CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Nov 18, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #24,961 of 25,866
hey guys. question. I have mu1 with a Dave. I also have an mscaler. I just found out he Dave aes is only 96khz???? this correct? I am currently running the mu1 direct to Dave... given the Rez limitation... best to leave at 2x? ALSO seems prob best to insert mscaler in chain? has anyone done this added mscaler to mu1 + Dave? sound better? and what cable did you use??? spidif out contains all the clock data from mu1?

just checked... when I switch to 4s it displays 176khz on the Dave display.... am I missing something? does the Dave AES do more then 96khz? manual: AES input 44.1 kHz to 96 kHz yet it displays higher????

thanks

Nov 19, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #24,962 of 25,866
anyone do direct comparison btw the mol mola T and an upgraded farad/Sean Dave???
I briefly compared MMT to stock DAVE at a dealer's, driven by MU1 and driving headphones.
They both sounded great, but it was not my objective to find a winner. All I needed to know was if there was a compelling reason to ditch my DAVE in favour of the MMT (or T+A 200) ... and there wasn't a compelling reason. Based on that admittedly brief comparison, I'd expect an upgraded DAVE to be the winner - based on all the comments of those who've done the p/s upgrades or Reactcore caps mod.

Regarding DAVE's AES input, it can reliably handle 192k. DAVE's spec is just being conservative/cautious as I stated in the other MU1 forum. There have been many cable recommendations on that other forum. My recommendation is the Sablon AES with Bocchino connectors. I suggest you read that thread from the beginning, which will answer all your questions, including the ones you haven't thought of yet :)

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #24,963 of 25,866
Has anyone listened to a Mojo 2 and compared it to the Dave and thought…. Hmmmm… 🤔

Nov 19, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #24,964 of 25,866
Has anyone listened to a Mojo 2 and compared it to the Dave and thought…. Hmmmm… 🤔
Yes, and it’s the difference between major and minor leagues.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #24,965 of 25,866
The Mojo 2 in dual bnc mode and at it’s price point is quite a disruptor.

Nov 19, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #24,966 of 25,866
fine product for 700 dollars but bo dave for sure

Nov 20, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #24,968 of 25,866
I have both. I listen to DAVE in the office and the Mojo in the living room. The DAVE out performs the Mojo by a noticeable margin. There is however one combo on the Mojo that I like overall for relaxed enjoyment and that is the Mojo2 plus an 0G Grado RS1. It’s what I keep in the living room and it also goes with me when I travel. It’s a combination that works really well for me.

Nov 20, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #24,969 of 25,866
I have both. I listen to DAVE in the office and the Mojo in the living room. The DAVE out performs the Mojo by a noticeable margin. There is however one combo on the Mojo that I like overall for relaxed enjoyment and that is the Mojo2 plus an 0G Grado RS1. It’s what I keep in the living room and it also goes with me when I travel. It’s a combination that works really well for me.
That’s a nice combo. I am gearing up to connect my MScaler to the Mojo 2 and see how that sounds . I’m back home from my travels shortly and I have a 3.5 to 2x BNC cable ordered. Should be interesting.🤔

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #24,970 of 25,866
That’s a nice combo. I am gearing up to connect my MScaler to the Mojo 2 and see how that sounds . I’m back home from my travels shortly and I have a 3.5 to 2x BNC cable ordered. Should be interesting.🤔
I look forward to your comments. I haven’t hooked it to my mscaler. I use hqplayer to upsample to 768k.

Nov 20, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #24,971 of 25,866
I had this same curiousity so i also tried it when i had another stock Dave, HMS and Mojo2 here.

20231117_094200.jpg

I must say little Mscaled M2 couldnt reach this Dave's level of room awareness and in direct comparison sounds a bit flatter but..
It got supprisingly fast. The power of the impact of instruments was noticably better vs M2 alone. Actually it felt like my Mscaled Qutest ..maybe a bit smoother with EQ off.
After i listened longer my brain adjusted and the combo became quite enjoyable.

It also gave me the opportunity to test more of running M2 out of Dave's DX outputs with and without Mscaler in the chain.
I noticed Dave also atennuates -3dB
At first i had no sound ..but it seemed i had my headphones plugged in Dave and it muted its DX outs.

20231117_100821.jpg

Nov 23, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #24,972 of 25,866
Since Qobuz is region locked , i had to use a vpn to create an account.
How did you manage to do this? I also live in a blocked region, and tried to get it to work, but couldn't, because I couldn't pay for it. Qobuz recognises that my card/PayPal is from an unsupported country, and won't accept it. If anyone knows a get-around for this, please let me know.

Nov 23, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #24,973 of 25,866
How did you manage to do this? I also live in a blocked region, and tried to get it to work, but couldn't, because I couldn't pay for it. Qobuz recognises that my card/PayPal is from an unsupported country, and won't accept it. If anyone knows a get-around for this, please let me know.
I've had a friend that lives in Austria create a family account and add me and a couple of friends. He uses his credit and manages the plan, we just transfer him our share of the cost.

Nov 23, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #24,974 of 25,866
I've had a friend that lives in Austria create a family account and add me and a couple of friends. He uses his credit and manages the plan, we just transfer him our share of the cost.
Thanks for the reply, Adrian. I could ask my sister in the UK if she could help me out with this, I guess. So she would make an account in her name, then I transfer money to her. I guess that could work if she's up for it.
It's so frustrating not to have Qobuz. Qobuz has a lot of Greek artists - whole libraries of Greek labels, and yet people in Greece can't access it.

Nov 25, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #24,975 of 25,866
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back