Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
May 1, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #362 of 4,904
Some of us had a chance to listen to the Blu 2 to the DAVE this past weekend at the Fujiya Spring Headphone festival.

It was quite impressive - I only wish I had the chance to bring my own headphones instead of the demo headphones provided.
Photo 2017-04-30 16 22 47.jpg

Photo 2017-04-30 16 22 20.jpg

May 1, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #363 of 4,904
Does anyone knows how @awesomeaw covered unused slots in his Dave?

or even why?

I cover those unused connections up are purely for cosmetic reason. Because the way I set up my Dave and Blu the back are expose from view. Unlike most people their equipment back view are hidden away. I feel it is much neater covering the unused termination up.

According to the manufacturer they claim that they do reduce noise. But from my experience they are not at all audible. May be through instruments measurement.

Hope that help, Cheers

May 1, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #365 of 4,904
Hi everyone, I know many people share there experience about Blue Mk2.

I listen to it last week in Tokyo festival, and I was honored to talk to Mr.Rob, he shows me how Bmk2 improve the sound and that was beyound improvement; it change the sound like you hear a different mix to that track.

It was a HUGE change in depth layers ( not like it was pushed back but actually coming from the back ).

I hope that I test my tracks and headphone but my flight was in the same day so I had to leave early.

May 4, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #370 of 4,904
My Blu2 has arrived at the dealer and he is shipping to me to arrive tomorow. I will of course plug it in within minutes and report! (Unless I decide it requires 500 hours burn in before listening to it).

May 4, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #374 of 4,904
@Triode User AFAK no burn in needs for Chord Product as @Rob Watts didn't figure out any difference between out of the box and burn in devices

Sorry, it was my poor attempt at humour. My normal practice is unpack, switch on, listen and enjoy. No burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back