Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Sep 13, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #14,251 of 22,467
Mum got fifteen holidays before the end of the year so she can't lend me 500 quid to get my hugo TT 2,why doesn't she just have 14 holidays and not be selfish,hope it's delayed for a year.Apologises to the ppl that only get half of the message, the first bit is in the m scaler site, confusing at my age which chord thread I'm in. Was in the Dave site for a while, didn't realise at first but after I realised I've broken the ice with the elite, high rollers

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #14,253 of 22,467
now I know you're taking the proverbial... Toffees will stick it to the Irons mark my words (see what a vibrant, optimistic supporter I am).
It still feels very early in the season - things have not ignited yet.
Maybe the next few weeks will enable all the fans to get a better feel for which new players have 'bedded in' and can now add value to teams.

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #14,254 of 22,467
It still feels very early in the season - things have not ignited yet.
Maybe the next few weeks will enable all the fans to get a better feel for which new players have 'bedded in' and can now add value to teams.
It all boils down to 22 ppl kicking a bit of air around on outrageous wages and slaughtering the paying public to watch them play

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #14,256 of 22,467
Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Sep 13, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #14,257 of 22,467
Today will be remembered as the day of frenzy for many generations to come.:poodle: The pink poodle never lies.

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #14,259 of 22,467
I'm weighing up the addition of a 5 pound twin rca to 3.5 cable with an adaptor total cost 7 pounds vs a cable ready made from from chord co. Once the cable is visual on their site things will lead to a clearer way forward but what about the epic?:poodle: Rob mentions a cheap rca cable will do.....

Paul i wish you good luck whichever path you pick.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #14,260 of 22,467
Awesome, I knew the Hugo2 Mscaler frenzy was going to take off, but this is exceeding even my expectations. I love the enthusiasm and I can't wait for the Hugo2 Mscaler impressions and reviews to start coming in!

I was just reading up on the Mscaler. apparently "When partnered with either of Chord Electronics’ 768kHz-capable dual-BNC-input DACs, the Hugo M Scaler sets an astonishing technical benchmark for digital audio performance at it price point, redefining sound quality from digital audio."
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/hugo-mscaler/

Does this mean that DACs that are not dual BNC input are somehow handicapped and if so, why and to what extent?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #14,261 of 22,467
Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #14,262 of 22,467
No h2, qutest, tt2. dave all benefit fully from 1M taps. H2 just needs a different connection method as Rob points out the mscaler has transformed the way he uses h2 especially on long haul flights in dual coax mode. Click this link Hooster.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-dave.766517/page-778

Thanks, transformational.

Listen to Rob: "Yes Hugo 2 gets exactly the same benefits as Qutest, TT2, and Dave. Frankly it has transformed my usage of Hugo 2... I can't be without it."

Sep 14, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #14,264 of 22,467
I'm weighing up the addition of a 5 pound twin rca to 3.5 cable with an adaptor total cost 7 pounds vs a cable ready made from from chord co. Once the cable is visual on their site things will lead to a clearer way forward but what about the epic?:poodle: Rob mentions a cheap rca cable will do.....

I've been a Chord Co. customer for a few decades and have always been impressed with the sound their cables produce and the build-quality, personally speaking I would fully recommend the Brand but if you prefer something cheaper so be it, I'm not going to judge your choices, your ears can do that lil' chore.

a couple of points to consider... firstly, Chord have worked with Chord Co. to produce cable(s) that will connect & compliment various Chord products such as Hugo-2>Mscaler, Blu/Mscaler>Dave etc., no doubt many Customers will be happy that they can match Chord Co. cables with existing ones in their systems... as for photo's of the cables, I spoke to a real helpful guy called Chris at Chord Co., he said they were in the processes of getting photo's done though it will be a while longer before they appear on the website. Maybe best to use your imagination in the meantime like I tried, I shut my eyes and imagined a Y-shape and went from there, the cable-junction was a tad confusing as I didn't know whether to go 'L' or 'R' so I 'jacked it in' in the end.

Rob makes his own cables because he's a clever guy, even uses a drill to twist the cables for the 'professional' look... but if you actually work out the price of the materials and the cost of Rob's time, you're looking at upwards of £10k for a pair of RCA's so by comparison, Chord Co. cables are a absolute bargain, that said, cables are a subjective conversation, some will swear benefits others will decry them... my own experience tells me that I saw a benefit when I upgraded my Chord Co. speaker cables but you also have to consider I upgraded my speakers at same time, you could call it a 'chicken & egg' scenario but I really don't care where the improvements stemmed from, my system sounded better, and my ears agree that's all that mattered in the end.

you'll only work out what's best for you by trial & error, no-one has your ears... good luck with your journey.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #14,265 of 22,467
Many thanks OK G that helps put things into a clearer perspective. Obviously we all want the best sounding non tarnished solution at the best price. I'm just an individual treading new water here so if you told me 2 years ago that i would now be experimenting with hugo2's and mscalers i think i would have asked for an intervention..lol. I feel comfortable knowing the bnc cables supplied with the mscaler are generic 75 ohm cables that have been given the thumbs up by Rob. Due to a lack of experience i start to feel slightly anxious when cable experimenting occurs as i feel i may just ruin the true performance of the mscaler. The all in one 3.5 to dual bnc by chord co. specifing a 75 ohm ready to go cable would be an excellent solution. My mscaler will be with me in a couple of days so the potential to unlock music in a way i've never experienced is very exciting for me. I will go with the flow and check chord co. website carefully in eager anticipation. Their relationship with chord electronics is very comforting to know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back