Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Aug 22, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #7,412 of 22,516
we almost lost it there....good to be back. listening to devotion by courtney pine on bass clarinet. what a jazz master.

Aug 22, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #7,414 of 22,516
screws, lights, bass clarinets......what's the world coming to....:wrench::gear:

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #7,415 of 22,516
I've had a screw loose for a long time :)

Recommend Elgar cello concerto enigma variations Julian Lloyd Webber - beautiful through nighthawk and Hugo 2 green crossfeed, white filter. Odd thing about nighthawk is on first minute of listening you think they are too dark but after listening for 30 minutes they sound perfect.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #7,417 of 22,516
anyone notice that the remote doesn't power on if the H2 is not plugged into USB power? great to know it won't turn on automatically when stashed in my new H2 transport bag!
IMG_2497.JPG

Aug 22, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #7,418 of 22,516
Can H2 power 2 headphones simultaneously? never did understand this.

Aug 23, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #7,420 of 22,516
I have been totally unable to get Hugo 2 to work with SPDIF/COAX. The system I used with Hugo 1 was:

ipod Classic > Cypher Labs DB > SPDIF Cable > Hugo

This system worked flawless for years but with the Hugo 2 I can't get a connection with the Cypher Labs. The SPDIF cable I am using is custom made with RCA and 3.5MM termination. I wonder if anyone is using Hugo 2 with SPDIF with success.

Aug 23, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #7,421 of 22,516
I have been totally unable to get Hugo 2 to work with SPDIF/COAX. The system I used with Hugo 1 was:

This system worked flawless for years but with the Hugo 2 I can't get a connection with the Cypher Labs. The SPDIF cable I am using is custom made with RCA and 3.5MM termination. I wonder if anyone is using Hugo 2 with SPDIF with success.

Try a different cable. You could also try connecting your cable to another dac and see if that works. If it works there and not with Hugo2, then contact your dealer for further assistance.

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #7,422 of 22,516

Have you selected the correct input?
Sometimes I switch between usb and optical and forget to select optical, using the balls or remote.

Aug 23, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #7,423 of 22,516
Yes I am sure I have already set the correct input. In fact I have cycled all input choices from USD, COAX1, COAX2, etc. just to make sure this is not the problem. I have emailed Matt at Chord and he suggested using a monocable.

Aug 23, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #7,424 of 22,516
Thank you, Rob and Mr Mojo for giving us such a fine piece of game-changing-digital-classic "again"!
Got my H2 since early August, glad to report that it hasn't given me anything but hours of joy. I understand what I hear from my system and in my head is probably different to anyone else. But the difference between the Hugo and H2 are very clear. If the source is good, there's really no limit to how good the H2 could sound!
I thought that my Hugo was well served by my iMac with Pure Music but, the H2 demonstrated to me what a cleaner source can bring. It literally demanded me to improve my source. It revealed new boundaries that I didn't know possible. I'm now running the H2 with the Sonore microRendu, the cleaner the source the bigger the difference. It's that simple. The H2 is so refined and clean (it is quieter than anything else I have) anything you change in the audio chain you'll be sure to hear the difference. I'm now looking for more ways to improve my source and, still looking forward to discovering more from the H2. Thanks again to John and Rob!

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #7,425 of 22,516
Yes I am sure I have already set the correct input. In fact I have cycled all input choices from USD, COAX1, COAX2, etc. just to make sure this is not the problem. I have emailed Matt at Chord and he suggested using a monocable.
Mono and stereo cables both work in my case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back