Chord Electronics - The Shard Event
Oct 10, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #152 of 481
  A thread without teaser is not worth putting my cake down...

looking at the products mentioned in the thread I don't see any remark that resembles anything... that's what I call a hint, hth...
wink_face.gif

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #153 of 481
Jokes aside I share your views on HUGO, to me it needs an amp, I am sure I am not the only one alone on this. Therefore I hope what they have coming is an amp. 

Minussed.

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #155 of 481
Quite elementary my dear Watson: the GAME will CHANGE:

1. Any GAME requires a PLAYER
  2. CHANGE: what is the device that allows to CHANGE tracks?

Then the event takes place at the SHARD:

If you take the numeral equivalent of CHORD, you have : 3+8+15+18+4 = 48 = 12

So I zoomed on the 12th floor and WHAT DID I FIND!?? 
confused_face_2.gif

Ok it's Saturday and I am bored.

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #156 of 481
  Quite elementary my dear Watson: the GAME will CHANGE:

1. Any GAME requires a PLAYER
  2. CHANGE: what is the device that allows to CHANGE tracks?

Then the event takes place at the SHARD:

If you take the numeral equivalent of CHORD, you have : 3+8+15+18+4 = 48 = 12

So I zoomed on the 12th floor and WHAT DID I FIND!?? 
confused_face_2.gif

Ok it's Saturday and I am bored.

Lol. Take it easy man. No need to be so desperate. Enjoy your tunes.

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #159 of 481
Oct 10, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #160 of 481

I'm not concerned.
wink.gif
Chord will never produce an amp for re-amplifying the Hugo's headphone output.

Yes it is already been pointed out but it will not stop people from pairing it with HUGO if it is an amp?

We know it will not be a DAP, not a HUGO MKII (HUGO TT in a way is that), what else is left? 

It only makes sense for them to get into portable amp, offering the same tuning as hugo in an amp format. 

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #161 of 481
  I am :D

Haha! Clearly the artist you are playing is David Sylvian, whose first name obviously starts with DA, while the remaining letters are V, I and D, meaning 21, 9 and 4, respectively, and 21 minus 9 is 12 plus 4 is, lo and behold ... P!!!!

Thank you very much for disclosing this vital piece of information to the discerning reader, Mimouille! Although I'm afraid Chord's Men in Black are on their way to you ...

Edit: It's Saturday over here as well ...

Oct 10, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #162 of 481

Haha! Clearly the artist you are playing is David Sylvian, whose first name obviously starts with DA, while the remaining letters are V, I and D, meaning 21, 9 and 4, respectively, and 21 minus 9 is 12 plus 4 is, lo and behold ... P!!!!

Thank you very much for disclosing this vital piece of information to the discerning reader, Mimouille! Although I'm afraid Chord's Men in Black are on their way to you ...

wink.gif

Oct 10, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #163 of 481

where I can agree with the first three letters & summary numbers, I really do have concerns with 'id' as it is plainly obvious you are trying to 'pull the wool over our eyes' by inserting '21 minus 9 is 12 plus 4' as a red-herring... it should read 4 + 1 + 21 + 9 - 4 = DAVE.... it's almost as algorithmically challenging as trying to figure out who will win between France v Ireland tomorrow, hth...
wink_face.gif

ps... can confirm it's Saturday in Blighty. 

Oct 10, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #165 of 481
where I can agree with the first three letters & summary numbers, I really do have concerns with 'id' as it is plainly obvious you are trying to 'pull the wool over our eyes' by inserting '21 minus 9 is 12 plus 4' as a red-herring... it should read 4 + 1 + 21 + 9 - 4 = DAVE.... it's almost as algorithmically challenging as trying to figure out who will win between France v Ireland tomorrow, hth... :wink_face:

ps... can confirm it's Saturday in Blighty. 

Well, since we are in a guessing game, I'll throw in one more guess. I think it is a baby Dave (think baby Orpheus) and I'll explain how I arrived at that conclusion. Well with the hints that we have gotten so far, we know that it is something portable and if it has "DAV" in it, it has to be related to Dave. In a portable audio chain, you have Dap, transport, Dac, Amp or Dac/amp, and headphone and cables in between. I really don't think it is a Dap as Rob has stated more times than once in the last year that they are not doing it. It is not their specialty, the software development for any dap or transport from the ground up is just too prohibitive without a history like Fiio or A&K, plus John and Rob has been running from show to show ever since the introduction of Chord Hugo. I just don't think they have that kind of time to do something from ground zero. The same logic goes to headphone and I doubted any cable can be regarded as game changing. Don't get me wrong, I am a cable believer but it just ain't it. So that leaves a portable Dac, a portable amp, and a portable Dac/amp. Well, I know Chord Electronics made many wonderful destop Dacs and amps but let face it, it is the Hugo that brought them into prominence and success. And success begat success and once they have tasted the sweet success of portable audio, I think they have been trying to think how they can improve on the success of Hugo. Rob is a genius in Dac development and he has just completed the difficult task of Dave. I think in the development of Dave, Rob learned something that he can apply to portable audio and improve on the SQ of Hugo. This is call trickle down technology and we see that a lot of the time from applying space technology to everyday application. Beside, applying Dac tech to another Dac platform seems workable to me. As I see it, there is only one hope for a DAP and that is if Chord has a joint venture with another party like Sony, Fiio etc. where they build on other dap platform, otherwise, no chance for a dap. Of course, I can be totally off and surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back