Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Nov 6, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #2,386 of 6,775
Optical from my imac with roon perfect.

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #2,388 of 6,775
actually it's the other way around: whatever you buy, if pretty cheap, will be outdated... in a few *weeks* :wink:

no caring bout dsd and stuff as i listen mostly to cd quality and tidal and for only few bucks i will not be upset if it gets outdated so fast :)

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #2,389 of 6,775
The Chromecast is fantastic for the money and if you d pair it with Roon, it sounds even better. I much prefer it to USB from my Mac soundwise. It goes up to 24bit/96khz resolution though only. No big deal so far for a £30 solution

can u put a link which one on amazon to buy

just another question why when i type in google --- chromecast audio the site tells me that its not supported in my country, does chromecast work only in certain countries

https://store.google.com/countrypicker

does it mean i have to use vpn, if yes then this is not a solution for me

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #2,390 of 6,775

just another question why when i type in google --- chromecast audio the site tells me that its not supported in my country, does chromecast work only in certain countries

Chromecast doesnot have built-in VPN or MediaStreamer DNS functionality. In order to useExpressVPN on your Chromecast, you need to connect your Chromecast to a VPN-enabled virtual router or router.20 Sep 2018“, according to google

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #2,391 of 6,775
I wonder if this is the kind of discussion that would fit with more relevance in the thread that @musickid created in the members lounge area

Nov 6, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #2,392 of 6,775

Chromecast isn't region specific there is nothing stopping it from working in Mars for example as long as there is Wifi and a device to set things up.
Amazon does not sell Google products so you would need to buy elsewhere, not sure what country you are in but eBay has tons for sale.

Nov 7, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #2,393 of 6,775
[QUOTE = "maxh22, post: 14582996, member: 450242"] O Chromecast não é específico de uma região, não há nada que o impeça de trabalhar em Marte, por exemplo, desde que haja Wifi e um dispositivo para configurar as coisas.
A Amazon não vende produtos do Google, então você precisaria comprar em outro lugar, não tendo certeza de qual país você está, mas o eBay tem toneladas à

Nov 8, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #2,395 of 6,775
Hope someone can help here:
Just bought a Qutest Chord to replace my beloved 2Qute DAC
downloaded drivers, check
windows sees device check
run setup to 2volt out check
use foobar for playing and it sees Chord device under DS: Chord etc etc
NO SOUND
no light in round window, foobar shows song playing and no signal getting to unit
this pc was windows 7
so
tried the whole thing again on a different windows10 machine
same issue
tried toslink/optical input instead of usb and windows would NOT even SEE the damm thing
have email out to chord
very disappointed and frustrated
any help appreciated

Nov 8, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #2,396 of 6,775
Hope someone can help here:
Just bought a Qutest Chord to replace my beloved 2Qute DAC
downloaded drivers, check
windows sees device check
run setup to 2volt out check
use foobar for playing and it sees Chord device under DS: Chord etc etc
NO SOUND
no light in round window, foobar shows song playing and no signal getting to unit
this pc was windows 7
so
tried the whole thing again on a different windows10 machine
same issue
tried toslink/optical input instead of usb and windows would NOT even SEE the damm thing
have email out to chord
very disappointed and frustrated
any help appreciated

Hopefully it’s something simple. The input light is white for USB, right?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #2,398 of 6,775
Can anyone suggest cables to connect a media streamer (digital-coaxial-rca) to one of the bnc inputs on the qutest?
Thanks
If you don't want to spend to much Chord Clearway Digital Coaxial RCA TO BNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back