Chord Electronics - The Shard Event
Oct 12, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #241 of 481
  Well I am grade I didn't leak it, I welcome this product greatly, it sounds is said to be a warmer HUGO for those who love the transparency of HUGO but tend to amp it to make it warmer sounding.

Price is expected to be much cheaper than HUGO, how much, I do not know! 

For the price go to the link it says it's 599 USD.

Where did you hear about the sound description?

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #243 of 481
  Well I am grade I didn't leak it, I welcome this product greatly, it sounds is said to be a warmer HUGO for those who love the transparency of HUGO but tend to amp it to make it warmer sounding.

My pants are soiled with a wet substance I'm afraid to identify.

Price is expected to be much cheaper than HUGO, how much, I do not know! 

It's going to be $599 (says so at the bottom).

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #244 of 481
I just noticed that the power output specs are the EXACT same as the Hugo...
Hmm... I hope the Hugo doesn't go obsolete.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #246 of 481
  I'm afraid it already IS.

Well, for me at least ...

The black leather case sudddenly looks like a casket.

Well...
It just makes people who payed $2400 for the Hugo look crazy and I'm one of them if that's really the case in terms of the sound.
I don't really care about portability, IEM friendliness, and so on as long as the sound is better.
At least the price is low enough to intrigue me.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #247 of 481
Well...
It just makes people who payed $2400 for the Hugo look crazy and I'm one of them if that's really the case in terms of the sound.
I don't really care about portability, IEM friendliness, and so on as long as the sound is better.

Hugo scalability is where it shines. It is a transportable desktop dac.
mono short coming might be that.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #248 of 481
No way Chord will have killed the Hugo.  (
confused_face_2.gif
 )

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #249 of 481
Hugo scalability is where it shines. It is a transportable desktop dac.
mono short coming might be that.

Good point. It lacks the RCA outputs (a plus) and bluetooth (which I don't care about).
However, simply as a headphone amplifier + dac by itself because of the specs which have the same output power, the new chip, and the different sound, it may be better when it's not put into desktop dac use.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #250 of 481
Good point. It lacks the RCA outputs (a plus) and bluetooth (which I don't care about).
However, simply as a headphone amplifier + dac by itself because of the specs which have the same output power, the new chip, and the different sound, it may be better when it's not put into desktop dac use.

It is fairly common practice to release different turning products for different parts of the region.

Common needs of community was lack of warmth, no chord wasn't anemic it is well extended but yea I just can't wait to hear it.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #251 of 481
  Well...

Come to think of it (I hate when I sober up), even omitting some input/output options, it would be a marvel if it was smaller AND 1/4 (!) the price of the Hugo and "beat it" on all counts. Things do not really work like that, do they? And it's not Christmas yet.

Oh well, time will tell. Just hope they do not sacrifice too much of the much-cherished clarity. A nice balance between clear and not strident would be great. But I have a feeling they wouldn't be Chord if they couldn't achieve that. So, yeah, definitely very anxious to hear it. (And a little jealous of the lucky contest winner ... Congrats, man!)

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #252 of 481
I had no need for Bluetooth, three headphone jack and RCA. sd usb was pointless too. I like this size, there is a lot of great cheap dap in market for source purposes. Maybe it is on the thick side but should fit in a camera bag easily.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #254 of 481
  It is the Hugo Mini Me after all 
wink.gif

It's very portable and affordable...now let's wait how the sq will hold up (compared to other dacs)
austin-powers-o.gif

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #255 of 481
The Hugo uses a Spartan-6 FPGA chip, the new Mojo uses a Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA chip. I can imagine there is a difference between the two, but at this point I am not sure what those differences will entail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back