CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Nov 2, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #5,506 of 25,928
I'll go one step furher and offer to lend Rob a Focusrite Red 7 micpre, Rode Classic II valve mic, Beyer MC740 mic and Prism Orpheus ADCs for testing the Davina ADC in return for a lend of Blu II. .......I can drop them into East Farleigh?

Just a thought :slight_smile:

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #5,507 of 25,928
Had some friends stay over last week. One of them spent most of the time camped in my hifi room. Until now he has never shown an interest in hifi. The sound from the Dave was a complete revelation to him and by the time he was leaving he was already researching Mojo. Good to see a new convert.........

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #5,508 of 25,928
The sound from the Dave was a complete revelation to him and by the time he was leaving he was already researching Mojo. Good to see a new convert.........

i like it when a Hifi setup/Chord setup make people convert from ear buds :' )

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #5,510 of 25,928
I have been absent for a while from this thread. But I know that you did talk about the Focal Utopia and the AudioQuest NightHawk paired with the DAVE a while ago. I wonder if anyone had the chance to compare them? Or if there is a recommendation for a neutral headphone that pairs well with the DAVE?

Edit: I am aware that this question probably has been answered before. Sorry for bringing it up again.

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #5,511 of 25,928
I have been absent for a while from this thread. But I know that you did talk about the Focal Utopia and the AudioQuest NightHawk paired with the DAVE a while ago. I wonder if anyone had the chance to compare them? Or if there is a recommendation for a neutral headphone that pairs well with the DAVE?

Edit: I am aware that this question probably has been answered before. Sorry for bringing it up again.

The NightHawks are supposedly one of Rob Watts' favourite headphones, so you have to suspect that a lot of the testing during the Dave's design was done with him wearing the NightHawks.

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #5,512 of 25,928
Hi john,I'm sure we all understand how busy yòu and Rob are,and are very grateful for all the input you guys put on here.ps IF you would like me to home beta the blu 2,just drop me a pm on here,I'd be more than willing to help you guy's out:smiling_imp:
Let me know when you'll be dropping by our rooms at the CES and we can arrange it:ok_hand:

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #5,513 of 25,928

As of November 1st NightHawks are on a special sale price for $350 USD.

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #5,514 of 25,928
when used as a DAC only ( NOT considering the Headphone out), how will you position DAVE in the HUGO and TT family ?

I owe Mojo & HUGO and (among other DACS) I am considering the DAVE or the TT as my next upgrade to drive my BHSE + StaxSR009: assuming HUGO's SQ was 100, how much will be the TT and the DAVE ?

Thanks

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #5,515 of 25,928
As of November 1st NightHawks are on a special sale price for $350 USD.

I actually noticed that yesterday. (And ended up starting a new thread about the NightHawk Carbon, ironically a few hours before the official sponsor thread was posted and made mine redundant.) Do you know if it is only a temporary sale? I assumed the price had gone down and wouldn't go up again, as is the norm with many headphones.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #5,516 of 25,928

I actually noticed that yesterday. (And ended up starting a new thread about the NightHawk Carbon, ironically a few hours before the official sponsor thread was posted and made mine redundant.) Do you know if it is only a temporary sale? I assumed the price had gone down and wouldn't go up again, as is the norm with many headphones.

is it just a us deal?

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #5,519 of 25,928
As I recently received my LAu (Liquid Gold) I can share my thoughts that I recently replied to a PM where I shared this.

"So, after some brief time listening to the LAu compared to the DAVE's headphone out I can say the LAu indeed adds it's own sound, not as transparent. [...]."

I have noticed the same thing with the LAu and my TotalDAC. It colors the sound a bit too much for my taste (ie. loss of transparency and details). I did not have that experience at all with my GS-X mk2.

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #5,520 of 25,928
  I have noticed the same thing with the LAu and my TotalDAC. It colors the sound a bit too much for my taste (ie. loss of transparency and details). I did not have that experience at all with my GS-X mk2.

Yes, the GS-X does a very, very good preserving the original signal.  Cavali's stuff (is very good) has it's own signature which results in a loss of transparency.  The GS-X is more chameleon like. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back