Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Sep 12, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #14,238 of 22,475
A while back I bought an Aurender N100H but found the need to use an iPad as the user interface a bit cumbersome and for simplicity I currently use my Questyle QP1R DAP as a music server for my DAVE via a 10 foot Optical Toslink cable with excellent results. I am looking to sell the Aurender and buy another DAP that has WiFi to stream from the likes of TIDAL or eventually Qobuz if it ever comes to the USA. The QP1R is also used on the go with an IEM. It has two micro SD cards so there is plenty of storage. The GUI and operating system is clunky and requires use of haptic touch keys to scroll through file lists and slow scrolling of track names is annoying. The DAP can play 192 hi res but has no WiFi.

Anyone have a suggestion for a TOTL DAP replacement with optical out and WIFI that has as much storage and equivalent or better SQ and friendlier GUI ???

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #14,239 of 22,475
STR AFAIK the cable from h2 to scaler is not in the offer. You need stock dual bnc that come with scaler, 2 bnc to rca adaptors and a twin rca to 3.5mm adaptor or cable. I prefer the cable option. I am currently collecting these items for my h2 to connect to scaler when it arrives. There is a bnc to 3.5mm cable on offer but i don't see how this could be used as you need twin bnc not single.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #14,240 of 22,475
ok, so International Chord customers who live around the globe 'do not' miss out on the Hugo-2 'cable offer' that's open to Chord Customers in UK...

Canadian 'Chord Dealer' HiFi-Pro is offering a special deal to all 'International Customers', they have a special deal on the 'Nordost Silver-Shadow' Bnc/Rca-Digital Coaxial Cable (1m long).

normal cost of the Nordost Silver-Shadow cable is $599 (£460), save a whopping $300 (£230) and pick one up for a $199 (£153), this is a 'limited time' offer open to everyone globally.

Link to offer: https://www.hifipro.ca/product/nordost-silver-shadow-1m-bnc-rca-digital-coaxial-cable-international

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #14,241 of 22,475
Hopefully hugo 2/mscaler photos soon. The mscaler has arrived.

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #14,242 of 22,475
ok, so International Chord customers who live around the globe 'do not' miss out on the Hugo-2 'cable offer' that's open to Chord Customers in UK...

Canadian 'Chord Dealer' HiFi-Pro is offering a special deal to all 'International Customers', they have a special deal on the 'Nordost Silver-Shadow' Bnc/Rca-Digital Coaxial Cable (1m long).

normal cost of the Nordost Silver-Shadow cable is $599 (£460), save a whopping $300 (£230) and pick one up for a $199 (£153), this is a 'limited time' offer open to everyone globally.

Link to offer: https://www.hifipro.ca/product/nordost-silver-shadow-1m-bnc-rca-digital-coaxial-cable-international
Ooooh! Y'know, like, it's great eh? The Great White North comes through again! Better get 'em soon before bonnie wee Donnie throws a fit.

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #14,243 of 22,475

Couldn't edit my post on iPad, it locked up each time. Will try again on PC!

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #14,244 of 22,475
STR AFAIK the cable from h2 to scaler is not in the offer. You need stock dual bnc that come with scaler, 2 bnc to rca adaptors and a twin rca to 3.5mm adaptor or cable. I prefer the cable option. I am currently collecting these items for my h2 to connect to scaler when it arrives. There is a bnc to 3.5mm cable on offer but i don't see how this could be used as you need twin bnc not single.

funnily enough Matt & I were in contact regarding which way was best to connect Hugo-2>Mscaler after it was raised in the thread by STR-1, Matt informed me that he had been in contact with Chord Co. regarding cables but hadn't had time to chase things up, so me being me I contacted Chord Co. and asked what the state of play was regarding a cable to connect Hugo-2 to Mscaler/Blu2?... they informed me that they had made a connector for not only the Hugo-2>Mscaler but for other Chord products as well, I've edited the email entire and left the relevant bits & links:-

Chord Co. reply: We have been working with Chord Electronics to ensure that we can offer these as a product and to the best quality and highest standard.

There a couple of options we currently offer:-

The Dual BNC to BNC for connecting the BLU MKII to the DAVE, or for the Hugo TT 2 to the newly released M-Scaler. These digital cables transfer high frequency data so need to be made as a matched pair.

The other option is the 3.5mm Minijack to 2 BNC cable. This will allow you to connect the coax connection of the Hugo 2 to the new M-Scaler.

Each of these are available in each of our ranges from Clearway to Sarum-T.

This means we can make them suitable for portable audio, or for more higher end systems.

For cable enquiries contact: Sales@chord.co.uk

Chord Co website: www.chord.co.uk

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #14,245 of 22,475
funnily enough Matt & I were in contact regarding which way was best to connect Hugo-2>Mscaler after it was raised in the thread by STR-1, Matt informed me that he had been in contact with Chord Co. regarding cables but hadn't had time to chase things up, so me being me I contacted Chord Co. and asked what the state of play was regarding a cable to connect Hugo-2 to Mscaler/Blu2?... they informed me that they had made a connector for not only the Hugo-2>Mscaler but for other Chord products as well, I've edited the email entire and left the relevant bits & links:-

Chord Co. reply: We have been working with Chord Electronics to ensure that we can offer these as a product and to the best quality and highest standard.

There a couple of options we currently offer:-

The Dual BNC to BNC for connecting the BLU MKII to the DAVE, or for the Hugo TT 2 to the newly released M-Scaler. These digital cables transfer high frequency data so need to be made as a matched pair.

The other option is the 3.5mm Minijack to 2 BNC cable. This will allow you to connect the coax connection of the Hugo 2 to the new M-Scaler.

Each of these are available in each of our ranges from Clearway to Sarum-T.

This means we can make them suitable for portable audio, or for more higher end systems.

For cable enquiries contact: Sales@chord.co.uk

Chord Co website: www.chord.co.uk

for those of us in the US, Moon Audio is also selling appropriate cables for this.

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #14,246 of 22,475
Interesting. Can't find dual bnc to 3.5 anywhere though on chord co?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #14,247 of 22,475
probably why Chord Co. have stated to contact them direct regarding 'cable enquiries'... also, it is a new cable(s) so probably has to be photographed in all the different cable ranges, the marketing added, then it all has to be uploaded to the website.

give people a chance, I only asked about the development today & struck lucky by finding out that things are ready.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #14,248 of 22,475

I tried to say earlier on iPad but post locked up after four words, then wouldn't edit or delete, I'll try again on PC...……

Either I'm having a bad day, or your maths are a bit suspect!

Sep 13, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #14,250 of 22,475
I used a currency converter USD>GBP, Paypal would be in Dollars.,, if you're having probs mate, email them.

Not currencies, just first amount minus 2nd didn't equal third (either currency!) No probs, I was just making a joke, it's clear on their website.

PS - OT First points of season for you tomorrow?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back