CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Feb 25, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #1,757 of 25,885

I think I remember talking to the USA distributor and they said something like retailers aren't allowed to sell Dave online.  They said they let mine go since it was order way head of time.
Do any online retailers in the United States sell these yet? I can't find one. Thanks

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #1,759 of 25,885
Grats, Black looks nice. 

I was wondering.  Did other people's Dave come with any booklets or anything?  That unboxing video showed a packet of papers.  I don't think mine came with anything like that.

Yes, it came with:

Black booklet manual
Warranty card
C13 IEC Power cable
Optical Toslink cable
USB A - USB B Cable
Chord System Remote

I have already like three system remotes incl the black metal casing for the remote ( $799 )

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #1,760 of 25,885
Hmm I got everything but the Manual in mine.  Is there a warranty card or something important I need in it?

Yes, it came with a black Manual ,
C13 IEC Power cable
Optical Toslink cable
USB A - USB B Cable
Chord System Remote

I have already like three system remotes incl the black metal casing for the remote ( $799 )

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #1,761 of 25,885
Also would you recommend using this with say a gsx mk2 with headphones as I have that already or is the amp sufficient in the Dave?

«Sufficient» for 99% of the available dynamic headphones (planars included). As in the Hugo, there's no circuitry to be bypassed when using an external amp, so there's nothing to gain except for gain (which you don't need) and added coloration (harmonic distortion). I wholeheartedly recommend withstanding the temptation of the «more is better» maxim – and go for the best amp you can get for DAVE: the integrated wire without gain. If you need some coloration or counterbalancing for your headphones, there are methods preserving the original transparency.

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #1,762 of 25,885
Also would you recommend using this with say a gsx mk2 with headphones as I have that already or is the amp sufficient in the Dave?

I think someone posted about using Dave with gsx  awhile back.  The amp in Dave is sufficient with all of my headphones even an old akg that's 600ohm.

If you really want to use balanced then you can use the gsx over dave's amp.

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #1,763 of 25,885
  Hmm I got everything but the Manual in mine.  Is there a warranty card or something important I need in it?

I got a warranty card (which I don't need, since warranty is provided by the distributor) and a printed manual – the same as the PDF available on the net.

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #1,764 of 25,885
The sound is from another planet!

Now it is installed, and up running, but i have one question, the display turn off every 15 seconds and then turns on again ?

Does anyone got the same issue ?

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #1,765 of 25,885
Don't worry about the display blanking it is normal. The display gets its data from the flash and I can't read and write to the flash at the same time so I blank the display when saving configuration settings. Actually this problem turned into a useful feature as I know that current settings are being saved when it blanks!

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #1,766 of 25,885
The sound is from another planet!

Now it is installed, and up running, but i have one question, the display turn off every 15 seconds and then turns on again ?

Does anyone got the same issue ?

I don't but I'm in Display mode 4 so the screen turns off with inactivity and only turns back on when I change the volume or the input. However, I find it to be quite sensitive. Sometimes, if I were to touch the unit's casing, the display would turn on. Which makes me wonder if I have some static charges on me all the time. I see you seem to be in Display mode 2. I thought the display is supposed to stay on all the time. Hopefully, the problem is not because of some grounding issue with your BNC output into the DAC. I do know that the screen flashes/blinks when it saves the new setting into memory but I didn't think it does so every 15 seconds when I was running it in Display mode 1.

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #1,767 of 25,885
The display blanks for a second just once after the setting has been changed.

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #1,768 of 25,885
Don't worry about the display blanking it is normal. The display gets its data from the flash and I can't read and write to the flash at the same time so I blank the display when saving configuration settings. Actually this problem turned into a useful feature as I know that current settings are being saved when it blanks!

Thanks Rob for that quick answer this late!:wink:

It have stopped blink now :wink:

Quick question, how do i switch to DSD+ ?
Can toggle to DSD+ from PCM+ , the other funktions is no problem to toggle in btw.

I read it should take 20 seconds, but it does not respond at all, i certainly do something wrong here.

Then it is sad that i can not use the AQ Diamond Toslink cable, it doesn't fit ;(

Other than that it is a state of the art machine, with great sensitivity feel in the volume nob and a extraordinary sound straight out of the box!

Then i have also connected the W4s Remedy and switch in btw the Remedy that is connected to BNC 1 and then i go straight with a second Spidf coax to BNC 2 without the Remedy and it is from what i find impossible to here any difference, like i do on the Mojo and Hugo.

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #1,769 of 25,885
Yes to prevent people accidentally changing modes, you have to keep the right hand button pressed for at least a second when the PCM+/DSD+ is highlighted.

Oh its early for me, I am in Korea!

Yes straight out of the box it will should make fabulous music - assuming of course the rest of the system is transparent.

Rob

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #1,770 of 25,885
Yes to prevent people accidentally changing modes, you have to keep the right hand button pressed for at least a second when the PCM+/DSD+ is highlighted.

Oh its early for me, I am in Korea!

Yes straight out of the box it will should make fabulous music - assuming of course the rest of the system is transparent.

Rob

Oh! goodmorning then, hope you having a sunny day in ☀️Seoul☀️.

This is in my mind an End Game setup:
Cant see how the sound could be bettered from my point of veiw, maybe the headphone cables: JPS Labs SuperConductor HP cable or the DHC Spore4 cables can open up the sound a thad more, but other than that it is outrageously good, so soft en gentle, and so much air around every micro note and detail. It is like night and day to listen to my Hugo no. The Mojo stays in the livingroom for my speakers, and he is doing a nice magic jobb there.

I think it is in a totally diffrent leauge and does sound like the best i have ever heard period.

And yes the Wells Audio HeadTrip is a monster power amp with 25watt of power, and is dead silent with loads of power when it needs to deliver, even if it is only a small silent pling in the atmosphere fara away it delivers it so well pronounced, so it is almost unreal. And i also feel that a high powered amp doesent run away and hide the information when a visceral bass is just wispers in your ear, like a underpowered one does.
So yes it is very transparent and totally black with no noise in the background = a great trio .
So now it is just the music that have to be better recorded with your ADC Rob, i have dun my jobb for now:wink:

// Fredrik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back