Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Dec 1, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #2,522 of 6,741
I may. I gave the Allo Digi One to my son-in law . I really would like to see a USB Bridge Signature. I would buy that. I'm also not impressed with the ifi Power I bought that I used on both the DigiOne and USB Bridge. I actually preferred the stock
power supply.

Oh I believe you; if you like the sound of the stock ps try some power banks they almost always sound better IME.

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #2,530 of 6,741
Anyway , i don't want to hijack this thread . Back to the Chord Qutest. I had a 2Qute that I liked very much but sold it. Should have kept it.

Is the Qutest an noticeable improvement over the 2qute?

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #2,531 of 6,741
amazon nor on ebay any of those cables ship to Israel, which is strange because it says ships worldwide but on check out they say the do not ship to Israel, I tried so many different vendors on ebay but non ship to Israel, anything good maybe on aliexpress or maybe there is another site where to buy one of these cables, how bout blue jeans cables

https://www.teddypardo.com/powersupplies/usb-psus/teddyusb.html based in Israel and very good.

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #2,532 of 6,741
Dec 5, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #2,533 of 6,741
Is the Qutest an noticeable improvement over the 2qute?

Yes in my opinion it is. I upgraded to Qutest from 2Qute.
During the first seconds of listening to it I thought they sounded exactly the same.
They have the same character or sound signature. Which is a good thing IMO.
But after a short while I noticed the differences. There were some extra details revealed.
The soundstage had slightly more depth and it had a bit more analog feel to it, as in less harsh.
Apart from the sound of it it has a more easily accesible input switch, you can choose the output
Voltage between 1, 2 and 3V and it is heavier.
It's more an evolution than revolution I think. The revolution part of it however might be the possibility to add
a M Scaler due to the dual BNC inputs.
If you liked 2Qute I'm absolutely positive that you will really like and appreciate the Qutest.

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #2,534 of 6,741
Is the USB input always better than the spdif inputs on the Qutest? If I use a really good spdif source, will it outperform the USB input?

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #2,535 of 6,741
Is the USB input always better than the spdif inputs on the Qutest? If I use a really good spdif source, will it outperform the USB input?

Have you tried Optical? That way you get RF noise isolation.

The best way is to try all three yourself though. Generally you are looking for the least bright sound and darkest sound as this indicates the least RF noise on the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back