Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #10,022 of 22,475
I am disappointed in spite of the issues w Poly that no announcement was made.

Turning mojo into a portable music player w hundreds of hi res files on SD card without losing Mojo quality is terrific.

My wife keeps asking, “You want one, don’t you?” to which I’ve always said, “Gotta wait to hear about 2Go!”

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #10,023 of 22,475
...And those who like extra amplification can tailer the sound all they want if they have to.
...and no chance for me to argue them out of it! :angry:

But a closer look at the specs shows «output impedance 0.025 ohms», which indicates that it uses the same headphone-capable output stage as the Hugo₂. So no justification for diluting the pristine Hugo₂ sound nonetheless, you just need an adapter. :wink: And of course a digital source with volume control.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #10,027 of 22,475
...and no chance for me to argue them out of it! :angry:

But a closer look at the specs shows «output impedance 0.025 ohms», which indicates that it uses the same headphone-capable output stage as the Hugo₂. So no justification for diluting the pristine Hugo₂ sound nonetheless, you just need an adapter. :wink: And of course a digital source with volume control.
Don't give up. Tell them to wait for the vaunted digital amps.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #10,030 of 22,475
Don't give up. Tell them to wait for the vaunted digital amps.
I believe they're only compatible with the DAVE – through its dual BNC outputs for «future unannounced products».

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #10,031 of 22,475
What are briefly those problems of the Poly?
Thanks in advance!
Mainly relating to the initial operating/network software needing fine tuning, plus the IOS and android apps are not yet released. Recently it has been identified that some Mojos have difficulty outputting a high enough voltage, to trigger the Poly to wake up, and the connecting to a network.
These issues are gradually being cured with software updates, but it is taking longer than originally expected.
Check the Poly thread for more detailed explanations.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #10,032 of 22,475
err id rather not

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #10,034 of 22,475
Can I ask why? Sorry if I’ve missed the reason previously
Sure you may ask why!
The reason it's important is ADC's have large amounts of noise shaper noise, starting at about 25 khz; this increases rapidly, so the higher sample rate has a lot of out of band noise. And this noise is artificial, and because it is random, creates noise floor modulation in the analogue electronics. So filtering this noise out makes it sound smoother. The higher the sample rate, the worse it becomes, and the more obvious the HF filter becomes.
Davina, the ADC project, won't suffer from this, as the noise shaper noise will start increasing above the 768 khz sample rate. It's one of the many benefits that Davina will have.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #10,035 of 22,475
Hi!
I wonder if there's someone here who bought Hugo 2 to use it mainly with a smartphone? I´ve read that for many it's a waste of money. Can I ask your opinion?
In addition, isn't Hugo 2 too much for someone who's starting in this head-fi world?
Sorry for the simple questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back