Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 8, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #9,271 of 22,537
If you ask me, then 20 Watts is a bit of a no man's land. Too much for headphones and not enough for speakers.
Not sure whether I agree, I have a passlabs xa30.8 with nominal 30w. This guy bashes the b&w pm1 extremely well ...

Dec 8, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #9,272 of 22,537
don't know if I noticed anyone's opinion/preferences with the crossfade filter?

There was another bloke that commented about the slight bass boost with cross-feed earlier in the thread.

I don't want to harp on it though - it's just an observation, not really a complaint.

I'm happy with cross-feed off with bass heavy music.

If I'm listening to music that isn't bass heavy, it's easy enough for me to switch cross-feed to blue. Sounds great either way !

Dec 8, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #9,273 of 22,537
  • 2Go
  • TT2
  • Digital Amp
  • ...with a long shot standalone M-Scaler
..thats my guess (hope).

Yes, the release of new Chord products is always something to look forward to. But I do hope that annoucements are sensible and do not raise expectations beyond what Chord can be sure they can deliver on. This year’s highlights were the release of the Blu mk 2 (which I fully expect to buy next year) and the Hugo 2 (which I bought and am still bowled over by just how good it is). But the release of the Poly did not go quite so well, and I hope Chord have learned some lessons from that. I hope they have as this will be relevant to the release of the 2Go, which I am very much looking forward to.

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #9,274 of 22,537
Yes, the release of new Chord products is always something to look forward to. But I do hope that annoucements are sensible and do not raise expectations beyond what Chord can be sure they can deliver on. This year’s highlights were the release of the Blu mk 2 (which I fully expect to buy next year) and the Hugo 2 (which I bought and am still bowled over by just how good it is). But the release of the Poly did not go quite so well, and I hope Chord have learned some lessons from that. I hope they have as this will be relevant to the release of the 2Go, which I am very much looking forward to.
Sorry guys but several of those products might not even be on our radar yet. Though they might be!
The release of Poly is although difficult it’s actually going okay for what we are trying to achieve! which after all is a fully open system mobile streaming unit.
Undoubtably we’ve had issues to fix but, these were mostly expected, but we could only access the necessary feedback info in the way we have done. This required a truly massive sampling of customers for us to address them all and we have been working working through each and every one of them We understand the currently disgruntled customers and have been very greatful for all of there feedback and the extraordinary help some of the expert posters have provided. I would like to assure them. We have another software update coming very soon which will sort quite a few more and then the Gofigure App will follow as it is almost ready for release too.

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #9,276 of 22,537
Perfect for HifiMan HE6 and Susvara, or the Abyss!

Now you have me curious to know if the H2 has enough welly for the HE560?

64c83c029693dbed684c3dbb6bba63b4--hunter-shoes-pink-hunter-boots.jpg

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #9,279 of 22,537
for Relic,

can you guide me towards the dual bnc outputs on dave i had a close look and can only see the bnc inputs. thanks mk.

Dec 8, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #9,281 of 22,537

Imo, the Poly is a bigger release than the Hugo 2. I haven't touched the Hugo 2 for a month now :p

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #9,282 of 22,537
Imo, the Poly is a bigger release than the Hugo 2. I haven't touched the Hugo 2 for a month now :p
I tend to agree since I unexpectedly bought mojopoly it is much more convenient to use it right now both on the go and in home; instead of Hugo2 with my limited transport abilities and the sound is subjectively better then Hugo2. I right now attach mojopoly to power amp and it plays streaming and sd card operated by phone with phone volume control . People using streaming services do not need anything more then power amp to get great sound. Waiting for 2go just to check how it transforms hugo 2:)

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #9,283 of 22,537
instead of Hugo2 with my limited transport abilities and the sound is subjectively better then Hugo2.

Mojo/Poly sounds exactly like the Mojo. I, personally, can’t wrap my head around how anyone can claim it sounds better than the Hugo2. Of course subjective perceptions not withstanding. More convenient, absolutely.

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #9,284 of 22,537
Really? In any event, why would you want to take digital out of Dave. I though the whole point of Dave was digital to analogue conversion.

Again, it was said the BNC output was for the digital amp.... no analogue.

I don’t know exactly how it works either. Here’s a thought...... let’s wait for the release to know the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back