Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Aug 8, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #13,786 of 22,516
:smile_phones:Strange enough, the only AC that keeps it in desktop is the Chord original... I ordered one from a dealer, $59, hadn’t heard back after a week, emailed again and then again the next day, then they responded by sending a international AC adapter that’s non micro USB. ($6 from Amazon). Not the Chord replacement... No response again from them so I’m just trying to see if there’s another I can get one soon. I don’t like the constant use w/o desk top mode.

sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your Dealer, hopefully things will be rectified favourably soon...you did the correct thing and contacted Chord's Distributor via their online form.

Chord had a message from their Distributor yesterday saying they were handling the problem so things should be sorted shortly.

If anyone is having problems or needs support please contact Chord's dedicated email: info@chordelectronics.co.uk alternatively feel free to pm me.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #13,787 of 22,516
Thanks. I appreciate it.

While I’m waiting I’m trying an Amazon cheapie.

With the value and manufacturing of Hugo 2, I just wanted the Chord AC adapter.

I appreciate the responses.

Now to debate how to give my favorite company my money ...2Go? M Scaler?

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #13,788 of 22,516
no contest, 2go will improve sq a bit, but mscaler a lot! Plus mscaler is available.

If I listen with poly, the sq is good.
But if I listen to hugo2, with cheap iPhone source (second hand) on airplane mode, the sq is much better overall then poly - as hugo is doing a good job.
I’d say this will roll true for mscaler too.
I can live with 32gb on music on the phone as easy to swap it out.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #13,789 of 22,516
no contest, 2go will improve sq a bit, but mscaler a lot! Plus mscaler is available.

If I listen with poly, the sq is good.
But if I listen to hugo2, with cheap iPhone source (second hand) on airplane mode, the sq is much better overall then poly - as hugo is doing a good job.
I’d say this will roll true for mscaler too.
I can live with 32gb on music on the phone as easy to swap it out.

2go gives better sq ?

Maybe I missed something regarding 2Go’s abilities ? But I can’t see why a streamer addon will be better than Hugo 2 via usb or dual coax port as is.

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #13,790 of 22,516
2go gives better sq ?

Maybe I missed something regarding 2Go’s abilities ? But I can’t see why a streamer addon will be better than Hugo 2 via usb or dual coax port as is.
A quality source or network streamer will reduce RF (compared with rf noisy computer )which should result in better sq.

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #13,791 of 22,516
A quality source or network streamer will reduce RF (compared with rf noisy computer )which should result in better sq.

A network source reduce RF. it’s doubtful that wifi will beat a wire. But who knows, it may do so.

USB for me is extremely quiet to the point where I don’t hear anything.

I don’t know if its because all the internal cables are shielded, along with the mobo itself or, if its because my psu is digital and could possibly be better at eliminating interference compared to normal analogue psu’s. USB for me is the King connection for my H2. Also, music for me is straight from a SSD and also cached in ram before playback.

Hopefully 2go does sound better as that will be a boost to H2 owners.

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #13,792 of 22,516
I'm excited for the 2go coz (I assume) there's an SD card you can load in and play music from so theres a better connection vs my other option that is the ultraRendu + LPS + NAS. I'll also be able to untether myself from the wires. I don't have to deal with interference between devices that happens when in a wired situation.

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #13,793 of 22,516
I'm excited for the 2go coz (I assume) there's an SD card you can load in and play music from so theres a better connection vs my other option that is the ultraRendu + LPS + NAS. I'll also be able to untether myself from the wires. I don't have to deal with interference between devices that happens when in a wired situation.
I’d have thought ultrarendu would be a better source - in just guessing obviously as I’ve no experience.
I wonder if anyone had compared poly with microrendo or ultrarendu?
Is your ultrarendu direct usb connected to dac?

Aug 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #13,796 of 22,516
I think that's the main reason I'm waiting for 2go. If there is at least one SD card space, I'll be at least, able to A/B USB vs an indernal disconnected source. It'll also give me a portable option in case my QP1R's in the shop.

Aug 8, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #13,797 of 22,516
I'd go for Blu-2 for the CD/Mscaler combo... :smiley:
If I could, I'd just go for the CD-less scaler, as all my music is on HDs. But for me, the 2go-when and if it comes out, is my first priority. @Mojo ideas is the first person/company owner who even acknowledged my accessable needs, and I feel I owe it to Chord to try 2go.

Aug 8, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #13,799 of 22,516
at present you will have to go to your Chord-Dealer to get replacement batteries for Mojo/Hugo.

Chord do not yet supply batteries for Hugo2 and they would be surprised if any would need replacing for a long time yet that said, things are in hand to eventually work something out for replacement batteries in the future.

if you need any further advice please contact Chord's dedicated email for support: info@chordelectronics.co.uk

Many thanks...

Aug 8, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #13,800 of 22,516
I think that's the main reason I'm waiting for 2go. If there is at least one SD card space, I'll be at least, able to A/B USB vs an indernal disconnected source. It'll also give me a portable option in case my QP1R's in the shop.

Person of modest means here. Sold QP1R to help fund H2. Prefer to 50/50 listening time with headphones/speakers, but still hunting for small powered desktop speakers for my setup - Macbook, H2, and external USB HD's. Desire to completely bypass powered speakers internal DAC and solely use H2's DAC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back