CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Sep 4, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #259 of 25,834
Hoping to hear that listeners find it to be a revolutionary advance in digital reproduction, as our expectations about DAVE are very high. It shouldn't just sound like another very good DAC, but easily exceeding anything we've ever heard to this point from digital. Standing by for any listener reports, TIA!

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #260 of 25,834
popcorn.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #261 of 25,834
Sitting listening to DAVE at Audio Show East :blush:

And what is your thoughts about DAVE then?

I know its hard to not have any Hugo or other DAC to compare it with so its hard to hear what the DAVE deliver vs the rest of the Chord equipment and PWC speakers in the rig, if they don't demo with a A+B listening.

But please wright your listening impressions:wink:

Sep 4, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #262 of 25,834
Its more than 3 hours ago you wrote @Jiffi32 that you had a listening on DAVE, or are you still stuck in the chair paralysed by the sound? :laughing:

Everyone sitting with their popcorn and waiting on you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #264 of 25,834
  Jiffi32 must have reached a state of nirvana from listening to DAVE, so it may take him a while to regain his senses enough to be able to report here. 
popcorn.gif

I heard he was never seen again, transported to some extra-dimensional realm of pure sound by the power of DAVE

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #268 of 25,834
Have spent over 4 hours today listening to Dave
darthsmile.gif
Arrived just as doors opened at 12. Room was empty with just Colin running things. Turns out Colin and I share a very similar taste in music so was able to listen to lots of music I am very familiar with.
 I own a hugo and love it.... UNTIL I heard DAVE!! 
Its like going from listening to music on my nokia phone to listening on Hugo. There is just MORE of EVERYTHING. 
Colin played a track on the DSX1000 then repeated same track on DAVE.  What a jump forward over QBD76 tech.
Dave makes Hugo sound a bit tame a bit boring in comparison (and Hugo is not in anyway boring and uninvolving!)
Dave is a GAME CHANGER. If you are anywhere near Suffolk go and listen to Dave tomorrow at the show!!

Hate to sound like a fanboy but Dave is that good. And sorry I am not very good with describing sound
I now have to work out how to find the money to buy a Dave.
L3000.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #269 of 25,834
Great to hear!
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #270 of 25,834
Colin said that Dave's are currently in production for dealers dem units and all being well should be arriving in dem rooms by oct/nov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back