ok depth for it's age.

the TT and 2Qute got better focus and separation , but QBD76 got slight bigger sound and can handle tricky passes in classic music with pretty ease.

So for a used one with a deacent price could be a great value DAC.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #113 of 114
Its a bit aside from TT2 and DAVE, you can compare it to TT and 2Qute DAC maybe, where the QBD76 HDSD is great on serten things, high resolution ,warmth , great low end and ok depth for it's age.

the TT and 2Qute got better focus and separation , but QBD76 got slight bigger sound and can handle tricky passes in classic music with pretty ease.

So for a used one with a deacent price could be a great value DAC.

I sold mine for a couple of years ago and bought the Hugo and the the DAVE then Blu II , Hugo 2 etc , etc ...

I still got the very unusual and rare Chord Metal system remote for DAVE, and Prime ,Prima etc in Coral range products and the Coral Modular Stand left if someone is reading this and need one, then you can PM me.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #114 of 114
Thank you @Beolab i love full body sound signature, I have Chord Hugo and Gryphon Mikado.
Hugo sound amazing for that price, but still miss body and richer mikado mids.
Also chord Rithm is huge and better than others dacs listened, but a little bit disitant to my CDP.
So I thought Dave and Hugo TT2 could be too airy and analitic for my setup... I thought wrongly?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back