Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Mar 22, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #2,101 of 22,472
Do we have a ship date for Hugo 2????

This is exactly what many people would like to know. Even a few new pictures on the new Hugo 2 would be more interesting than having to see 10 pages everyday of too-technical questions :blush:. C'mon guys, we don't even have the products at hand yet. Stop talking about turning it into a space shuttle :grin:

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #2,102 of 22,472
  Do we have a ship date for Hugo 2????

Chord have decided to abandon Hugo2 and work instead on some of the suggestions posted on this forum.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #2,104 of 22,472
so hugo2 will never exist now? my love story is over before it even began. the hopes, the anticipated tweaks, the lack of galvanic isolation all for nothing...............
frown.gif
weep.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #2,107 of 22,472

Chord have decided to abandon Hugo2 and work instead on some of the suggestions posted on this forum.

​Or it could have been worse, Rob Watts became a flaming Chord fan boy and thus none of the famous Watts designs ever got created.

Mar 22, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #2,109 of 22,472
Will the remote control of the Hugo2 allow volume control? So can connect it directly to a power amp and control the volume from your chair?

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

No doubt the remote will change volume, crazy if it didn't.  I hope every command can be executed though, from input to filters etc... 

Sent from my eMac using gimp.

Mar 22, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #2,110 of 22,472
Do we know an official release date yet? I know the first post says late March and the preorder from Moon Audio say available April. Im doing some travel early/mid April and cant decide if its worth preordering and hoping for the best or just waiting another few weeks

Mar 22, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #2,111 of 22,472
Just had a listening sesh with Mojo-->WA22-->LCD-4s and I can't even imagine what's gonna happen to my ears with the step up to Hugo 2. Like, it really gets better?? A lot? Other than some of the highs being a little fuzzy and soft via Mojo, I can't find another fault. Eh..vocals sound a little grainy maybe. Anyway, what should I expect? Less digital more natural sound? Wider soundstage or more space between instruments? I'm all set to buy Hugo 2 at Chord's booth at CanJam in a few weeks, but my brain is having a hard time fathoming what better performance than Mojo is like. Please help.

Edit: I really don't wanna lose any bass impact or extension. I know how it goes in this head-fi game, the more you spend the less bass you get for some god awful reason. Kick drums start sounding like the noise it makes when you pat your knee along to a beat. Ridiculous.

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #2,112 of 22,472
Just had a listening sesh with Mojo-->WA22-->LCD-4s and I can't even imagine what's gonna happen to my ears with the step up to Hugo 2. Like, it really gets better?? A lot? Other than some of the highs being a little fuzzy and soft via Mojo, I can't find another fault. Eh..vocals sound a little grainy maybe. Anyway, what should I expect? Less digital more natural sound? Wider soundstage or more space between instruments? I'm all set to buy Hugo 2 at Chord's booth at CanJam in a few weeks, but my brain is having a hard time fathoming what better performance than Mojo is like. Please help.

Edit: I really don't wanna lose any bass impact or extension. I know how it goes in this head-fi game, the more you spend the less bass you get for some god awful reason. Kick drums start sounding like the noise it makes when you pat your knee along to a beat. Ridiculous.

Better definition of individual instruments in large ensembles.  I noticed that with the Hugo1.  I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #2,113 of 22,472
If Hugo2 is meant to be a portable DAC then why wasn't solid state storage or SD Cards integrated to allow it to be a DAP. For me I plan to use my QP1R as a storage device via optical line out to the HUGO2 for my HEK and use the QP1R alone as a DAP for my IEMs and WIFI to use TIDAL with my iPhone?? But why didn't Chord not integrate all of this into the Hugo??

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #2,114 of 22,472
Forgot to ask, will this Toslink to MiniPlug have any advantage over a cheap $6 cable to connect my QP1R optical line out to the Hugo2?? If it just a digital signal, my understanding is that it either works and is decided or not. Some claim glass fibers are better than plastic or the opposite. Snake oil or fact?? See below site.

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=365&osCsid=oq9tp7e2dcgtm73rjg0u2c8jq0

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #2,115 of 22,472
Feeling touchy? The whole point of Hugo is that it doesn't. Looks like you're the one who has a little bit of reading to do.

So, is it or is it not a headphone amplifier? Chord seems to think it is a headphone amplifier. You had best advise them ASAP if they are wrong, so they can change their website, advertising material, etc.... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back