Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Aug 8, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #13,801 of 22,475
Hooster, I am going to surmise you have selective reading so would like to point out a few things to reassure you regarding Hugo-2...

Hugo-2 is covered by a three-year Warranty so if anything goes wrong in that period take the unit to your dealer and it will be fixed (please ensure your product has been registered via the Chord website: www.chordelectronics.co.uk)... after the Warranty-period lapses and in the unlikely event something goes wrong with your Hugo-2 you can contact your Dealer for help or contact Chord direct for assistance/advice via 'info@chordelectronics.co.uk'.

though at present you cannot buy batteries, a replacement battery is available if things go wrong you just have to contact your Dealer/Chord for support, hope that clarifies things.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #13,802 of 22,475
I think that's the main reason I'm waiting for 2go. If there is at least one SD card space, I'll be at least, able to A/B USB vs an indernal disconnected source. It'll also give me a portable option in case my QP1R's in the shop.
The unofficial photos that JF posted at the time of CES 2018 showed two SD card spaces.
I assume that is still the case, but we will only know for sure when the 2Go is officially released.

Aug 8, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #13,803 of 22,475
Hooster, I am going to surmise you have selective reading so would like to point out a few things to reassure you regarding Hugo-2...

Hugo-2 is covered by a three-year Warranty so if anything goes wrong in that period take the unit to your dealer and it will be fixed (please ensure your product has been registered via the Chord website: www.chordelectronics.co.uk)... after the Warranty-period lapses and in the unlikely event something goes wrong with your Hugo-2 you can contact your Dealer for help or contact Chord direct for assistance/advice via 'info@chordelectronics.co.uk'.

though at present you cannot buy batteries, a replacement battery is available if things go wrong you just have to contact your Dealer/Chord for support, hope that clarifies things.

3 year for Hugo 2 warranty.

However, its 18 months for the battery warranty. However I do expect they will last much longer than 2 years, especially if used in desktop mode, plus rob said it can work without a battery. Which was one of his goals, to make sure it could still work if the battery died.

There should be no need to worry about batteries, its likely that by the time they die, folk will have transitioned onto something else entirely.

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #13,805 of 22,475
Thanks. I appreciate it.

While I’m waiting I’m trying an Amazon cheapie.

With the value and manufacturing of Hugo 2, I just wanted the Chord AC adapter.

I appreciate the responses.

Now to debate how to give my favorite company my money ...2Go? M Scaler?

Now that the M Scaler is available I would have thought it is a no brainer. Knowing how game changing the M Scaler is, how can you do without it?

On that note, does Chord have any plans to offer a discount if the M Scaler is purchased with a DAC such as the Hugo2? I am sure that would be a very popular option.

What is the deal regarding that Chord AC adapter? Is there a shortage?

Aug 9, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #13,806 of 22,475
On that note, does Chord have any plans to offer a discount if the M Scaler is purchased with a DAC such as the Hugo2? I am sure that would be a very popular option.

Talk to your dealer and negotiate a discount. Multi buys are always good for negotiation . . . .

Aug 9, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #13,811 of 22,475
he most certainly will... Peter did the right thing, he had a problem with his Dealer so he contacted the Distributor who alerted Chord and the problem got resolved.,,, following the correct pathway always gets a result.

Thanks. Knowing these pathways is very useful... Perhaps Chord should start selling direct to save all the time, effort and expense involved with dealers and distributors. I think direct sales would be a win win, for Chord and the customers.

Aug 9, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #13,812 of 22,475
say you forked out £15k on a Choral system from the other side of the world and when you got it you didn't like the sound, what then?... eBay?

there maybe be a argument for internet sales of small products but over a certain price you do need a Dealer-network to show off your wares, especially when your products tend to be hi-end... obviously in my opinion and not Chord's.

Aug 9, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #13,813 of 22,475
oops! my bad... have a audio-visual reward, enjoy.

Is it string cheese or is it.

upload_2018-8-9_11-4-39.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back