Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Aug 22, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #5,616 of 6,750
Do you guys just turn the surge protector off after using the Qutest? Worried about leaving it on all the time.

also, I’m in Sydney!
I leave the Qutest and MScaler on all the time unless I’m out for a day or more then I switch off the power conditioner,
I’m in Brisbane,
thought on the off chance you were too you might want to listen to an MScaler with the Qutest …if the price seems a bit much though do yourself a favour and don’t listen to one … 🙄

Aug 23, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #5,620 of 6,750
Hey guys,
Just ordered a Qutest and it’s coming this week!

I forgot to check on any rumours surrounding a new one being released soon. As this is a significant purchase for me, I would want this to be a current model for at least a couple more years. Any news surrounding this?

it seems like the Anni amplifier is on its way soon but haven’t seen anything about a new dac.
In terms of age, the following Chord products (on the Head-Fi side of things) are listed in chronological order -
  • Dave
  • Mojo
  • Hugo 2
  • Qutest
  • Hugo TT 2
Thus, if a revision is incoming, they'll probably target the Mojo first, arguably their most popular product. It's basically an excellent condensation of the general Chord sound in a smaller, portable body; and pertinently so, a lot cheaper, too. In fact, a Mojo 2 has been rumored for quite some time now.

The Qutest is one of the brand's newer products, so I doubt that it'll be supplanted anytime soon; at least not within the next 2 years. Besides, the Anni looks like a perfect fit for the Qutest, so I'm quietly confident that the latter will not be replaced (yet).

For the higher-end tiers, I suspect that we'll get a Hugo 3 first, before a Qutest 2 is launched.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #5,621 of 6,750
In terms of age, the following Chord products (on the Head-Fi side of things) are listed in chronological order -
  • Mojo
  • Dave
  • Hugo 2
  • Qutest
  • Hugo TT 2
Thus, if a revision is incoming, they'll probably target the Mojo first, a rather popular product. It's basically an excellent condensation of the general Chord sound in a smaller, portable body; and pertinently so, a lot cheaper, too. In fact, a Mojo 2 has been rumored for quite some time now.

The Qutest is one of the brand's newer products, so I doubt that it'll be supplanted anytime soon; at least not within the next 2 years. Besides, the Anni looks like a perfect fit for the Qutest, so I'm quietly confident that the latter will not be replaced (yet).
Thanks! That’s good to hear. I did call my hi-if shop again to ask about it. He echoed the same basically and stressed that the chip shortage globally means that even the Mojo may not get its successor until 2022.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back