Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Jun 7, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #721 of 1,746
From my opinion and from my customers opinions, the 2Qute sounds richer and more musical than the Hugo for some reason i cant tell, but it does, maybe @Rob Watts have any idea? More floor noise from the 2Qute wall wart net adapter, that gives you the impression of more rishness maybe.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #722 of 1,746
  Hello, 

I've noticed someone else asking about it on page 40 of this thread without getting an answer....Recently bought 2qute and noticed the light that indicates sample rate doesn't change when different types of files are played. I've tried playing files via different players foobar2000, vlc and deejaysytem software. Now the funny thing is that when I go to control panel/sounds console and enable different types of sampling rate capability for the 2qute specifically and click on the test button it actually changes colours according to specification everytime the sampling rate changes. But when i leave it set at for example 44100 it stays red even if I play a 192k file through foobar, vlc etc. It simply remains at that colour that is set in control panel all the time no matter the sampling rate later played through any player. Surely I'm missing something but I haven't got a clue what could be the reason. Can anyone help or explain? windows 7, via usb. 

In foobar2000, go to File\Preferences\Playback\Output\Device and choose anything than DS (whatever is available from ASIO, KS or WASAPI - if none is available you must download and activate the relevant foobar component). You thus bypass the Windows mixer and you output to the dac the original sampling rate of the file.

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #723 of 1,746
Since i posted a couple of pages ago, I've since bought some Linn Majik 109 speakers (love them).

Very impressed with the 2Qute; however, i'm sure it could get better yet. The Arcam Alpha 8 amp will clearly be the weak link. Anybody got any ideas that would compliment the speakers and the 2qute?

Rega/ Roksan, Cyrus?!?!?

The source is lossless tracks on my iMac.

thanks v much 

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #724 of 1,746
I have never heard Linn speakers but I use the 2qute with a rega elex-r and Dali speakers and its heaven. So musical that its impossible to do anythin g else than listen while being in the same room. The elex-r is probably my best value buy ever.

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #725 of 1,746
I been listening non stop with the 2 cute and it is a big improvement in bass over my Oppo BDP 105.I will have comparison in detail when I finish my review of 2Cute but it is impressive/ Rob Watt's genius is all over this unit.   Fun paying electronic music and other genre's on the system as well as with headphones.

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #727 of 1,746
The isolation is via a separate isolation chip - so the I/O signals for the USB decoder device to the FPGA is via this isolation chip. All Chord products currently use the same device for galvanic isolation.

Rob 

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #728 of 1,746

The isolation is via a separate isolation chip - so the I/O signals for the USB decoder device to the FPGA is via this isolation chip. All Chord products currently use the same device for galvanic isolation.

Rob 

Besides the Hugo and Mojo

Can not understand how the 2Qute sounds more and organic and closely in signature to the Dave vs the Hugo during my listening tests ( using Toslink ) ?

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #729 of 1,746

Rob 

The best isolation chips nowadays such as the Silicon Labs ones only support 150Mbps, should we be worried about them? I hope some scary high speed iso chip is gonna appear in the near future...

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #730 of 1,746
No worries about the isolation speed - its decoded data, so 6 lines in parallel, and is much faster than needed. And incoming data is re-timed within the FPGA as this is clock source.

Rob

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #731 of 1,746

Can not understand how the 2Qute sounds more and organic and closely in signature to the Dave vs the Hugo during my listening tests ( using Toslink ) ?

It would be too boring if Rob didn't tweak the 2Qute in a different way than the Hugo. You should try a comparison with Mojo and 2Qute and might find that Mojo is closer to 2Qute than Hugo is to 2Qute.

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #732 of 1,746
It would be too boring if Rob didn't tweak the 2Qute in a different way than the Hugo. You should try a comparison with Mojo and 2Qute and might find that Mojo is closer to 2Qute than Hugo is to 2Qute.

Yes i have compared the DAVE to Mojo, and it does not sound as close as the 2Qute does to the DAVE, Mojo got its own signature almost.

(I got an new DAVE , 2Qute , Hugo and a Mojo to compare with)

Whats is your oppinion Rob ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back