Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Mar 14, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #1,621 of 22,467
i auditioned the hugo and was beyond very impressed. ive also heard the mojo. if taking a gamble that the hugo 2 will sound better to a larger degree based on the evidence presented i am willing to take that chance that the hugo 2 will sound better than a hugo 1. so ive ordered a hugo 2. this has to be akin to betting on two horses in a race one with a significant head start. hardly a risk uzi2.

can someone confirm the anker power port 5 can charge the hugo 2. it gives out 2A into any device it charges. it has 5 ports each providing 2A. thanks mk

also will these pads benefit hugo 2?      [COLOR=22229C]http://www.audioserenity.co.uk/iso-9h-35/set-of-4-iso-9h-35-isolation-feet/[/COLOR]

I imagine that probably 99% of the readers of this thread have been unable to hear a Hugo 2 in the flesh, so it will be difficult to answer factually about whether those pads will benefit the Hugo 2. Any responses will be speculation, so better to wait a few weeks until you get your Hugo 2, and then you can base your decision on evidence.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #1,622 of 22,467
i know now that the hugo 2 comes with a 2A charger from website. overlooked that. i assume charging from an imac usb port is not an option?

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,623 of 22,467
  i know now that the hugo 2 comes with a 2A charger from website. overlooked that. i assume charging from an imac usb port is not an option?

Why would you want to do that? John Franks has just been on and given a clear explanation of the sophisticated charging options with the Hugo2 which may or may not interact with or depend on the charger supplied and here you are wondering if you can use an imac usb port.

Well the Hugo2 comes with a 2A charger. So, question to you. Does the imac usb port give 2A charging? I doubt it.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #1,624 of 22,467
I think I read somewhere that Rob Watts was wrapping up on the codes for the final product (of Hugo 2) to be displayed & demo at CanJam Singapore.  Anybody demo the Hugo 2 at CanJam Singapore? 
Also, any news on when the first batch reaches the North American shore?

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #1,625 of 22,467
no but it can supply 1.1A which would satisfy the requirements of low power charge which draws 1A. as ive never owned a chord product im on a steep learning curve here. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #1,626 of 22,467
  i auditioned the hugo and was beyond very impressed. ive also heard the mojo. if taking a gamble that the hugo 2 will sound better to a larger degree based on the evidence presented i am willing to take that chance that the hugo 2 will sound better than a hugo 1. so ive ordered a hugo 2. this has to be akin to betting on two horses in a race one with a significant head start. hardly a risk uzi2.

also will these pads benefit hugo 2?      http://www.audioserenity.co.uk/iso-9h-35/set-of-4-iso-9h-35-isolation-feet/

Buying a new cutting edge product before it has even been finalized is a risk. I am a lot more conservative, I would normally wait until a product has been on the market a year or so before I commit to a purchase.

If you like the feet, buy them. I use blu tack under most of my stuff... 

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #1,627 of 22,467

Well I do much of my listening using the Tidal HiFi streaming and I use Dave and don't consider that overkill for the Tidal service. I can clearly tell the improvement to the Tidal HiFi service by using Dave compared to the HugoTT or indeed compared to another competitors DAC costing ~ £10,000.

I have ordered the Blu2 CD/upscaler which I will mostly use with Tidal. I do not consider that will be overkill.

Notice that I haven't said anything about cables. Keep your money in your pocket and just make sure you have cables with decent plugs on the end. Save the money for towards a better DAC in due course.

Hi, what does the Blu2 do with Tidal that the Dave does not? Does Blu2 somehow improve the Tidal stream before it hands it over to DAVE? If so, the question arises why does Dave not just do that itself?

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #1,630 of 22,467
I have what seems to be some good SABRE chip DACS (Burson and Mytek).  Will be good to compare the Chord.  Don't think I've seen a DAC w/ a crossfeed function - seems for the most part to be an option on some amps like Decware and SPL.

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #1,631 of 22,467
Just put a Hugo 2 on preorder.  I hope it turns out to be a fantastic DAC for home.  Are there any others out there planning on using the Hugo2 as a main DAC for their desktop system?

About halfway there funds wise. Just gotta sell my speakers. Will be rocking this and my sometimes my tubeamp for my headphones then hopefully next year at income tax I'll be able to start rebuilding my speaker system

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #1,632 of 22,467

Hi, what does the Blu2 do with Tidal that the Dave does not? Does Blu2 somehow improve the Tidal stream before it hands it over to DAVE? If so, the question arises why does Dave not just do that itself?

I stream Tidal through an Auralic Aries which outputs a digital USB signal. The Blu2 has a USB input and it upscales that stream and outputs it it to the Dave which takes the upscaled signal and processes it. There are many explanations in detail around of what goes on so I will not attempt to reiterate them.

This is the link to the Chord website though,

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/product/blu-mk-2/

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #1,633 of 22,467

I stream Tidal through an Auralic Aries which outputs a digital USB signal. The Blu2 has a USB input and it upscales that stream and outputs it it to the Dave which takes the upscaled signal and processes it. There are many explanations in detail around of what goes on so I will not attempt to reiterate them.

This is the link to the Chord website though,

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/product/blu-mk-2/

Fascinating, thank you.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #1,635 of 22,467
Here I am!:blush:
Just sold my beloved black hugo and going to order (probably white) hugo2 for my home setup - leben cs 600 driving Spendor s100
For 2 years hugo has been the heart of this system with magnificent results. ....hope and guess hugo2 will be even better!

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  The Leben is a very nice amp to pair any DAC w/.  Hopefully the Hugo 2 pairs well w/ my Violectric V281.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back