Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Aug 21, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #7,396 of 22,475
"Hugo 2 isn't that much better than the Hugo 1, just slight improvements."

"You gotta be kidding me" is a common North American colloquialism, but over the pond we say "you're having a laugh". Both may be applied in this instance...

I haven't heard it yet since no shop has it in stock yet. I read it in some reviews so I was wondering if it was true :p

But I will give the Hugo 2 a listen when I have the chance.

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #7,397 of 22,475
Hi mk over the weekend I've been comparing the almost universally acclaimed senhieser hd 650 with my aq nighthawks. At first I liked the hd650, they gave me some of the excitement and dynamics I thought were missing in my nighthawks. However, listening for longer periods wth the hd650 I noticed the bass was a fair bit lighter than the nighthawks and they sounded a little hard and edgy in comparison. If anything the experience has made me appreciate just how good the nighthawks are.

Robs watts recommendation for mr speakers aeon might also be worth a try.

I can attest, ÆON sounded great out of Mojo and life changing out of Hugo 2.

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #7,402 of 22,475
That shop is the Swiss distributor as well. It can't hurt to have a brief listen! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Unfortunately the DAVE alone isn't the nec plus ultra anymore.

Aug 22, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #7,404 of 22,475
if u listen to the dave you will want to buy it...be forewarned

Aug 22, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #7,405 of 22,475
straight from chord any leaking of light between the case partitions is totally normal. apparently it can't be designed otherwise. any seal placed would be impossible due to soldered connectors. no worries at all after mike's photo of that light leaking through.

hugo 2 undercover detective signing out!! :spy::spy::spy:

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #7,406 of 22,475
straight from chord any leaking of light between the case partitions is totally normal. apparently it can't be designed otherwise. any seal placed would be impossible due to soldered connectors. no worries at all after mike's photo of that light leaking through.

hugo 2 undercover detective signing out!! :spy::spy::spy:
I did state that I didn't regard it as a problem for me.

Aug 22, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #7,407 of 22,475
i had to take h2 to my dealer to tighten a small screw. the light issue was bugging me so i decided to kill two birds with one stone and get the official answer about the light. rob also confirmed this was all good too. i feel like i'm finally seeing things in a new light now especially with regards to unwanted worries regarding h2.:sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

Aug 22, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #7,408 of 22,475
phew we can rest easy now.

Aug 22, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #7,409 of 22,475
i had to take h2 to my dealer to tighten a small screw. the light issue was bugging me so i decided to kill two birds with one stone and get the official answer about the light. rob also confirmed this was all good too. i feel like i'm finally seeing things in a new light now especially with regards to unwanted worries regarding h2.:sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

That is great to hear. Nice of you to stay positive after having 2 defective units.

Regarding the light leakage, I don't think it is a big deal. I do however find Chord's excuse very lame. They could easily have designed Hugo2 in a way that would prevented this.

Aug 22, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #7,410 of 22,475
what? we can't rest easy now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back