Chord Electronics TT3? Dave 2? Why is no one talking about this....
May 11, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #5 of 75
According this interview the choral Mscaler was in final development stage..

The Ultima DAC was not expected this year.

But who knows. Chord likes to keep secrets till releases😄

May 11, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #6 of 75
https://twitter.com/ChordAudio/status/1656230149535219715?s=20

Just for reference....the TT2 was announced May of 2018.

(If there is a thread about this somewhere please remove or relocate)

Because unlike other brand, Chord doesn't release their product randomly. There is a pattern.

Based on previous pattern, there will be no TT3, before they start to release Dave 2. As far as I know, Chord plan to release something that higher than Dave level, so not Dave 2. Let alone TT3.

I truly wish there is a successor of TT2 soon though.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 75
According this interview the choral Mscaler was in final development stage..

The Ultima DAC was not expected this year.

But who knows. Chord likes to keep secrets till releases😄

The only other 'clue' that was dropped, was John Franks mentioning a modular product called Suzi, but no indication what it means.

May 11, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #9 of 75
I recall Rob saying at Canjam that there was no Dave 2 in development, so I don't think that's it. He did talk a lot about continued DAC development though even beyond where the DAVE is so I think it's gotta be a DAC of some kind -- if it's not the DAVE, maybe there's something to be slotted on top, given that the DAVE still commands a huge price in the market while DCS is getting still higher, and the DAVE has been around roughly forever in its current state.

I also think they were going to build an MScaler in the DAVE chassis.

Chord is also way behind in the headphone amplifier game. Maybe they'll put something out that can actually power some of the TOTL planars today. The amp in the DAVE was pretty poor (which I say as a former DAVE owner), and nobody with high end headphones uses a full CHORD chain, it's impossible.

May 11, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #11 of 75
Could this Suzi be Chords digital amps?
Chord already have three modular products in MojoPoly, Hugo2Go and 2Go2Yu.
I doubt it means the digital amps (in the sense of a DAVE replacement), but that still leaves plenty of room in the market for something modular along the lines of power supply + streamer + dac + (headphone?) amplifier.

May 11, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #14 of 75
Aren’t they working on a six figure stack?

What are you basing that on? High end audio can certainly surprise me with its absurdity but a six-figure stack is more than double the highest end headphone stack in the market (the dCS), so that sounds pretty unlikely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back