CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jul 31, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #226 of 25,909
  you know whats funny OK-Guy? I want to buy DAVE,and you know what will I do?

hopefully you'll buy Dave to enjoy it... can't think of a better reason but hey that's me...
normal_smile .gif

to be honest technology leaves me a bit cold but I try to get my head around things by reading post and trying to make sense of what's said... I may throw in a bit of ironic wit along the way as I like to poke fun at my ineptness afterall when I'm surrounded by the like of John Franks, Rob Watts, Matt & Smiley do I really need to learn when I have all this technical expertise at my knobbly elbow?... to learn or not to learn that is the question...
wink_face.gif

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #227 of 25,909

hopefully you'll buy Dave to enjoy it... can't think of a better reason but hey that's me...
normal_smile%20.gif

to be honest technology leaves me a bit cold but I try to get my head around things by reading post and trying to make sense of what's said... I may throw in a bit of ironic wit along the way as I like to poke fun at my ineptness afterall when I'm surrounded by the like of John Franks, Rob Watts, Matt & Smiley do I really need to learn when I have all this technical expertise at my knobbly elbow?... to learn or not to learn that is the question...
wink_face.gif

ohhh ok,I thought you was making fun out of me.Yes! Plan to buy this,I dont want any of these warm colored dacs,I want ultimate precision and the 100mhz 5 bit pulse array and 164000 taps FPGA filter are world records in technology,I honestly believe this DAVE might be best dac ever made,the theory,the science,the logic,it have it all,only thing it needs is perfect execution so the analog components dont hold it back

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #230 of 25,909
few queries about dave, 1) hugo has rca and headphone out connected together and the output varies upto 4.5 volt . in case of dave whether the headphone out and rca out are same like in hugo ? xlr has 6 volt out, is this maximum ? if that so rca out will be 3 volt max in dave ?  btw i used hugo direct into benchmark ahb2 with lowest gain of 9.2db and the results are too good right from the start.

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #232 of 25,909

Thanks Rob.

Will DAVE be at CanJam London end of August in a listenable set-up ?     What is the voltage output of HUGO (to compare with the >6v of DAVE, since I owe a HUGO) 

I read somewhere that the Chord Hugo does 5v RMS?

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #233 of 25,909
  Yes Dave has same headphone OP as line level like Hugo. XLR is up to 12v RMS but is not intended to drive headphones. RCA is up to 6v RMS.

Rob

Maybe a silly question since Dave is a Dac, but can the Dave drive headphones as good like the Taurus MK II or GS-X? 

I was thinking of adding a dedicated amplifier for my Chord Hugo since some people on this forum say you need a dedicated amplifier for the HD800. If Dave does the trick, maybe I'll just get Dave. 

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #238 of 25,909
I hope Chord Dave comes in black too. Some additional shades of red to complement Headamp GS-X would be awesome!

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #239 of 25,909
 ​
 ​

CanJam London
 ​
Date: Saturday 29th - Sunday 30th
 ​
Venue: Hotel Russell
Russell Square, London WC1
 ​
Nearest  Tube: Russell Square (Piccadilly-Line)
 ​
Chord Electronics is a proud Sponsor of the inaugural
CanJam-London Event
 ​
We will have the Chord Hugo, Chord Hugo-TT & Chord 2Qute on display with Headphones from Beyerdynamic, Grado Labs, Rhapsodio & Dita Audio
 ​
John Franks & Rob Watts will be in attendance along with the team from Chord Electronics
 ​
 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back