Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Nov 1, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #8,701 of 22,467
Well I completely missed that rumour. Are you sure about that because it doesn't make much sense? We already have the TT amp which is the amp for the TT version of Hugo. It will no doubt also do nicely for the eventual Hugo2TT.

Hugo 2 is a portable headphone amp/DAC and I don't see either the need or the logic of a dedicated amp for the portable Hugo 2 especially as there is already the TT amp that can be used if the Hugo 2 is used in desktop mode.

On the other hand you may be right. Have you got the post where Rob Watts said this?
I remember that Chord were supposed to be coming out with some sort of new digital amp, maybe in the next couple of years. I think the idea was a more powerful amp without imposing a degrading sonic blanket over the Chord DACs, such as other amps do. No links leading to posts; just going by memory.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #8,702 of 22,467
I remember that Chord were supposed to be coming out with some sort of new digital amp, maybe in the next couple of years. I think the idea was a more powerful amp without imposing a degrading sonic blanket over the Chord DACs, such as other amps do. No links leading to posts; just going by memory.

Are you referring to the TToby:

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/ttoby/

Nov 2, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #8,703 of 22,467

No, @UELong is referring to Rob’s digital power amp he’s working on. Read up on it in the DAVE thread (search ‘digital amp’, and posts by ‘rob watts’, and check ‘search this thread only’).

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-dave.766517/page-123#post-12382061

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-dave.766517/page-231#post-12684969

I have no idea what this rumoured new Hugo amp is.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #8,704 of 22,467
No, @UELong is referring to Rob’s digital power amp he’s working on. Read up on it in the DAVE thread (search ‘digital amp’, and posts by ‘rob watts’, and check ‘search this thread only’).

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-dave.766517/page-123#post-12382061

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-dave.766517/page-231#post-12684969

I have no idea what this rumoured new Hugo amp is.
Yes, that's where I read of it. Couldn't remember for sure, but it was on the DAVE thread. I read quite a bit of the DAVE when we were all waiting for Hugo2. Lots of interesting posts over there.

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #8,705 of 22,467
Sorry if this has been posted before as I didn't have time to read through all of this.

Just gotten my H2 two days ago. Plugged it via USB into my Macbook Pro 15 Retina 2012 model with latest OS X ...and it recognizes the device as Mojo instead. Same thing happen on a windows PC on Windows 10 using the chord drivers. Emailed Chord and they responded saying it's a faulty unit and ask me to send in for replacement.

I was taken back a bit that it came right out of the box being faulty as I was hoping it was related to settings or driver.

Anyone had experience this before? I am just hoping that it is not as I waited 3 months for my unit and a real disappointment that I had to send it back within a day!

Thanks.

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #8,706 of 22,467
When i got my H2 i just made the connections to it, and used the same driver from the Mojo already installed. Working like a champ no problems at all.

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #8,707 of 22,467
Sorry if this has been posted before as I didn't have time to read through all of this.

Just gotten my H2 two days ago. Plugged it via USB into my Macbook Pro 15 Retina 2012 model with latest OS X ...and it recognizes the device as Mojo instead. Same thing happen on a windows PC on Windows 10 using the chord drivers. Emailed Chord and they responded saying it's a faulty unit and ask me to send in for replacement.

I was taken back a bit that it came right out of the box being faulty as I was hoping it was related to settings or driver.

Anyone had experience this before? I am just hoping that it is not as I waited 3 months for my unit and a real disappointment that I had to send it back within a day!

Thanks.
Sorry to hear your problem. I guess your unit got a wrong chip (made for Mojo). Hope you get a replacement right away.

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #8,709 of 22,467
Wondering what else from mojo installed into H2?
I believe they use the same FPGA chip. I guess it is possible to mix up a chip burnt with Mojo software and another with H2 software.

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #8,711 of 22,467
With windows, who knows

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #8,713 of 22,467
Who knows I just dislike windows and pc’s

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #8,714 of 22,467
Who knows I just dislike windows and pc’s

While others are fructose intolerant and prefer some fresh air!

200.webp

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #8,715 of 22,467
Just an update for anyone struggling with linking their Chord Device with Android Phones

In order to run bandcamp/youtube/etc through your chord DAC you need to first change the setting in UAPP to "PLAY THROUGH ANDROID" and then it should work fine. It turns out UAPP blocks access to the port for other apps so long as the play through DAC option is selected. I also have better luck if I open the app, push play on whatever I want to listen to and then hook up the DAC to the phone with the DAC already on and ready to go. This fix should allow you to connect Chord DACs to the S8/S8+ without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back