Chord Electronics - The Shard Event
Oct 12, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #256 of 481
Disregarding the sound, for the time being. I do not think, the "Mojo" makes the Hugo obsolete. 

Yes, the "Mojo" beats Hugo in portability with its size, dimensions and weight, and yes, it looks like it can play 32 bit 768 khz audio files. Perfect, alternative as a Hugo on the go for IEMs, at a pretty reasonable price of $599. 

But the above mentioned was achieved at the expense of limited inputs/outputs options i.e. no RCA coaxial input, and especially no 1/4 inch headphone jack and stereo RCA phono output. Which makes the Hugo one if not the most versatile DAC/Amp.

Still praying hard for a Chord DAP
tongue_smile.gif

Cheers  

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #260 of 481
A picture paints a thousand words...

Liking the beam of light emanating from the shard right now, would be poetic if it was from the 32nd floor!

Man, London sure is expensive. Even Sauron can't afford to keep his former penthouse. Looks like he's now residing on one of the mid-50th floors.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #261 of 481
so is the new product the mojo or will chord release something else besides the mojo

if it is the mojo then can it drive the audeze lcd2 rev2

if thats the new product well i like it, hope it hass more bass than the hugo

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #262 of 481
so is the new product the mojo or will chord release something else besides the mojo

if it is the mojo then can it drive the audeze lcd2 rev2

if thats the new product well i like it, hope it hass more bass than the hugo

No one knows yet. However from the specs we can speculate that a lot of people will enjoy the Mojo with the LCD2.
More bass than the Hugo? That wouldn't be neutral (probably) so it would not be something I would ask for.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #263 of 481

There is no way they are going to release two major products simultaneously/directly after one another. Also, everything we knew about the mistery product fit the bill. In fact, quite some people suspected it would be an amp or dac/amp. No point holding your breath for a dap in the foreseeable future, I think.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #264 of 481
Darn can't stay away.The headphone jack and digital jack are on different sides, that will make it harder for pocketability purposes.

Smart thing would be to keep them all on one side. Place the charging port at the back and bring the jack at the front.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #265 of 481

More bass than the Hugo? That wouldn't be neutral (probably) so it would not be something I would ask for.

A built-in bass/treble adjust would have been reeeally nice though. Not very "hi-fi", I guess, but hey, for a "cheap" portable product, hehe ... (Ha, this product hasn't even officially seen the light of day and here we go compiling a wishlist already. Methinks we're not good after all.
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #267 of 481
Darn can't stay away.The headphone jack and digital jack are on different sides, that will make it harder for pocketability purposes.

Smart thing would be to keep them all on one side. Place the charging port at the back and bring the jack at the front.

+1
I have felt the same way numerous times when comparing the Hugo to other devices. I presume that there are some Mojos made already so it might be too late for the first batch but no one knows for sure. Afterall, it doesn't exist yet.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #269 of 481
From what I can see and guess from the pics, I just realized that the Mojo doesn't have the crossfeed feature. That's almost a deal-breaker for me. I use the Hugo crossfeed at red usually for 70~80 percent of my recordings and unless the new Mojo has the crossfeed automatically set at what red is like on the Hugo or I missed it, it would be hard to live without the crossfeed. We'll see I guess.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #270 of 481
Big Sound 2015 taught me that blind tests are really only useful for professionals evaluating small details, and really shouldn't be used by casual listeners or enthusiast n00bs. It's better for most folks to keep an open mind about gear; reduce your desire to produce pre-conceived notions from your forum reading; and resist the temptation to jump to any thoughts that there are huge differences between amps, DACs, cables, break-in, and the like. Please be careful about exaggerating your experience in listening comparisons; they're usually not that big; they'll often be specific to your tastes and sensibilities; and they may skew the experience of others and lead them astray.
I also learned that while we may be hearing the same piece of gear, each individual's impression of it may be different based on both physiological variance and in matters of taste. Just because someone's carefully formed opinion is different than yours doesn't make one of you right and the other wrong—at least, insofar as relatively good kit goes. However, there are junk products out there that should be known as such to all.
Next, and last, Big Sound 2015 post: My take on the gear itself.

Maybe that's it for me , I will buy new speaker and new amp and out of this .
I hope Dave is a new benchmark in dac and diff. than other dacs .
Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/big-sound-2015-wrap-what-i-learned#u5o60lciGu3QLYud.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back