CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Feb 26, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #1,773 of 25,865
congratulations on getting your Dave.super nova 7 fit's Dave,CHORD their's no excuse for his optical cable not fitting in the Dave,you should sort this out asap.ENJOY Beolab:smiley:

Thanks mate!

I will go out and buy a SuperNova 7 if you can promise it works with DAVE :) ?

Another option is to cut of some peaces of the plug on the Diamond cable to make it fit.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #1,774 of 25,865
Same here.
Congrats Beolab, the Dave is awesome right?

Truly outrageously good !

I find the soundstage is more centred / compact and vivid compared to Hugo who is more lively and sharp / veil in the corners.
And the dynamics and silky bass are just over the top. It does a great trio with the HeadTrip , DAVE and Abyss.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #1,776 of 25,865
Feb 26, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #1,777 of 25,865
Hmmm. I cannot fit my Supernova 6 Toslink into DAVE. The plug behind the main Toslink plug portion was too big so the cable doesn't insert deep enough to stay put. And I don't think I can really shave it. Good thing DAVE comes with its own Toslink cable which I now use.

And I mainly use USB for music playback but I do watch TV and movies with the coaxial and Toslink. DAVE is at a completely different level of performance compared to QBD76.

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,778 of 25,865
Hmmm. I cannot fit my Supernova 6 Toslink into DAVE. The plug behind the main Toslink plug portion was too big so the cable doesn't insert deep enough to stay put. And I don't think I can really shave it. Good thing DAVE comes with its own Toslink cable which I now use.

And I mainly use USB for music playback but I do watch TV and movies with the coaxial and Toslink. DAVE is at a completely different level of performance compared to QBD76.

Hm.. thats was my thaughts also, that it wouldent fit. The Nova 7 got the same Toslinl plug .

Why so small holes? :wink:

Do not like to use the stock Chord China Toslink that is included, so i think i have to shave my AQ Diamond plug a little ;(

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #1,779 of 25,865

Hm.. thats was my thaughts also, that it wouldent fit. The Nova 7 got the same Toslinl plug .

Why so small holes? :wink:

Do not like to use the stock Chord China Toslink that is included, so i think i have to shave my AQ Diamond plug a little ;(
Guys,the super nova 7 fit's the Dave 100%.like I've said before I'm using it from my blu transport to the Dave,perfect fit.

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #1,781 of 25,865
Hi lovethatsound,
Does the Dave improve the sound from the Blu over a QBD76 ? 
Hi Bonesy jonesy
Yes Dave is a big step up from the QBD76.I bet your wondering why I'm not using daul data mode,well at the moment it sounds better just using the blu set to 24 bit and red book using optical,this may change in the future when chord update the filters in the blu transport.How are you getting on with your new headphones m8?

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #1,783 of 25,865
Hi Bonesy jonesy
Yes Dave is a big step up from the QBD76.I bet your wondering why I'm not using daul data mode,well at the moment it sounds better just using the blu set to 24 bit and red book using optical,this may change in the future when chord update the filters in the blu transport.How are you getting on with your new headphones m8?

Hi lovethatsound,

Yes you were reading my mind regarding using the dual data from the Blu.   I have been buying some Original MFSL Ultradisc Master Recording Gold CD's which has made a big step up in quality with Blu connected to the QBD76.....so I am imaging with the DAVE it will be amazing.  I also found a jump in sound quality changing the power cables and interconnects.  I now use Digital XLR's made by Clearer Audio  (UK company that hand makes fantastic quality power cables, speaker cables and interconnects) to connect my Blu to my QBD76 DAC. 

My Stax 009's sound fantastic now with my KGST connected to my Blu and QBD76 which are both burning in nicely.  Thank you for asking lovethatsound.    I can imagine with DAVE it could be audio nirvana.    Need to book for a demo session with my gear for comparison ! 

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #1,784 of 25,865
  Yes to prevent people accidentally changing modes, you have to keep the right hand button pressed for at least a second when the PCM+/DSD+ is highlighted.

Oh its early for me, I am in Korea!

Yes straight out of the box it will should make fabulous music - assuming of course the rest of the system is transparent.

Rob

Are you planning to be at the Bristol HiFi Show over the weekend giving a digital master class?

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #1,785 of 25,865
  I am currently designing a ADC converter, that will match Dave's performance, and solve a number of issues that plague conventional ADC's - notably huge noise floor modulation, poor anti-aliasing filters, and poor noise shaper performance.

Rob

Hi Rob,John, 

Great to meet you on the 1st day of CAMJAM Singapore. I have a Mojo for a few weeks and after hearing about your presentation on Mojo and Dave, I was keen to listen to Dave too. Good thing the local agent AV1 had one in the show.

The first time I heard Dave for a minutes, under show conditions, the sound quality was not obvious, as the setup of was different from mine: different can, Windows player, & different songs. 

So went back to listen to the Dave Dac next day for 30 mins using my MacBook, Audirvana+(no upsampling) , CD and DSD albums on a HifiMan HE1000.  

Wow. Outstanding sound. Best Dac I've ever heard. Very transparent, lost of accurate details and very musical. This is my idea of what great music sounds like. 

The albums sounds so much closer to a live performance than anything I've heard before in Hifi .Couldn't stop smiling . 

So now I'm really happy with the Mojo, and using it every day to discover albums and hear music presented in life like way.

I used to be like that U2 song, "And I still haven't found what I was looking for."  Now I'm ecstatic to find what I can upgrade to in future - Dave.

Looking forward to your ADC too. Do get the code done soon and get it out. Can't wait to too hear well recorded music converted on your ADC and played back on Dave :) 

To all owners, and would be owners of Dave Dac: Congratulations! You're on to a good thing. 
beerchug.gif

Rick 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back