Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
May 6, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #3,361 of 22,546
Those who sold their DAC to get the money to get Hugo 2....
"Only themselves to blame."

The pedantic "I told you so" noted.

Sometimes hungry people hold greater appreciation for the meal.

On topic: I am hearing June shipping US.

On topic: reviewer who only had noisy 30 minutes: thanks for posting You can't control the noise. Better to share impressions under less than ideal conditions than to not share impressions, especially with those of us who still read here waiting for Hugo 2.

On topic: As to sounding like portable DAVE... more people who had heard it feel this way. It is very exciting and it is their impression.

We are weeks away...

Last edited by a moderator:
May 7, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #3,365 of 22,546
:rainbow:thanks Hooster.

May 7, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #3,367 of 22,546
can someone confirm hugo 2 comes with the right charger and charging cable. on the website it does say 2 amp usb charger and 1.5m micro usb cable. is that the right combo for charging hugo2?

May 7, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #3,368 of 22,546
Come on, really ?

May 7, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #3,370 of 22,546
Come on, really ?

Agree.

So if Chord products didn't exist you can't enjoy music! Its an expensive luxury. I want one & even though I have plenty of free cash now I'm in my 50's (having paid off my mortgage) I still can't justify it to myself. A Chord Mojo or even my new Fiio X5III is perfectly fine to enjoy quality audio reproduction with decent ear/headphones.

I remember when I was a student I was into Cameras and spent silly on expensive kit leaving me not much else. Many of us do stuff like this until we get wiser/more mature or so wealthy that $2000 is no big deal.

Sounds like you have a tough life. I hope you get your Hugo2 soon and it will help you get through your days.

I actually find this reply obscene! Anybody able to even consider buying a Hugo 2 has certainly not had a Tough Life (in financial terms).

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #3,371 of 22,546
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:people pay a premium for the hugo 2 for the subtleties it can uncover and dig out in various genres of music that lower priced products simply just cannot do. whether someone pays the extra for this added quality is their prerogative and no one should try to influence them otherwise. It's a free world last i checked. As to whether someone can afford or not afford a hugo 2 the very fact that in the present they can afford one is no indication as to their previous financial situation especially when you consider that postgrad students take 5 yrs to complete a BA then MA then the whole understanding of money comes money goes takes on a whole new dimension sending the present discussion into oblivion as having very little meaning on reflection. Oh and Hooster i mentioned nothing about a hard life that was your little invention.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

to conclude: If you own a Chord Hugo but are tight on cash. Don’t listen to the Chord Hugo 2.:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #3,372 of 22,546
can someone confirm hugo 2 comes with the right charger and charging cable. on the website it does say 2 amp usb charger and 1.5m micro usb cable. is that the right combo for charging hugo2?

No worried. You're referring to Charging: Nominal four (4) hours via Micro USB at 1.8amps (fast charge) – Nominal eight (8) hours at 1amp (slow charge). If you're new to Chord, they're known for excellence and attention to detail.

The response takes the same energy as it does to post insult.

Musickid, to learn more go through the thread here...a few people have been able to listen to H2 and are quite excited.

May 7, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #3,373 of 22,546
Agree.

So if Chord products didn't exist you can't enjoy music! Its an expensive luxury. I want one & even though I have plenty of free cash now I'm in my 50's (having paid off my mortgage) I still can't justify it to myself. A Chord Mojo or even my new Fiio X5III is perfectly fine to enjoy quality audio reproduction with decent ear/headphones.

I remember when I was a student I was into Cameras and spent silly on expensive kit leaving me not much else. Many of us do stuff like this until we get wiser/more mature or so wealthy that $2000 is no big deal.

I actually find this reply obscene! Anybody able to even consider buying a Hugo 2 has certainly not had a Tough Life (in financial terms).

"Obscene" means "off stage." It refers to that which is private being displayed in public; acceptable in private.

I hope your moral sensibility is not too terribly offended at a lonely kid who treasures the comfort of music.

When did this forum turn into verbal bullies?

Last edited by a moderator:
May 7, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #3,374 of 22,546
Good news it seems everything needed to charge the hugo 2 is included. from the chord website:

2amp USB Charger
1.5m Micro USB Cable

are listed as included accessories.

also i just finished examining electron microscope images of FPGA logic cells at 28nm (similar to the Spartan 6 FPGA in Hugo2) on google images. i'm ready now.....:face_palm::face_palm::face_palm::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #3,375 of 22,546
This looks like it might be the offical Hugo 2 leather case

9937707_thumb.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/★...phone-festival-report-★.846734/#post-13472628

Users who are viewing this thread

Back