Chord Electronics TT3? Dave 2? Why is no one talking about this....
May 11, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #16 of 75
Almost - Rob was adamant that he didn't mention 100k, but that still plenty of room for a 5 figure stack.

heh, considering they have a $14,000 DAC, you can construct a 5-figure stack among the existing product set

May 11, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #17 of 75
Isn’t the Vivaldi stack from Dcs and the reference line from msb 100k +. Those are the ones that come to mind. I read here from someone that Chord had mentioned the successor to DAVE would be a few times higher to maybe six figure range. Either way, thats not my playground and i highly doubt now would be the time to release such product.

A new m scaler and a new TT makes a lot of sense for next week.

May 11, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #18 of 75
Isn’t the Vivaldi stack from Dcs and the reference line from msb 100k +. Those are the ones that come to mind. I read here from someone that Chord had mentioned the successor to DAVE would be a few times higher to maybe six figure range. Either way, thats not my playground and i highly doubt now would be the time to release such product.

A new m scaler and a new TT makes a lot of sense for next week.

I was thinking the Lina since it's got the headphone amp in the stack... but yeah you're right, the Vivaldi, with the upsampler and the clock, is like $90k, though it's focused on the full range speaker market isn't it? And doesn't include an amplifier, so will run you even more if you actually want to hear the output

May 11, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #21 of 75
Choral m-scaler x or whatever, and a dac that is the DAVE without the redundant parts the m-scaler replaces (so like a more efficient and maybe cheaper DAVE). That’s what I remember the rumors stating.

May 16, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #22 of 75
Chord Electronics usually has something up its sleeve for High End Munich, and this year is no different. The British hi-fi brand has not one but two new products to unveil at High End. We don't know what they are (or do we...?), but we can reveal that they come from separate product ranges and, according to a company spokesperson, "will create an even broader choice for audiophiles to build hi-fi systems around".

https://www.whathifi.com/news/high-end-munich-2023-preview

May 18, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #24 of 75
No TT3 or SUZI. It's Ultima Integrated and BerTTi (stereo amp).
Source: https://twitter.com/avcat_jp/status/1659139324934500353?s=20
FwZyaOsacAE978N.jpg

FwZyZKMaAAAo3b2.jpg

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #25 of 75
BerTTi ..Hm looks like a TT series amp with a built in Chord design SMPS and could might feed power to a stacked TT2 or only used for power up/down.. does this replace TToby?

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #27 of 75
BerTTi ..Hm looks like a TT series amp with a built in Chord design SMPS and could might feed power to a stacked TT2 or only used for power up/down.. does this replace TToby?
Hmm… I think that’s a 12V trigger. I doubt it has enough power to feed another device.

It looks like TToby has 50W to 8ohms and 100W to 4 ohms whereas BerTTi has 75W to 8ohms and 150W to 4 ohms? Hard to know if they’ll get rid of TToby.

I have to admit that I really like the dual feed-forward error correction so if one can afford it, I would recommend Etude over BerTTi even without hearing the product (which I know I shouldn’t do).

May 18, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #28 of 75
Hmm… I think that’s a 12V trigger. I doubt it has enough power to feed another device.

It looks like TToby has 50W to 8ohms and 100W to 4 ohms whereas BerTTi has 75W to 8ohms and 150W to 4 ohms? Hard to know if they’ll get rid of TToby.

I have to admit that I really like the dual feed-forward error correction so if one can afford it, I would recommend Etude over BerTTi even without hearing the product (which I know I shouldn’t do).
[edited]
The name makes me wonder if the Suzi is a stereo amp in the Hugo family form factor. Maybe an initial digital amp, to allow the TT2 levels of power output, and act as a Proof of Concept for the digital amp family.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back