Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD
Aug 17, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #91 of 114
A+    Yes a worthwhile upgrade if your only playing digital music files.   

I went the route of obtaining a second hand Blu at a very competitive price from a private sale.   This allows me unlimited music choice from a wealth of CD's I have and can still buy at very cheap prices as opposed to the current limited choice of HD music files that can be quite expensive !
hi m8,I've took the same route as you,loving the blu transport,it sounds fantastic.

Aug 17, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #92 of 114
Aug 25, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #94 of 114
It looks like the QBD 76 is still what hifi favourite money no object dac.

let's wait for DAVE ! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #95 of 114
Did a parallel session with my AMR DP777 SE and Chord QBD76.
Chord is superior in spatialization, notes decay, sound fullness.
Does also a better job in detailing for instance a piano solo in a concerto.
The AMR is suddenly more subdued and delivers a less delineated music.
Quite impressed.
Wonder how Berkeley DAC would perform.

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #96 of 114
Did a parallel session with my AMR DP777 SE and Chord QBD76.
Chord is superior in spatialization, notes decay, sound fullness.
Does also a better job in detailing for instance a piano solo in a concerto.
The AMR is suddenly more subdued and delivers a less delineated music.
Quite impressed.
Wonder how Berkeley DAC would perform.
Yes the QBD76 is a great dac,and in my opinion the second best dac that chord make,Dave being the best.If you look around now you can pick a second hand QBD76 for about £2000,a bit of a bargain I'd say.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #98 of 114
  Thank you.
Not so easy to find.
Other contenders are the Berkeley Alpha 2 and one of the Lampizator

They come on ebay UK once in a while priced around £1,800 to £2,500 depending on model i.e. QBD76 to QBD76HD to QBD76HDSD. 

UK company Nintronics had an ex demo QBD76HDSD for sale at £2,700 last week...... a bargain.  I don't know if anybody bought it but's its currently not listed. 

There is also a Blu CD Transporter for sale on ebay UK for £2,390 at the moment.   Link this to a QBD76 for dual digital output for sonic bliss !  

I often look in HiFi Shark which lists items from all over the world.   I bought my second Blu with a Chord Prima Pre-amp and 4 tier Aspire Stand   second hand via a private sale from a great guy in Europe for my UK headphone system last year for an amazing great price.  

You just have to keep looking on a day by day basis via the world internet. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #99 of 114

They come on ebay UK once in a while priced around £1,800 to £2,500 depending on model i.e. QBD76 to QBD76HD to QBD76HDSD. 

UK company Nintronics had an ex demo QBD76HDSD for sale at £2,700 last week...... a bargain.  I don't know if anybody bought it but's its currently not listed. 

There is also a Blu CD Transporter for sale on ebay UK for £2,390 at the moment.   Link this to a QBD76 for dual digital output for sonic bliss !  

I often look in HiFi Shark which lists items from all over the world.   I bought my second Blu with a Chord Prima Pre-amp and 4 tier Aspire Stand   second hand via a private sale from a great guy in Europe for my UK headphone system last year for an amazing great price.  

You just have to keep looking on a day by day basis via the world internet. 

Yes, Chord is one the researches I saved on the Shark too. Not interested in DSD.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #100 of 114
  Yes, Chord is one the researches I saved on the Shark too. Not interested in DSD.

Hey quantx,

Just found this QBD76 DAC that went up for sale yesterday in UK on HiFi Wigwam for £1,900.    You might be able to knock the price down.

The web site is www.hifiwigwam.com

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #101 of 114

Hey quantx,

Just found this QBD76 DAC that went up for sale yesterday in UK on HiFi Wigwam for £1,900.    You might be able to knock the price down.

Yes, I'm on Wig too. Thanks. Saw it. I have another lead for around 2400 € w/full warranty.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #102 of 114

Hey quantx,

Also advertised for sale in  www.hifi-forsale.co.uk

Looks mint with the chromed trim as well ++

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #103 of 114
  Yes, I'm on Wig too. Thanks. Saw it. I have another lead for around 2400 € w/full warranty.

Your welcome.

Yes there is also a QBD76HD  for sale on www.audio-markt.de for 2,250 Euro...bargain.  

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #105 of 114

Users who are viewing this thread

Back