CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Sep 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #286 of 25,860
A++   Totally agree.   The Blu is a great CD Transporter especially duel balanced out !  

Most likley Chord resonate that CD is almost a dead format in 2-3 years time, and do not focus to be compatible with older products.

And to them who are owning a QBD76 you can make it to upsample every input source you connect if you only split the signal, the QBD76 / DAVE upsample it x2 wich give you a little better signal to noise ratio.

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #287 of 25,860
Thanks for the nice wright up!

Its funny you say; "Dave handled all sorts of misic" :wink:

Yep - It was just a random choice from the audience and it all sounded good.

Im going to be a little picky here, because after all they did not do a A+B comparison, so it is impossible to recognise and isolate just DAVE in the signal path. So most likley you liked the sound of the speakers and the rest of the pakage including the DAVE.

They were never going to do a comparison with the Hugo or another bit of Chord kit.

I will take all statments with a grain of salt before i here someone who have actually herard a proper A+B comparison, because it is impossible to say A was better than
B if you only have heard A. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Agree - but I would reitterate it did sound good, really good -:)

Sep 10, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #288 of 25,860
Hi chord,I'd like 2 ask you a question if i may.On the QBD 76 you have 2 AES balanced inputs so you can run in DUAL DATA Mode from the blu cd transport,I'm using this method now and 2 me it sounds slightly better than using the coax DUAL INPUTS,but DAVE only has 1 AES balance input,so no DUAL up sampling from the BLU transport from the AES output 2 DAVE.Could this not be changed before DAVE went into production?I'm sure their's many chord blu user's out there who would appreciate being able 2 use DUAL OUTPUT from AES 2 DAVE.Thanks for your time.

Just thought that I would update you. We know that quite a few of you have asked this question, and I can now confirm that Dave will allow you to run dual BNC. Hope this helps.

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #291 of 25,860
I was expecting MUCH more feed-back & comments about DAVE after it's first apparition ! 
confused.gif

Ideally I would love to hear a comparaison with the NAGRA HD DAC....booth using their internal headphone-out 
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #292 of 25,860
The thread died after the Event mainly because they dident do any comparion btw Hugo and DAVE so its hard to tell what DAVE do with the sound isoalted, or because it wasn't the holy grail of sound everyone had expected.

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #293 of 25,860
The thread died after the Event mainly because they dident do any comparion btw Hugo and DAVE so its hard to tell what DAVE do with the sound isoalted, or because it wasn't the holy grail of sound everyone had expected.

'Audio Show East' was for DAVE listening purposes only, I was quite specific that Dave was a ' working pre-production unit' and not the final 'retail version'... I doubt if any manufacturer would allow what is essentially a prototype to be judged against another product from their range... the listening sessions at ASE were a taster of things to come, best to leave assumed comments about performance until DAVE is finally released later in the year then people will be able to judge just how good the product is, hth.

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #294 of 25,860
OT:

@ChordElectronics

This is spooky:

Last night i was listening on my Hugo and when i was finished with my listening i disconnected my headphones from my Hugo, but i did still hear the song i was playing!!??

Then i laid my ear on top of the Hugo and yes the quiet, but highly distorted song/sound came from the Hugo!?
Is this normal or something wrong with the product?

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #298 of 25,860
  Cannot drive planar magnetics sufficiently. Not the Hifiman HE-6 for sure.

Don't know about the HE-6, but with its extremely low efficiency it isn't the typical planar magnetic headphone. The Hugo with its 600 mW at 32 ohms drives the HE1000 (34 ohms) effortlessly – so the DAVE will be overkill.

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #299 of 25,860

Don't know about the HE-6, but with its extremely low efficiency it isn't the typical planar magnetic headphone. The Hugo with its 600 mW at 32 ohms drives the HE1000 (34 ohms) effortlessly – so the DAVE will be overkill.

I haven't heard the Hugo with the HE1000s, but damn, just settling in to the Hugo TT desktop unit and HE1000s...wowza! First off, as a stand alone DAC, it's impressed the heck out of me after 2 nights, but tonight I thought I'd give the amp section a run with my most demanding headphones (from a power/efficiency standpoint) and it's not breaking a sweat making them sound spectacular!

I have heard the original Hugo drive my LCD-X and TH900s and it was one helluva portable amp/DAC!

Hope you're doing well Jazz. 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back